NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cosmic said:

Yeah, it was all over...

s-l225.jpg

I actually wore this exact jersey for the first two periods of a game because I forgot my white one at home. My teammate had this one in his bag for a practice jersey and since my team used this generic striping pattern the refs OK'd me to use it while my parents went and got the real jersey.

The fact that (I believe) different people in this thread have called that 90s Sabres template "generic" and "click and fill" in this thread when I'm not aware of any other professional, college, or major junior team using it speaks to how popular it was for kids' teams and beer leagues.

Edit: If there are pictures handy, I'd love to see what other teams did with it.

2 hours ago, Cosmic said:

The fact that (I believe) different people in this thread have called that 90s Sabres template "generic" and "click and fill" in this thread when I'm not aware of any other professional, college, or major junior team using it speaks to how popular it was for kids' teams and beer leagues.

Edit: If there are pictures handy, I'd love to see what other teams did with it.

The last time I saw it in use was on the San Francisco Bulls

sivak_at_hp_game.jpg8140601374_fb5e6fa681_b.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

2 hours ago, Cosmic said:

San Antonio Rampage had the 90's Sabres template well into the 2000's

Rampage_Authentic_Home_Jersey-2318_14726

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

On 5/31/2017 at 9:40 PM, hockey week said:

the biggest legacy of the goathead has to be that every youth team on the east coast used that template at one time or another. You could play a full schedule of seeing the same template over and over and over.

Before that, it was the Mighty Ducks template and after was the original Preds, but I don't think either ever matched the saturation of the Sabres template.

10 hours ago, Cosmic said:

All the Sabres need to do is make the small tweaks that teams like the Leafs (from the mid-60s logo to the current) and the Bruins have done. The concept and the proportions of the original logo are perfect. The face of the buffalo is a little wonky, and it probably wouldn't hurt to lose the Terminator eye. Most concepts seem to be overthinking it. The swords are bigger and jutting out of the circle... why? Could you not see them before? Then the buffalo is still stuck in the circle, and it makes it look like a baby bison next to the giant swords. They're almost 50 years old; it's okay for them to have a more classic look.

Of course, I'm a biased fan.

The current Sabres logo has upgraded sword handles (you can compare the two here and here). Besides the Terminor eye as mentionned, they kept the Bison and the swoshes the same and only chose to outline everything (which was a bad move). So now, imo, a minor facelift to the animal, minus all the outlines is one of the final adjustments needed to fix the Sabres logo. Then they need to decide between navy or royal blue, and then if it's the right choice the logo is perfect.

2 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

The current Sabres logo has upgraded sword handles (you can compare the two here and here). Besides the Terminor eye as mentionned, they kept the Bison and the swoshes the same and only chose to outline everything (which was a bad move). So now, imo, a minor facelift to the animal, minus all the outlines is one of the final adjustments needed to fix the Sabres logo. Then they need to decide between navy or royal blue, and then if it's the right choice the logo is perfect.

A thicker yellow circle as well, which I think is an upgrade personally. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

10 hours ago, Cosmic said:

tbirdsalt.jpg

This is rather interesting...

All of the sweaters have a tail stripes, there is a new pants design, AND the guy on the far right has an Adidas looking collar on his sweater...

This might mean nothing, but adding tail stripes would certainly improve the Kings look.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

26 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

This is rather interesting...

All of the sweaters have a tail stripes, there is a new pants design, AND the guy on the far right has an Adidas looking collar on his sweater...

This might mean nothing, but adding tail stripes would certainly improve the Kings look.

Yup. The Kings are a few tweaks from having a really solid set. In that photo, it looks like the white jersey has a white stripe with silver/grey borders. It's currently a black stripe if I'm not mistaken. 

sig.png

On 2017-06-01 at 7:53 AM, McCarthy said:

LOL. You are so right about this. What the Denver Broncos template was to youth and high school football a the time so was the Sabres template to the youth and amateur hockey. 

It really was everywhere and in every possible color scheme. 

The entire minor hockey system plus the senior team in my town wore the Sabres template when I was little. The Jr. B team wore the Stars template, because we were the coolest town in early 2000s northern Alberta ?

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Archived