Baltimore Ravens Logo Concept

scottyeagle

I never liked the Ravens' current logo.  In addition to being ornithologically incorrect, it has always struck me as comically aggressive and cartoony in the way only a late 90s-early 2000s logo can, failing to capture the moroseness, gloom and majesty the raven ought to convey for this identity.  And to that I say, nevermore!

6kjLLzC.png

With this new mark, I wanted to get away from the bird side profile that gets used so much in sports.  Instead, I opted for a stronger monogram of a B and an R combined in an Old English font, something that would look traditional and would fit in with an Edgar Allan Poe sort of theme, whose poem "The Raven" is the team's namesake.  As a matter of fact, I believe I could easily find such a mark in many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore. 

I also created an alternative mockup that emphasizes red over gold, as I think that would look more menacing and build on the horror theme: 

niULS7X.png

Now, I hope some C&C comes a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. 

The purple and red reminds me of the Raptors older uniforms, so I find the purple and gold works best here. If you used that not only as a secondary but as the B on a cleaned up raven (Like their current main logo) that would look pretty nice.

I9SoMSI.png

29308567630_9f30c1e63c_o.png

chi2.png

40136204761_246372f921_c.jpg 

Archived