NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^One of you missed the joke... 

I think the Orange and Navy look for the Oilers will work better than it did the Islanders Alt. Mostly because (and I'm assuming) the Oilers are going to wear orange socks, and not navy like Islanders did.

GettyImages-2918437.0.0.jpg

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

The Oilers are probably gonna have a pseudo-throwback, a nod to the WHA look with modern twists. With the color change officially announced, they gotta have a matching road. I can't see them using 2 different blues.

For whatever it's worth, I called up the Blue Jackets team shop after I saw this story yestertday morning and asked if they're expecting any major changes....the only answer I got was that "they would look like the originals". Not sure if they meant the inaugural jerseys, or the current ones.

If so...I wonder if they'll look something like this:

CBJFULL4_zpspakzyh8d.png

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

16 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

I'm talking about this: 

30yashin.1_600x348.jpg

I know the Islanders use a lighter blue, but a Orange dominate jersey with Navy as the secondary was 1st done by the Islanders & it looked terrible. The idea works on paper.... but I feel the balance is off & it won't work for the Oilers. 

First off I'll go by saying I liked the Isles having an orange alt and quite frankly if they left the side striping thing out those probably would've stood the test of time more. But again, the side striping thing throws it down a bit. A color swap alt would be kind of cool.

But on the other hand, although I'd rather see the Oilers stick to what they've got with royal primary and bring back the orange as an alt in 2018-19, the orange primary and navy secondary's looked good for the Syracuse women's team so I can see it working for the Oilers' jerseys more than the Isles' old alts.

Cuse_Ice.0.jpg

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

2 hours ago, Lights Out said:

As far as the Bruins are concerned, I know I'm probably the only one, but I'd love to see these make a comeback:

XPwjmCW.jpg

JkebVuX.jpg

Just fix the sock stripes to match the sweaters and it's the best they've ever looked, IMO.

I think you're right... you are the only one.

11 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

^^One of you missed the joke... 

I think the Orange and Navy look for the Oilers will work better than it did the Islanders Alt. Mostly because (and I'm assuming) the Oilers are going to wear orange socks, and not navy like Islanders did.

GettyImages-2918437.0.0.jpg

What was going on with these? Was their any meaning behind the spikes shooting in the general area of the player's crotch?

4 hours ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

For whatever it's worth, I called up the Blue Jackets team shop after I saw this story yestertday morning and asked if they're expecting any major changes....the only answer I got was that "they would look like the originals". Not sure if they meant the inaugural jerseys, or the current ones.

If so...I wonder if they'll look something like this:

CBJFULL4_zpspakzyh8d.png

That looks good, but I don't like the socks stripes not matching the hem stripes. I'm open to a lot of possibilities so long as it's not a full adoption of the alternate uniforms with matching road, but we've already heard that's not happening. Sticking with blue red and white with the flag logo is the way to go. 

I think I'd like it if they went with blue pants with the regular uniforms

CzmjpkfXgAAjwkT.jpgCzmjudAWEAA7Eqf.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

3 hours ago, Lights Out said:

As far as the Bruins are concerned, I know I'm probably the only one, but I'd love to see these make a comeback:

XPwjmCW.jpg

JkebVuX.jpg

Just fix the sock stripes to match the sweaters and it's the best they've ever looked, IMO.

This era had the best version of the Bruins logo. 

XM4KeeA.png

16 minutes ago, bowld said:

Sabres removing all silver and ditching Navy blue. Going back to Royal so I guess Buffalo and Edmonton are trading shades of blue

Where did you hear about the Sabres?

20 minutes ago, bowld said:

Sabres removing all silver and ditching Navy blue. Going back to Royal so I guess Buffalo and Edmonton are trading shades of blue

If true, it's a good change.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, bowld said:

One of the Sabres insiders posted the info on twitter

According to the HFboards Sabres section, the "insiders" are some radio jockeys who people didn't even know where on the air still.

I am not counting that as a trusted source.

Archived