NHL 2017-18

Bmac

17 hours ago, Howie_16 said:

Came across this picture tonight.  I get the feeling this change is more than just swapping out "Reebok" for "Adidas", although that will probably be the case for teams like Montreal and Chicago.

(Hoping that this is not a previously posted picture.  I haven't seen this in this thread yet,)

IMG_8541.PNG

Glad they're using my iceborn template in this picture 

💻linktr.ee/McElroy19 // ✍️ Graphic Design — Vegas Golden Knights. //✏️ Sports Logos and Uniforms
✨✨Let’s work together!! ✨✨

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 05/18/2017 at 11:32 PM, wildwing64 said:

At this point I'm willing to bet money on the Adidas switcheroo being nothing more than a rebrand of Reebok Edge. It hasn't really been that long since the Ducks switched to the current set but I don't know why else they'd wait a full season after Adidas takes over to change up their uniforms.

Random thought: 2018-19 is the Ducks' 25th Anniversary season. Now I'm wondering if their plan is to tie in with that.

10 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

I'm hoping they go navy at home and gold on the road. 

Nashville basically owns gold now, so I don't see that happening.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

37 minutes ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

And put the secondary logo on both shoulders. I hate it when teams have the logo on one shoulder only. It reminds me of someone wearing only one shoe. Or only one sock.

Yeah I agree. What the heck was this all about? 

012914_coyotes.jpg

Just looked unbalanced. It works in baseball because baseball's been doing that forever, but in hockey or football the secondary logo should be on both shoulders. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Isn't the Coyotes one shoulder look a carryover from the old Winnipeg Jets? They used to have Goals For Kids on one shoulder (nothing on other), which carried over to Phoenix (GFK one 1 side, alt on other). GFK is what's missing 

just like Canuck Place is now gone from Vancouver...

17 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

The term, to me, jumped the shark when it started getting applied to the Stars. 

It made sense when applied to the Lightning and Hurricanes, because those looks echoed previously established O6 identities.

It made no sense with Dallas, given that no other team (O6 or otherwise) was wearing kelly green and black. 

*Victory Green

But I guess I get what you mean. Tampa Bay is waaaay too simple, especially for a franchise that wasn't around before 1990.

I like the Stars look, but still waiting for a black 3rd. Don't know what's taking so long.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

8 minutes ago, 29texan said:

I like the Stars look, but still waiting for a black 3rd. Don't know what's taking so long.

Something akin to their early days in Dallas would be nice. But the Stars set is so good that I'm not sure they even need a third.

mTBXgML.png

4 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Yeah I agree. What the heck was this all about? 

012914_coyotes.jpg

Just looked unbalanced. It works in baseball because baseball's been doing that forever, but in hockey or football the secondary logo should be on both shoulders. 

This was the case but home/away jerseys now have patches on both shoulders

PliFJEmJ.jpgr22674_600x400_3-2.jpg

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

43 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Talk of the Ducks going orange reminds me again how they dropped the ball when they rebranded. They'd have a modern classic if this was their set:

The D foot does improve the set, but not by much. I feel that the main issue with this set was the uninspired use of colour. Too much black, the metallic gold blended with the white stripes on TV, and the orange is so minimal that it may as well not be there - and this is again in spite of them playing up Orange County and #PaintItOrange and all that jazz. The striping design is the only standout feature, and even then it's not interesting because the colour balance is about as safe and boring as it gets.

mTBXgML.png

4 minutes ago, wildwing64 said:

The D foot does improve the set, but not by much. I feel that the main issue with this set was the uninspired use of colour. Too much black, the metallic gold blended with the white stripes on TV, and the orange is so minimal that it may as well not be there - and this is again in spite of them playing up Orange County and #PaintItOrange and all that jazz. The striping design is the only standout feature and the colour balance is about as safe and boring as it gets.

I love how the striping design mirrors the logo. And looking again what I posted, the set is dynamic and evokes action and movement. Combine that with the ingenious Webbed D logo and this uniform would have aged very well. Alas...

9 minutes ago, jujubeans said:

That's a pretty strong word for a pretty mediocre logo.

The logo instantly evokes the team's nickname and is just as clearly a D. It's a really strong and clever mark. 

4 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

Talk of the Ducks going orange reminds me again how they dropped the ball when they rebranded. They'd have a modern classic if this was their set:

Ducks.png

Give the stripes the colour distribution of the current set, wrap the hem stripe all the way around and you've got the perfect Ducks identity.  The horizontal 'swoosh' was so much more effective than the wacky side panels and it tipped the hat to the Mighty Ducks years.

Archived