NHL 2017-18

Bmac

3 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

This is rather interesting...

All of the sweaters have a tail stripes, there is a new pants design, AND the guy on the far right has an Adidas looking collar on his sweater...

This might mean nothing, but adding tail stripes would certainly improve the Kings look.

What's so sad is that those minor tweaks is all it would take to make a good looking sweater. Kings can't go a little farther to look good.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

All of the sweaters have a tail stripes, there is a new pants design, AND the guy on the far right has an Adidas looking collar on his sweater...

This might mean nothing, but adding tail stripes would certainly improve the Kings look.

You wonder if adding a stripe like that would be so subtle that it would have skipped past that rumored list.

Please.  Pretty please.

VmWIn6B.png

5 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

They should have added proper hem stripes when they introduced the white version which would greatly improve the look.  However, I wouldn't think much of it considering that the mascot's jersey has the wrong color hem stripe.  Maybe it's just the artist getting some of the details incorrect.

I genuinely think that the Kings don't realize that there are differences between the two jerseys. I've pointed this issue out to numerous Kings fans, and they had no idea. I'm willing to bet that the illustrator has no idea his drawing is inaccurate

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Sorry for the cheap plug but the most important fix the Kings need to make is reversing black and white on the home jersey logo.  A primarily black logo on a black jersey just isn't working.  If they did that and added the hem stripes, they'd have a great look.

9QAvyxp.png

So I'm watching the Cup Final, and obviously the first thing you notice is the gold brand and marketing in Nashville. With Nashville, and Pitssburgh returning to gold- bear with me- maybe Boston is trying to capitalize on this by making a yellow road jersey, since they were one of the original teams to use gold. The more I think about it, seems like a stretch. But possibility?

2 minutes ago, Toronto206 said:

So I'm watching the Cup Final, and obviously the first thing you notice is the gold brand and marketing in Nashville. With Nashville, and Pitssburgh returning to gold- bear with me- maybe Boston is trying to capitalize on this by making a yellow road jersey, since they were one of the original teams to use gold. The more I think about it, seems like a stretch. But possibility?

Yeah, why aren't these their alternatives? It's so good! Just replace the logo with the Modern B but it's still good either way.

the_best_nhl_winter_classic_jerseys.jpg

XM4KeeA.png

On 2017-6-1 at 10:12 PM, Morgo said:

This argument would be solid if they had won a championship during this period or had a compelling identity to start with.  Sure the logo spelled out "Buffalo Sabres" but that's about the only thing the so called classic identity had going for it.  Besides the uniforms being nothing more than a quick Maple Leafs recolor, the logo is just so poorly rendered and it boggles my mind that the team thought outlining everything in silver was the solution.  Especially when John Slabyk created a handful logos that trump the the original in every way. 

c0yCrtz.jpg

Class. I'd even drop the silver to make it look a little less cartoony.

buf.jpg

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

7 hours ago, M4One said:

They should have added proper hem stripes when they introduced the white version which would greatly improve the look.  However, I wouldn't think much of it considering that the mascot's jersey has the wrong color hem stripe.  Maybe it's just the artist getting some of the details incorrect.

5 hours ago, hockey week said:

I genuinely think that the Kings don't realize that there are differences between the two jerseys. I've pointed this issue out to numerous Kings fans, and they had no idea. I'm willing to bet that the illustrator has no idea his drawing is inaccurate

The weirdest part of this illustration of the Kings is that the illustrator included an Adidas collar...

Minnesota%20Wild%202016%20Stadium%20Seri

This is the best picture of an Adidas collar I could find...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

I agree. If you're someone who doesn't think the Senators should embrace the Roman imagery (a defensible stance, but not mine), you should get behind the Peace Tower as defining imagery for the Ottawa Senators. It's a lot more persuasive than Times New Roman O.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, TorinK92 said:

The Sens sent these out last week.

Seems possible that the white heritage will come back for at least one game next year.

DBWDKWCXsAA9w8R.jpg

with "our" luck it would be something like turn ahead the clock.  

so long and thanks for all the fish.

On 6/3/2017 at 5:01 PM, Morgo said:

Sorry for the cheap plug but the most important fix the Kings need to make is reversing black and white on the home jersey logo.  A primarily black logo on a black jersey just isn't working.  If they did that and added the hem stripes, they'd have a great look.

9QAvyxp.png

Take the classic crown out of the 90's Chevy logo and put it on the front of the jersey would be perfect. 

242.gif.cf.gif

Don't want to rain on the parade but this could just be an artist told to make a poster of kings players and the ,as of so they rid a tad bit of research and got a basis of the design, and made a basic collar. It's not like it's a promo thing, it's a drawing for a reading competition....

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

Archived