NHL 2017-18

Bmac

If we're sticking with this divisional tournament ASG format for a while, maybe it would be a good idea to design division logos to go along with conference logos. All those NHL crests get redundant.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 15.08.2017 at 1:56 AM, pepis21 said:

I don't know why, but I have a feeling that All Star Game uniforms will have 3 stripes.

Damn it, I was right...

Anyway, if you remove stars from this Central jersey, replace silver by white and maybe wrap stripes all around sleeves, you might receive pretty good alternate jersey for Flyers.

4r2eer.png

13 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Damn it, I was right...

Anyway, if you remove stars from this Central jersey, replace silver by white and maybe wrap stripes all around sleeves, you might receive pretty good alternate jersey for Flyers.

^_^

Spoiler

LucasD-PHI.png

On the other hand, I like the general idea of these, but the execution leaves something to be desired. I wish the 3-Stripes weren’t there, and the colour scheme was limited to orange-black-grey-white. The numbers look nice. All in all, not bad.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

If we're sticking with this divisional tournament ASG format for a while, maybe it would be a good idea to design division logos to go along with conference logos. All those NHL crests get redundant.

Something as simple as taking "NHL" and the two diagonal lines out of the shield, and replacing that with the first letter of the division name could work. You've already got the league name on the neck and shiny as all hell. That should be plenty.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I never thought I'd say this, but the Adidas stripes actually kinda tie the whole thing together. The influences of the past, as well as the modernized Adidas template/design style really work well together. The orange, black, and silver all pop beautifully, as do the neon green, blue, and silver. All in all, I really like these, and if I wasn't broke, I'd definitely get myself one.

12 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

I'd argue that caramelized pineapple in julienned strips might be a good pizza topping, but raw chunks are a nasty mishmash of texture and prevents proper folding. 

Also, I'd say any form of pineapple on pizza is a sin, no matter how caramelized it is. I think the Bible said it or something. Also +10 points for pizza folding. Almost makes up for the disastrous use of pineapple.

Apologies to the mods for going off topic, but pizza with pineapple, bacon, and barbecue sauce in place of traditional tomato sauce is delicious.

I don't hate the highlighter green/yellow, but I think it needs to be a little bolder to stand up against that rich blue. It looks okay against the gray, but it just seems kinda washed out against the blue. For all-star jerseys, they're fine. I think the NHL shield is the right choice for the crest, but I would put that year's game logo as one shoulder patch, and come up with some kind of specific logo for each division for the other shoulder. If they're not going to have a returning color scheme for each division, they should have some kind of way to identify which division it is, other than the dreaded hanger effect.

12 hours ago, the admiral said:

10 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

Something as simple as taking "NHL" and the two diagonal lines out of the shield, and replacing that with the first letter of the division name could work. You've already got the league name on the neck and shiny as all hell. That should be plenty.

They kind of had that last year as logos.  I'd have to dig them up but they looked good for what it was.

I made this a while ago... Don't mind the, ahem, out there jersey design, but more the logo application. Flat, uniquely coloured shield-star crests, and shoulder patches matching the jersey colour on an off-coloured yoke. I think something like these patches could work.

Spoiler

LucasDaitchman-2018ASG.png

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

4 hours ago, Cosmic said:

Apologies to the mods for going off topic, but pizza with pineapple, bacon, and barbecue sauce in place of traditional tomato sauce is delicious.

I don't hate the highlighter green/yellow, but I think it needs to be a little bolder to stand up against that rich blue. It looks okay against the gray, but it just seems kinda washed out against the blue. For all-star jerseys, they're fine. I think the NHL shield is the right choice for the crest, but I would put that year's game logo as one shoulder patch, and come up with some kind of specific logo for each division for the other shoulder. If they're not going to have a returning color scheme for each division, they should have some kind of way to identify which division it is, other than the dreaded hanger effect.

100% agreed on the pizza.

When I saw the picture of the jerseys last night I said almost the exact same thing to my buddy. 

In my opinion, the all star game jerseys are were you go a little crazy with colours or design. I'd love to see them use 4 different colours (no white) one year too. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Pineapple on pizza is permissible particularly as part of a proper Hawaiian pizza. It can't be with other stuff, and it has to be thinly sliced. And pizza doesn't need to be folded. AYYYYY I'm not WALKIN' HERE

Did we ever codify the rule about how the longer a CCSLC thread goes, the probability of discussing pizza approaches 1?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Personally, I find that pineapple goes well with chicken on pizza.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

54 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Pineapple on pizza is permissible particularly as part of a proper Hawaiian pizza. It can't be with other stuff, and it has to be thinly sliced. And pizza doesn't need to be folded. AYYYYY I'm not WALKIN' HERE

Did we ever codify the rule about how the longer a CCSLC thread goes, the probability of discussing pizza approaches 1?

I don't think I've ever eaten a slice of pizza without folding it.  How else can you eat one with only one hand, unless it's crispy AF?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

18 hours ago, M4One said:

DSqAoe9V4AASzX0.jpg

DSqAoRIVAAAVSra.jpg

The Lightning need to either go with this shade of blue and that yellow, or more of a "volt" yellow, or go with a charcoal gray with the volt.  If any team should have "volt", it's a team that's literally named for electricity.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived