NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, NoE38 said:

Those look great. The numbers look so much cleaner with the double outline and thinner lines.

If only the logo on the front wasn't so terrible.

On 3/2/2018 at 9:07 AM, Ice_Cap said:

Vancouver’s backyard is totes cool though ;) 

Hamilton to Toronto is about 70km. 

Seattle to Vancouver is 230km and an international border. It's not really the same. Plus, Canucks' ownership wants a natural geographic rival. 

12 hours ago, illini1 said:

Does anyone know why the Blues are wearing white jerseys at home tonight?

Update: Apparently just because they want to. https://www.nhl.com/blues/news/blues-to-wear-road-white-jerseys-at-home/c-296882502 

Also works because Rangers only had a one game road trip, and didn't have to pack two sets of equipment. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

3 hours ago, DiePerske said:

Also works because Rangers only had a one game road trip, and didn't have to pack two sets of equipment. 

Yeah... it's not unheard of for teams to do this (I think it's normally late in the season), but the catch is they have to find a willing partner.

1 minute ago, Cosmic said:

Yeah... it's not unheard of for teams to do this (I think it's normally late in the season), but the catch is they have to find a willing partner.

I remember the sabres did it all the time for the leafs, when they still had a white third jersey they wanted to wear at home.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

It really feels like they're rolling those out as new logos as gradually as possible for some reason. The current usage doesn't make any sense, they don't function as 'alternate logos' when they look entirely different in style than the primary logos. 

spacer.png

If those are going to replace the current logos, I'm all for it if it means that the orange will be relegated to just the shark's eye.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

11 minutes ago, CRichardson said:

If those are going to replace the current logos, I'm all for it if it means that the orange will be relegated to just the shark's eye.

But the orange isn’t meant to be anything more than that really. Maybe they incorporate it into the uniforms some how.

Im also all for it if they change their uniforms and logos to this set. The logos are nice! 

I could see the Sharks going with an alternate based on that warm up.  Always thought that logo made more sense on the front of the jersey instead of just being on the shoulders.  I wouldn't switch it for the current logo, though.  At the same time, they should switch both sets of shoulder logos to the updated fin or a version of it.  

Archived