NHL 2017-18

Bmac

18 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

I love how the striping design mirrors the logo. And looking again what I posted, the set is dynamic and evokes action and movement. Combine that with the ingenious Webbed D logo and this uniform would have aged very well. Alas...

But paired with a primarily black and white colour scheme, it's still a generic black and white uniform. If NHL uniforms were superhero costumes then these were the equivalent of wearing a business suit instead.

15 hours ago, jujubeans said:

That's a pretty strong word for a pretty mediocre logo.

15 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

The logo instantly evokes the team's nickname and is just as clearly a D. It's a really strong and clever mark. 

The logo itself is OK. Not amazing by any means, but it's OK. It's a simple, clever design that's like a modern take on a more traditional hockey logo, and that much is what I like about it. But the bolded part is where I disagree and is my main problem.

Yes, we know it's a D in the shape of a duck's footprint, but that's only because it's been spelled out for us since day one. Without any context, it doesn't jump out at you and say "this team is the Ducks". Often I've been asked and then had to explain what it is, which is usually followed by the question of "Where's the duck?" I also distinctly remember the time a friend mistook it for a sideways Starfleet insignia. I feel this is in part because, unlike the Mighty Ducks logo which is modeled after the bill - albeit, a more cartoonish depiction of it - the D is based on a body part that isn't uniquely associated with ducks. It'd be like the Coyotes using the paw print as their main logo. Or the Sharks using a tooth as theirs.

Speaking of the Sharks...

16 hours ago, poser said:

Sharks are looking for feedback on the new 3rd

https://sharks.turnkeysurveyor.com/se/582A9E94659ADDBF

Is this a first or has any other team done a survey like this before?

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

some surprises in there.  Boston, Dallas and Florida.   

Just glad to see Colorado is on the list. 

I'm excited to see what the Jackets come up with. As well as Colorado and Calgary.

I'm nervous what changes might be made for Boston.  I can't think of a minor change that's really necessary or called for.  The number font has never bothered me but a change to that won't either.  They've probably had their best look since the Edge switch.  Hoping it is really minor and not something big.

Ottawa "O" logo isn't bad, but It would be great if Senators will finally use and promote their alternate logo to the primary.

BTW, How stupid you must be when you've got logo like this and completely wasting it?

4r2eer.png

1 hour ago, CreamSoda said:

I hope you like that third jersey then.

...Mind you, apparently none of the teams are getting a new primary logo, so maybe the Avs aren't promoting the thirds after all.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

1 minute ago, wildwing64 said:

I hope you like that third jersey then.

...Mind you, apparently none of the teams are getting a new primary logo, so maybe the Avs aren't promoting the thirds after all.

Yeah I don't see how they could if there isn't a new primary logo.   I would love this though:

IMG_7535.PNG

1 hour ago, CreamSoda said:

so

10 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

Yeah I don't see how they could if there isn't a new primary logo.   I would love this though:

IMG_7535.PNG

I found it odd, too, that the Avs may not be changing logos, as all the talk was the alternate logo will be the primary.  With that said, that ^^^ is solid.  

Hopefully Buffalo also takes the front numbers off their jersey.  Those are really dated.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'm disappointed that the Sharks won't be making substantial changes. New uniforms (with the new logos) could be a visual sign of a new culture within the organization, bringing vitality back to a stagnant and complacent team. However, like in all matters San Jose Sharks-related, stagnation wins.

This team has less flexibility than Joe Thornton's lower body.

19 minutes ago, ColeJ said:

Ugh. Was buying an authentic victory green sweater a bad idea?

What changes could we possibly make?

I fear for you but I think it may just be a change to the name and numbers. I feel it is a wildly popular look. 

For Bruins, I hope the change is very simply to move the stripes to the hem at the bottom of the jersey again, just as they had in the 70s and 80s.

Bruins25.png

My wish would be to return to the design they wore from the mid 70s to the mid 90s.

Bruins35.png

My main gripe with the Edge design is the big swath of black or white material below the bottom stripe.

Bruins49.png

Archived