The updated UCI one is good...

I like the vast majority of these. They somewhat remind me of Zephyr Hat's old X-line collection, which is a good thing...Zephyr made a lot of money off of a few of those (Syracuse, Michigan, et al). 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With all the talk about USF's new academic logo I started looking at their old athletic logos. There was not much to see. So I decided to take on the task of creating one. The "bulls" were originally the "Golden Brahmans". A Brahman or Brahma is a breed of cattle that originated in India so they do well in the hot, humid Florida environment. So southern and central Florida have a lot of them. They are very distinct looking with long ears, shorter horns, and a menacing/pissed off look on their face. So here is my USF Golden Brahman:

spacer.png

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

On 3/14/2019 at 9:43 AM, WSU151 said:

The updated UCI one is good...

I like the vast majority of these. They somewhat remind me of Zephyr Hat's old X-line collection, which is a good thing...Zephyr made a lot of money off of a few of those (Syracuse, Michigan, et al). 

Thanks! I think that those had a big, sub-conscious, effect on me. I only ever bought the Colorado one, but I saw the Mich one everywhere.

9 hours ago, MSO94 said:

Excelent work

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
4 hours ago, hettinger_rl said:

This one is not attached to a particular team, but is a vintage style of my own Sabretooth logo:

spacer.png    spacer.png

With a few modifications that top one could work well for the timberwolves

Excellent!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2019 at 3:39 PM, hettinger_rl said:

Used the layout of the pronghorn to make a White-tailed buck:

vintage_buck.png

Slapped the Milwaukee Bucks' colors on it just for fun.

I like this! That's pretty cool! If you were ever going to sell a design, you could probably sell this to Brew City Online. They make really cool Milwaukee shirts and hoodies.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

If you haven't done it already, would love to see Bucky and Albert:

spacer.pngspacer.png

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/11/2017 at 9:12 AM, hettinger_rl said:

I've already posted these in their own threads, but I've done quite a few Neo-Vintage styled logos:

VintageBama.pngVintageVT.pngVintageMountaineer.pngVintageUCI.pngVintageCoyote.pngVintageCoyoteHead.pngVintageJack.pngVintageJackHead.pngVintageWalleye.png

And already updated some:

JackGIF.gif

VintageJack1.pngVintageJackHead1.png

Came back and took a fresh pass on my Neo Vintage Jack from 2016.

spacer.png

Archived