Bmac

NHL 2017-18

Recommended Posts

Got this email today from the Devils. Besides the fact that they screwed up everyone's names that received it could it be a hint as to the new uniforms for next season?

17264723_10210356222755678_4462466007759797945_n.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Chico said:

Got this email today from the Devils. Besides the fact that they screwed up everyone's names that received it could it be a hint as to the new uniforms for next season?

17264723_10210356222755678_4462466007759797945_n.jpg

I got an e-mail from them addressed to "Kelly." Oh, lil Debbies...


Maybe some clues will be found on:

http://www.truesince82.com/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chico said:

Got this email today from the Devils. Besides the fact that they screwed up everyone's names that received it could it be a hint as to the new uniforms for next season?

17264723_10210356222755678_4462466007759797945_n.jpg

Green

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The guy that owns the Devils also owns the 76ers. A few years after buying the team, they went to a retro-inspired design. Looks like he's doing the same thing here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, that's nice, because I know I'd had it up to here with the Devils' garish and unorthodox uniforms. I mean, pushed that envelope right off the desk, they did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That website clearly shows a red/dark green jersey. Isnt that just the retro they wore a few weeks ago?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

 

Not on truesince82.com.  

 

80s jersey, with red and black yoke and stripes. (Maybe...it might be my computer...)

I see what you see, but if you look at the player departing for the bench, his breezers look green. On the main jersey of the player pictured, it's so dark that it almost washes out and becomes black. 

 

It's weird, though. It took me 10 times looking at it to realize that there is a red and green diagonal on the top pic...Look at the numbers: the bottom player wears 25 and the top is 44. Uuuuuh. Am I supposed to see a mirror image or a progression? Dunno.  I don't think it's particularly well done...

 

And there's a solid green diagonal on the second pic. At least in the lower pic, it's splitting the screen between a shot from present day (left) and I guess the 90s (right). So, I'm not sure what is split in the top image. Looks like the same jersey. Am I nuts? Unless it is essentially the original Devils kit from head to toe, with black replacing green????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NYYNYR said:

I see what you see, but if you look at the player departing for the bench, his breezers look green. On the main jersey of the player pictured, it's so dark that it almost washes out and becomes black. 

 

It's weird, though. It took me 10 times looking at it to realize that there is a red and green diagonal on the top pic...Look at the numbers: the bottom player wears 25 and the top is 44. Uuuuuh. Am I supposed to see a mirror image or a progression? Dunno.  I don't think it's particularly well done...

 

And there's a solid green diagonal on the second pic. At least in the lower pic, it's splitting the screen between a shot from present day (left) and I guess the 90s (right). So, I'm not sure what is split in the top image. Looks like the same jersey. Am I nuts? Unless it is essentially the original Devils kit from head to toe, with black replacing green????

 

At first I thought maybe it was a concept site, as it looked (to me) like someone updating the old jersey with red and black (as the green looks super dark on the newer picture).  And if it was a concept site, then I could fathom they only updated one player (and left the older breezers as is).  But then I saw it belonged to the Devils...and then I realized it was indeed green and not black.

 

I think it's supposed to be a progression...to the older jersey.  Kinda weird.  

 

If they bring back the green I'd be okay with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys...one side of the diagonal line is from 1982. The other side is a current player in the throwback uni's. Basically, same uni in both photos just blending old/new which is why the quality of the photo is much better in the current version

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bowld said:

Guys...one side of the diagonal line is from 1982. The other side is a current player in the throwback uni's. Basically, same uni in both photos just blending old/new which is why the quality of the photo is much better in the current version

 

Yeah you're right.  The stripes on the torso aren't completely shown...and it looks like the current stripes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's green in the rest of the email, if that helps. 

1 hour ago, philly97flyer said:

The guy that owns the Devils also owns the 76ers. A few years after buying the team, they went to a retro-inspired design. Looks like he's doing the same thing here.

Either they do this or 'modernize' and bring current colors in old design.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Chico said:

Got this email today from the Devils. Besides the fact that they screwed up everyone's names that received it could it be a hint as to the new uniforms for next season?

17264723_10210356222755678_4462466007759797945_n.jpg

So they're going back to their green accented unis presumably in their current template 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always wanted green to make a return, I just hope they update the striping.  The roads looked alright but the unnecessary red stripes, outlined in white, always looked weird on a red background.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Chico said:

Got this email today from the Devils. Besides the fact that they screwed up everyone's names that received it could it be a hint as to the new uniforms for next season?

17264723_10210356222755678_4462466007759797945_n.jpg

The pun... God the pun.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what the website shows, for anyone who didn't click the link:

 

20170323_232855.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NJ's throwbacks are overrated and highly inferior to what they're currently wearing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CRichardson said:

NJ's throwbacks are overrated and highly inferior to what they're currently wearing.

 

Yea. The current jerseys are so much better than the red/green. I'm fine with that as an alt, they can even wear them more than just St. Patrick's day, but their current jerseys are perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.