NHL 2017-18

Bmac

1 hour ago, AstroBull21 said:

True, but i dont see those two cities as overlapping as Hamilton is to Toronto.  

Yes, you're right, but theyre a little more distanced as individual cities. 

I don't think the issue is with Hamilton/Toronto, I think it's with Hamilton/Buffalo but that's been talked to death. I wasn't trying to go there. :) 

I was just making, what I thought was, a humorous observation pertaining to the similarities of the situation between Hamilton potentially getting a team and Seattle potentially (probably?) getting a team. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Roger Clemente said:

It's probably a result of the stadium lighting, but the Maple Leafs all white uniforms make them look like moving halogen light bulbs!

I was at a restaurant, and the game was on a TV a little ways from me, and it was near impossible to see the Leafs. I could see the Caps just fine, but every Leafs player disappeared into the ice...  

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

On 3/3/2018 at 10:28 PM, Roger Clemente said:

It's probably a result of the stadium lighting, but the Maple Leafs all white uniforms make them look like moving halogen light bulbs!

There were times where it looked like they were composited in with 1980s technology.

1*MdxRu9NsAQxsQ_rdRi51zg.jpeg

It's clear that this was about cramming as much white as possible into the Leafs' uniforms, rather than making them look good.

6 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

I was at a restaurant, and the game was on a TV a little ways from me, and it was near impossible to see the Leafs. I could see the Caps just fine, but every Leafs player disappeared into the ice...  

Was it like this for you?

DXXKCgiXUAA6laN.jpg:large

On 3/2/2018 at 10:04 AM, Chromatic said:

Vancouver-Seattle is like a much more friendly version of Edmonton-Calgary, though that may change since they're soon to be hockey rivals. I'm happy Seattle is getting a team (so long as they don't wear blue and green), the battle of cascadia, or whatever it ends up being called, should be a fun rivalry.

I'm fine with the Green and Blue for Seattle, Hence why they are called the Evergreen State. I can see more green and less blue, like Hartford for example. 

49 minutes ago, Fresno St. Alum said:

Wild are already green w/ red and a little yellow. I think we need a Purple team. If not Green w/ Sky Blue or Navy w/ Neon Green like the Seahawks

Purple is the LAST thing a Seattle NHL team needs in their brand.

15 hours ago, Cosmic said:

There were times where it looked like they were composited in with 1980s technology.

1*MdxRu9NsAQxsQ_rdRi51zg.jpeg

It's clear that this was about cramming as much white as possible into the Leafs' uniforms, rather than making them look good.

I mean if they had chosen the safe route & gone with blue pants/gloves then no one would be talking about the uniforms. 

Fans don't buy team breezers or gloves, so they aren't hurting sales by going with something over the top. Plus, from what I hear the all-white Pacific All-Star uniforms were a big hit with kids. If anything the buzz around these probably helped the jersey sales (rarely have I seen so much attention paid to outdoor game uniforms outside these boards before). 

Obviously a more traditional choice would have looked a bit better on TV, but these games are about trying something different (especially when the Leafs have played in 2 before).

Question, did the Stadium Series jerseys from both the Capitals and the Leafs this past weekend have elongated numbers? I think the caps (see what I did there? haha) had them, but did Toronto? It looked like they just had normal-sized numbers but I think I'm wrong cause the big stadium numbers are a part of the Stadium Series look now.

On 4/3/2018 at 10:28 AM, Ark said:

I wouldn't mind an identity inspired by this

g98gtsog4k7deexgpo81fi0vn.png

sonics.0.jpg

On 4/3/2018 at 9:30 PM, Fresno St. Alum said:

Wild are already green w/ red and a little yellow. I think we need a Purple team. If not Green w/ Sky Blue or Navy w/ Neon Green like the Seahawks

There is another thread about teams not using earth tone colours. The Sonics' late 90's scheme had a few earth tones in there. The Wild have mostly basic red and wheat. The Seattle team could easily use the orangey-brown as a primary accent colour with forest green.

12 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Question, did the Stadium Series jerseys from both the Capitals and the Leafs this past weekend have elongated numbers? I think the caps (see what I did there? haha) had them, but did Toronto? It looked like they just had normal-sized numbers but I think I'm wrong cause the big stadium numbers are a part of the Stadium Series look now.

I believe they were both using normal-sized numbers. The Caps’ may have looked larger than they usually do because they were single color.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

6 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

I believe they were both using normal-sized numbers. The Caps’ may have looked larger than they usually do because they were single color.

I'm not used to seeing Stadium Series jerseys with normal-sized numbers. Thanks!

On 2/17/2018 at 7:27 PM, SFGiants58 said:

I’m a Sharks fan, and I believe that they’ve never had a top-notch look. While I like the first jersey set and color scheme (while also maintaining a soft spot for the fin set), I’ve never liked any of their logos. They’re either too cartoony, too dull, or just off-putting.

I couldn’t have put it better myself. Fan since ‘91 and I love teal and Sharks is a great nickname but they’ve never really put the whole thing together. I’m sure more head scratching changes are in our future however. 

22 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

Does anyone know whether the Leafs will be wearing St Pats throwbacks this week?

Chris said on Twitter that they would not.

Edit:

Archived