NHL 2017-18

Bmac

27 minutes ago, Wally1912 said:

For Bruins, I hope the change is very simply to move the stripes to the hem at the bottom of the jersey again, just as they had in the 70s and 80s.

Bruins25.png

My wish would be to return to the design they wore from the mid 70s to the mid 90s.

Bruins35.png

My main gripe with the Edge design is the big swath of black or white material below the bottom stripe.

Bruins49.png

I can understand those sentiments, but the 80s/early 90s set was so unbalanced with the gold socks.  And when the Edge unis first came out I didn't like the space at the bottom of the hems either, but it grew on me real fast and it doesn't bother me the least.  I really feel they look the best they have in my lifetime.   A fairly modern look for an O6 team that doesn't look dated in any way. 

Now that this sort of thing is paid more attention to, I feel if they were to make any sweeping changes they'd try to make themselves stand further apart from Pittsburgh, now that they've gone retro.  In all honesty, if they ever do change I'd like to see something new, but hesitate because i don't think it could be as good as what they have now.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

Oh Edmonton, you had it right and then you have to go and change it.

Orange home and now Navy over royal blue... ugh

One step forward and ten steps backward.

29 minutes ago, B-mer said:

I can understand those sentiments, but the 80s/early 90s set was so unbalanced with the gold socks.  And when the Edge unis first came out I didn't like the space at the bottom of the hems either, but it grew on me real fast and it doesn't bother me the least.  I really feel they look the best they have in my lifetime.   A fairly modern look for an O6 team that doesn't look dated in any way. 

Now that this sort of thing is paid more attention to, I feel if they were to make any sweeping changes they'd try to make themselves stand further apart from Pittsburgh, now that they've gone retro.  In all honesty, if they ever do change I'd like to see something new, but hesitate because i don't think it could be as good as what they have now.

Honestly, I cant think of any jersey in their history that is better than the current Bruins set now.

Also, hopefully the sabres ditch silver, return to royal. I can live with front numbers, but wouldnt be sad if they left.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

56 minutes ago, Wally1912 said:

For Bruins, I hope the change is very simply to move the stripes to the hem at the bottom of the jersey again, just as they had in the 70s and 80s.

Bruins25.png

My wish would be to return to the design they wore from the mid 70s to the mid 90s.

Bruins35.png

My main gripe with the Edge design is the big swath of black or white material below the bottom stripe.

Bruins49.png

I sorely miss the gold B crest on the blacks and even the white pants striping. Overall, I totally agree regarding the '70's-'90's sets. When the Bruins changed their uniforms to the Winnie the Pooh set when they first moved into the TD Garden(then the Fleet Center), it's like as if Jacobs and Sinden gave the iconic Boston Garden the middle finger.

3 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

Yeah I don't see how they could if there isn't a new primary logo.   I would love this though:

IMG_7535.PNG

*censored* that's beautiful.

Not sure if it's a credit to the jersey, or how long we've been looking at hot garbage Avs unis.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

1 hour ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

*censored* that's beautiful.

Not sure if it's a credit to the jersey, or how long we've been looking at hot garbage Avs unis.

Ha, thanks.

For me it fixes a lot of the flaws in the third sweater:  

• It lightens the red so the whole uniform isn't so dark.  
  • It adds in the far superior A logo.  
  • Fixes the numbers to include silver and tie in that color better.  
  • It adds the far superior foot/yeti shoulder logo back AND to both sides to balance the sweater.

8 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

Ha, thanks.

For me it fixes a lot of the flaws in the third sweater:  

• It lightens the red so the whole uniform isn't so dark.  
  • It adds in the far superior A logo.  
  • Fixes the numbers to include silver and tie in that color better.  
  • It adds the far superior foot/yeti shoulder logo back AND to both sides to balance the sweater.

I agree.  I remember when these were made on here.  The A logo, since it has more white, balances out the jersey so much better as a whole, aside from being just better.  The silver is such a great touch on the numbers.  This would be a satisfying new uniform, i guess as long as a white version matched up well. 

5 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

So..... Orange & Navy for the Oilers? I didn't know they were the Islanders. 

I'd welcome one of the orange and royal blue teams wearing navy blue instead, but I'd pick the Islanders out of those two teams and leave the Oilers as is. 

I always liked these Islanders uniforms

73726860.thumb.jpg.ce73054ef882fe832315691563bb515f.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

4 minutes ago, B-mer said:

I agree.  I remember when these were made on here.  The A logo, since it has more white, balances out the jersey so much better as a whole, aside from being just better.  The silver is such a great touch on the numbers.  This would be a satisfying new uniform, i guess as long as a white version matched up well. 

Thanks and it really would be a satisfying new uniform for them.  BUT, knowing this team's design choices lately, I am truly expecting the worst.  IE, removing the piping but adding in other Adidas quirks.  Keeping the lack of stripes to separate the burgundy and blue.  

31 minutes ago, Mingjai said:

I'd like to see this as the Bruins away (with black helmets):

JJJ0499.jpg

And a white alternate based on this look:

BUCYK-JOHN.jpg

I wouldn't... The Bruins have one of the best road jerseys in the league, even with the large sleeve cuff...

I wouldn't mind if they removed the shoulder patches though. Even though I like them, they clutter up the classic look Boston has going on... 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Archived