NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a fan of Edmonton wearing orange simply because every Canadian team wears red or blue. It adds some contrast and distinction for Edmonton.

Now if only the Sens would follow suit and drop their EDGE template by wearing black again.

Those orange Oilers jerseys are butt. The only reason they made the decision was because they were selling well (because every new jersey sells pretty good) and it looks cooler to have a playoff crowd decked out in orange than in varying shades of blue.

But there's really no reason to not be wearing the Gretzky uniforms. If they should do anything it should be taking the blue jerseys and reducing the orange. Remove the orange cuffs, and flip the numbers so they're white with orange outlines. Problem solved. Thanks. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

But then you'll get something even more similar to the Islanders. I'm not one of those people that think every team has to be completely different from one another, but that's seriously going into Maple Leafs/Lightning territory.

I freaking LOVE the Oil in Orange.  But I have an unhealthy obsession with Orange, so take that with a grain of salt.   

Interested to see the Wild's new Green jerseys. The respected beat reporter here in MPLS said they are kind of like the Stadium Series jerseys, with the "bear" logo in front.  Wish I had the actual quote to attribute.  But I definitely remember that being said. 

27 minutes ago, tajmccall said:

I freaking LOVE the Oil in Orange.  But I have an unhealthy obsession with Orange, so take that with a grain of salt.   

Interested to see the Wild's new Green jerseys. The respected beat reporter here in MPLS said they are kind of like the Stadium Series jerseys, with the "bear" logo in front.  Wish I had the actual quote to attribute.  But I definitely remember that being said. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

3 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

But then you'll get something even more similar to the Islanders. I'm not one of those people that think every team has to be completely different from one another, but that's seriously going into Maple Leafs/Lightning territory.

As long as the Oilers retain the orange yoke and use the offset outlines on the numbers the two teams have enough differences in striping to avoid inviting comparisons in the way the Leafs and Lightning get. 

All I'm really calling for is a true inverse of the Oilers white jerseys, but with an orange yoke. I haven't seen anybody declare that these uniforms are too similar. 

9700153-jeff-carter-john-tavares-nhl-new-york-islanders-los-angeles-kings-850x560.jpg.ce6b7307aad19528d9795936881d62b0.jpgconnor_mcdavid_edmonton_040916.jpg.1a33c3de1941322b70543a5f988d485d.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

45 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

As long as the Oilers retain the orange yoke and use the offset outlines on the numbers the two teams have enough differences in striping to avoid inviting comparisons in the way the Leafs and Lightning get. 

All I'm really calling for is a true inverse of the Oilers white jerseys, but with an orange yoke. I haven't seen anybody declare that these uniforms are too similar. 

basically this: 

5910cdc05630d_oilersfix.thumb.jpg.4a0f4ee5467da8fd040420ecc44c159f.jpg

New left. Actual photo is on the right. I don't think that looks like the Islanders anymore than they do currently. 

*waits for someone to say they like it the way it is. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Would have to see other teams' hats for an idea on how their stripes are - if they're anything like their jersey stripes either. Also, if that pattern in the gray is the hat or tied to the rumored pattern on Vegas's jersey. 

Yea agreed. It could mirror the striping or it could just be the colors, we don't know yet. If it does mirror the striping, it reminds me of the Sharks jerseys where they only use orange on one side of the stripe. Maybe Vegas is doing the same with a red stripe.

Doesn't matter that the Oilers lot in blue and orange as well as winning in blue in orange. Flags fly forever; no one's immortalizing the time the Oilers drafted first overall but still finished last.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

15 minutes ago, bowld said:

Getting some serious Canucks 90s vibes from those colors and striping. 

That's what I was thinking too. It's a shame that the slate/charcoal/whatever-the-hell kind of gray is the main color. Black/gold/red would be great.

58 minutes ago, Toronto206 said:

IMG_2520.thumb.PNG.b7f3990c3bb1dcdde514baa153ffcc28.PNG

"Hmm. We want to stand out in the Pacific Division from our nearest rivals, what colors do they all have?"

"Black."

"Ok, so we'll definitely want black involved. You know, fbs. What else you got?"

"Well, Anaheim also has gold."

"Well we gotta have gold! We're the Golden Knights after all! VEGAS BABY! ....But not too much gold I hope?"

"No, no, it'll be secondary."

"Good, good. What should we have for a primary then?"

"Black!"

"Well no, we want that to be fbs."

"Oh, right. Right."

"We do need something dull though. Like duller than dull."

"Like, grey?"

"Grey could work but only if we went darker. You know, to compliment the black."

"Ok..."

"Dark grey mixed with teal! Nobody uses teal anymore!"

"Well San Jos-"

"And a splash of Red!"

"Red? Sir, I-"

"We've got it! Dark Teal-Grey, Gold, Black, and Red."

"I don't even think Teal-Grey is a col-"

"Nevermind that, we'll call it 'Slate'. 'Cause that sounds coool." *Lights cigarette* "Vegas, baby."

spacer.png

Archived