NHL by Adidas - Predictions and Wish List (Final teams added! - MTL/BUF/VAN)

OhioSportsMan61

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Point1 I think you're cherrypicking a bit there, my Isles home was originally posted a while back in my alternate series. The whole set is also from my redefined series that can be found on my behance page. 

Anyways, next team is up...

24) Ottawa Senators

Prediction: promote their throwback alts and create a matching white (sans vintage white)

OTTFx_zpsrkekfovd.png

Wish List: This was posted in that Senators thread yesterday, but it's a nice idea that combines eras

OTTF_zpsvtflhtr9.png

Calgary and Vegas are next

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

Prefer your prediction for Ottawa. Although small detail I noticed that might be a mistake: the sock stripes on the white set are reversed from the jersey. 

I wonder though if they were to go this route if they'd change the vintage white to regular white on the home too. 

Excitied to to see the next ones!

1 hour ago, ldconcepts said:

I hope that prediction does NOT come true, but be replaced with a tweaked version of your wishlist.

Vegas? Excited.

What tweaks did you have in mind?

1 hour ago, B-mer said:

Prefer your prediction for Ottawa. Although small detail I noticed that might be a mistake: the sock stripes on the white set are reversed from the jersey. 

I wonder though if they were to go this route if they'd change the vintage white to regular white on the home too. 

Excitied to to see the next ones!

Oops! I'll fix that when I get a chance haha thanks for pointing it out. 

I may be wrong but I don't think the league allows an off-white color to be used full-time as a road/non-color jersey. 

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

2 hours ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

@Point1 I think you're cherrypicking a bit there, my Isles home was originally posted a while back in my alternate series. The whole set is also from my redefined series that can be found on my behance page. 

It's not like the Islanders currently use a very similar striping pattern on their alternate anyway. Avi's design is pretty clearly playing off of it.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

37 minutes ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Well, the O in the stripes is a good idea, but I don't think it works. Also, I'd like the chest stripe to go all the way around, and changing the font. A hem stripe like in your Sens Comp winning entry would also work well.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

3 hours ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Anyways, next team is up...

24) Ottawa Senators

Prediction: promote their throwback alts and create a matching white (sans vintage white)

OTTFx_zpsrkekfovd.png

Wish List: This was posted in that Senators thread yesterday, but it's a nice idea that combines eras

OTTF_zpsvtflhtr9.png

Calgary and Vegas are next

Love the Font!

1 hour ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Oops! I'll fix that when I get a chance haha thanks for pointing it out. 

I may be wrong but I don't think the league allows an off-white color to be used full-time as a road/non-color jersey. 

I was referring to the home jersey. If they are going with a pure white road version it'd be a little weird to have vintage white on the home. 

On 2/1/2017 at 11:30 AM, OhioSportsMan61 said:

23) New York Islanders

Prediction: Adidas will fix the gaudy arm striping

NYIFULLx_zpscxa2g1ve.png

Wish List: something a little newer, sets itself apart from past Islanders' sets

NYIFULL_zpslifkut8s.png

I was hoping for more fisherman and less constant reminder of "We won four Cups in a row!" all in all the Fishlanders look good.

Archived