NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really not a fan of those new Sharks logos at all, the shading style made them look dated as soon as they were revealed. The current primary is not perfect but the form of it is more unique and just better overall. That being said, I'm all on board for the fin logo to make a comeback. 

spacer.png

15 hours ago, daniel75 said:

Hate that logo, the fin is too far up on the head, also the s looks like a forced afterthought and strangely placed.

14 hours ago, njdevs7 said:

May be a small detail, but  that just doesn't look like the teeth of a shark at all. A shark's teeth are clearly separated. Does this bother anyone else?

transcoder.png?id=1y-cmupbljsmf-528hhs1r

This is purely my opinion; your points are understandable, but not everything has to be anatomically correct in the logo world. 

3 hours ago, DNAsports said:

This is purely my opinion; your points are understandable, but not everything has to be anatomically correct in the logo world. 

Your absolutely right, after all it’s not an illustration. I still find it funny when people say the Bucs flag is too clean looking for a pirate flag.

I actively dislike everything about what the Sharks are using for their identity. They could so easily have such a cool, distinctly iconic set yet they have chosen to mash together a bunch of cartoon logos with a weak jersey design, not to mention the totally useless addition of orange. I'd say them and Ottawa are the two teams that are totally missing the mark on what is a strong foundation that they could build a solid identity around.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I’m a Sharks fan, and I believe that they’ve never had a top-notch look. While I like the first jersey set and color scheme (while also maintaining a soft spot for the fin set), I’ve never liked any of their logos. They’re either too cartoony, too dull, or just off-putting.

14 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

I’m a Sharks fan, and I believe that they’ve never had a top-notch look. While I like the first jersey set and color scheme (while also maintaining a soft spot for the gin set), I’ve never liked any of their logos. They’re either too cartoony, too dull, or just off-putting.

What's worse, a team that knows how and desires to build a visual identity, but just can't put it all together,  or a team that simply has no concern at all for building a visual identity?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

48 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

What's worse, a team that knows how and desires to build a visual identity, but just can't put it all together,  or a team that simply has no concern at all for building a visual identity?

Neither imo

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

13 hours ago, Bayne said:

Neither imo

You musta been captain of the debate team.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

8 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

I’m all for bringing the fin back, but it just doesn’t work with any of the Sharks’ other logos. It would have to be recoloured to work (black with a teal highlight).

They already have an updated fin logo, though.  Do they even use it by itself and not with the SJ like on the last alternate?  The updated fin logo really should be the shoulder logo instead of what they have now.  Definitely should have been the shoulder logo when they made the Reebok Edge switch over.

The original fin logo will probably come back on a retro jersey for a game or two, if not on a retro inspired alternate.

10 minutes ago, M4One said:

They already have an updated fin logo, though.  Do they even use it by itself and not with the SJ like on the last alternate?  The updated fin logo really should be the shoulder logo instead of what they have now.  Definitely should have been the shoulder logo when they made the Reebok Edge switch over.

The original fin logo will probably come back on a retro jersey for a game or two, if not on a retro inspired alternate.

Yeah, a mix of these two would be ideal.

sfkxfsvkkklusgk94vgo.png9438_san_jose_sharks-alternate-1999.png

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

22 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

sfkxfsvkkklusgk94vgo.png9438_san_jose_sharks-alternate-1999.png

I really like the diamond logo.  If they insist on using orange for some reason, that’s a good use. 

The round logo just looks off to me.  Maybe it’s the white waves, or the unbalanced treatment with the fin so far to one side.  But it’s just not good. 

The Sharks first Edge jerseys were so much better than what they wear now.  If your going to use orange trim, embrace it.  Having the orange piping on just one side of the sleeve-stripe defies logic and taste.  It's like they couldn't decide on removing orange all-together and went with a lazy compromise.

iSUew1c.pngvTxFSMn.png

There were really only three things that needed to happen to this set.  The removal of the front numbers, the removal of the shoulder yokes and the implementation of the logo below as a shoulder patch.

22 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

sfkxfsvkkklusgk94vgo.png

On 2/16/2018 at 11:32 PM, njdevs7 said:

May be a small detail, but  that just doesn't look like the teeth of a shark at all. A shark's teeth are clearly separated. Does this bother anyone else?

transcoder.png?id=1y-cmupbljsmf-528hhs1r

this is like complaining they don't have glowing orange eyes. 

Archived