NHL 2017-18

Bmac

12 minutes ago, Danny said:

K6yN3H2.jpgBIAmgSu.jpg

I never realized the Oilers wore plain blue pants with those jerseys at any point. In the playoffs this year they wore their regular striped pants with the orange jersey. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

I never realized the Oilers wore plain blue pants with those jerseys at any point. In the playoffs this year they wore their regular striped pants with the orange jersey. 

Neither did I and I watch every game, heh. They dropped the plain pants after last season.

From the Yahoo Sports article on the subject. "The Devils have been one of the most intriguing names on this list, and Creamer punted on offering details because he knows too much. Everything we’ve heard was that the logo is safe, the colors are still black and red, and that the biggest change might be the black “belt” coming off the bottom part of the sweater." If this is true what a terrible change for change sake move. 

IMG_0005.jpg.3ad6b608a1b222bebe66f6457a16c9bc.jpg

2 minutes ago, Chico said:

From the Yahoo Sports article on the subject. "The Devils have been one of the most intriguing names on this list, and Creamer punted on offering details because he knows too much. Everything we’ve heard was that the logo is safe, the colors are still black and red, and that the biggest change might be the black “belt” coming off the bottom part of the sweater." If this is true what a terrible change for change sake move. 

Ugh!  Hemstripes look good, stop removing them!

4 minutes ago, C's said:

The Bruins' current home/away set is flawless, I really hope that these rumored 'changes' only involve an alternate of some sort.

No alternates next year so likely not. I hope it's just a different cut changing the yoke or something slightly and that being it.

Kind of happy the Oilers are switching to Navy. It complements the orange better and I've always felt Royal and Orange clash when put together. I guess that's why I always would get a headache looking at the Blue 80s jersey. Too much competition between the two colours or something like that. 

1 hour ago, MEANS said:

The Islanders blue is lighter than the current blue used by the Oilers. 

I'm talking about this: 

30yashin.1_600x348.jpg

I know the Islanders use a lighter blue, but a Orange dominate jersey with Navy as the secondary was 1st done by the Islanders & it looked terrible. The idea works on paper.... but I feel the balance is off & it won't work for the Oilers. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

My Dallas prediction (not a wish, but a prediction):

Different font, maybe same font with outlines.

A road jersey more in line with the home jersey? No yoke?

Death of the tie-up collar.

Worst case realistic scenario:

Roundel to main crest, more black usage, outlined font.

I'd love to just see green helmets at home instead of black...... Take us closer to green and black rangers than green Blackhawks... But that wouldn't count as a redesign would it?!

1 hour ago, KittSmith_95 said:

I'm talking about this: 

30yashin.1_600x348.jpg

I know the Islanders use a lighter blue, but a Orange dominate jersey with Navy as the secondary was 1st done by the Islanders & it looked terrible. The idea works on paper.... but I feel the balance is off & it won't work for the Oilers. 

This is still the best alternative uniform the Islanders ever had. 

XM4KeeA.png

I don't mind them, but I feel like the Adidas designers probably twitch when they see how busy the Bruins' names/numbers are. That's a lot of outlines for those tiny names. I don't think it looks great, but I do like that it's a recognizable Bruins thing.

The Sabres don't have the best decision-making record, on or off the ice, in the last ten years or so. I'm extremely nervous. The current jerseys are far from perfect, but they're not embarrassing.

2 hours ago, Prince Harry said:

Kind of happy the Oilers are switching to Navy. It complements the orange better and I've always felt Royal and Orange clash when put together. I guess that's why I always would get a headache looking at the Blue 80s jersey. Too much competition between the two colours or something like that. 

When did this become official? I thought they were just switching to the orange jersey. Just the whites would change a little(orange yolks or something). I was bitching about my Oilers shirts being navy. Or the logo on my orange hat/shirts looking more navy than royal, kind of a tweener.

Archived