NHL 2017-18

Bmac

4 minutes ago, DustDevil61 said:

For all their faults in establishing their branding (Las Vegas Golden Knights and an underwhelming logo set), I really like the idea of a primarily slate gray uniform with heavy doses of gold. I could set them apart depending on how they utilize their colors.

They're going to wear black, they're going to wear red and they're going to wear gold. We know all of that and those colors (black and red especially) are pretty well worn territory in the NHL. Dark charcoal gray, which I believe the kids like to refer to as "anthracite" because Nike told them to, would be theirs and theirs alone and I think it would look pretty sharp. 

The gray in their official logo looks like it has some blue in it. I wouldn't mind if the fabric color is a schoche on the blue side, close to what the Seahawks used 03-11.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

They're going to wear black, they're going to wear red and they're going to wear gold. We know all of that and those colors (black and red especially) are pretty well worn territory in the NHL. Dark charcoal gray, which I believe the kids like to refer to as "anthracite" because Nike told them to, would be theirs and theirs alone and I think it would look pretty sharp. 

The gray in their official logo looks like it has some blue in it. I wouldn't mind if the fabric color is a schoche on the blue side, close to what the Seahawks used 03-11.

Agreed. Any form of gray is extremely under utilized in the NHL. Charcoal would be very sharp if used properly. 

sig.png

31 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

Agreed. Focusing on gray and gold (with minimal black and red trim) would do wonders for the Knights. I've long maintained that a slightly blueish gray (I call it slate gray) would be an excellent primary color for a team. As I've said below, Las Vegas wouldn't be the only NHL team that I'd like to see gray used on. Of course, I'd like the red more if it were more of a deep red-orange (not unlike that of the Oklahoma City Thunder) or a darker version of said red-orange, but even then I'd have it as a trim color (possibly as an alternate with the next-most utilized color being slate gray).

23 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Agreed. Any form of gray is extremely under utilized in the NHL. Charcoal would be very sharp if used properly. 

As a side note, I've long thought Carolina would look great using a darker gray (for both trim and an alternate), even though I've really grown on the Hurricanes' black alternates (that may have a lot to do with the blandification of the primary set, though).

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Stop making decent concepts for the Knights. All the concepts I've seen are too logical and nice for the Vegas team to actually consider. It makes the inevitable awful jersey they unveil even more upsetting.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

3 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

Another Avalanche charity event, another C Mountain logo.  The "A" is nowhere in sight in any Avs marketing or community event.

Zr6cSA8.jpg

Interestingly, the Av's are no longer selling hats with that logo on their official shop NHL site.

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

While I like the dark slate color for Vegas, I don't get how they can call themselves the Golden Knights and from all indications have slate/black being such a large part of their color pallete.

It's not even that I dislike the color pallete, it's just that I don't think it makes sense for a team dubbed the "Golden" Knights 

5 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

Another Avalanche charity event, another C Mountain logo.  The "A" is nowhere in sight in any Avs marketing or community event.

Zr6cSA8.jpg

It makes an excellent baseball logo. I just don't like it as much on a sweater. 

For a team that has a dynamic, movement-centric name and has had a dynamic movement-focused logo, a change to something as static as a mountain misses the point.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

1 minute ago, tohasbo said:

Need some help here guys.  Usually I am spot on with finding knock-off jerseys but I am unsure about these.  

http://www.officialoilersteamstore.com/

Can anyone confirm if these are good or not?  $37.99 seems like TOO GOOD a deal to pass up but at the same time I want to be very careful.

it is VERY well done, but fake.

Copyright 2015, no link to the oilers store even though it claims to be official

Also, NHL team stores cannot be online. there are ways around this, such as real sports and One buffalo, but never official team stores.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

1 minute ago, DiePerske said:

Copyright 2015, no link to the oilers store even though it claims to be official

Also, NHL team stores cannot be online. there are ways around this, such as real sports and One buffalo, but never official team stores.

The toll free phone number listed at the bottom has a Syracuse area code which is also an eyebrow raiser.

42 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

40 minutes ago, Gobbi said:

The toll free phone number listed at the bottom has a Syracuse area code which is also an eyebrow raiser.

That is what I thought.  Wanted to double check to see what y'all thought.

Thanks, guys!

56 minutes ago, insert name said:

They're called Golden Knights. I expect their jerseys to be GOLD and yet the hats make it look like a secondary color. 

Already confirmed jersey will be dark grey

Archived