Native American High School Logo

XenonDesigns

Over a year ago I posted this concept of a redesign for a local high school and I've never been completely satisfied with it, so I decided to make another version. I'm looking for some C&C on the line work and colors. This is my first time working with Inkscape on a mascot so I'm just trying to make sure everything looks the way it should. 

New Wamp Logo tbh.png

1random bhs ad1.png

2random bhs ad2.png

sigsgsg.png.dd2c63fee3388b4132af271cae3c34b5.png

I like this new version a lot. I went back and looked at the old one, and this is a huge upgrade. As far as this being your first mascot in inkscape, I think everything looks great. The line have good consistency, the gray shading is well placed, and the feathers are very well balanced. This is great work.

spacer.png

This is such an improvement. 3 things stick out at me:

1) The nostril is huge and it draws my eye's attention away from the amazing headdress. I seems very round for a side view of a face and it overlaps the upper lip (where a mustache would grow). Go with a more short-wide elliptical shape that stops at the bottom edge of the white part of the bottom of the nose.

2) The eye area. I can t put my finger on it, but the shape and shading doesn't feel natural to me. Too sharp and the lines are very straight where I would expect curves.

3) Think about a light grey skin tone rather than white. Maybe swap the skin color (grey) and the feather color (white).

1 hour ago, Whitefoot said:

This is such an improvement. 3 things stick out at me:

1) The nostril is huge and it draws my eye's attention away from the amazing headdress. I seems very round for a side view of a face and it overlaps the upper lip (where a mustache would grow). Go with a more short-wide elliptical shape that stops at the bottom edge of the white part of the bottom of the nose.

2) The eye area. I can t put my finger on it, but the shape and shading doesn't feel natural to me. Too sharp and the lines are very straight where I would expect curves.

3) Think about a light grey skin tone rather than white. Maybe swap the skin color (grey) and the feather color (white).

I agree with the first and the last. The nostril doesn't need to be there. It'd presumably be hidden by the nose itself from that view.

As far as skin tone, with the white skin and navy features, I almost get a black metal corpse paint look out of the face.

That said, everything else is on point.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

27 minutes ago, Broncoboy7 said:

Now that I get a closer look at it, the lips kind of make it look like a lady. Same with the eyes too. I'm not sure the best way to fix that would be, but see maybe if you could make that look more "manly". (No sexism intended here).

Not too sure how to fix the lips but I'll experiment a bit. As for the eyes I'm guessing the detail at the top makes it look like feminine eyelashes. I'll try to work around that too.

sigsgsg.png.dd2c63fee3388b4132af271cae3c34b5.png

1 minute ago, XenonDesigns said:

Not too sure how to fix the lips but I'll experiment a bit. As for the eyes I'm guessing the detail at the top makes it look like feminine eyelashes. I'll try to work around that too.

I'm thinking you could maybe try opening its mouth, making it yell. It seems to be the trend with these types of logo.

IMG_7365.PNG

IMG_7364.PNG

The new grey face with the shading looks great. Wow!

The "new" pointy part of the stroke where the nostril use to be needs to be moved down and left, so it is not pointing up. This will make the bottom of the nose more horizontal (I'd go with a slight negative slope {algebra} there rather then horizontal), and the upper lip closer to vertical (not vertical though). I hope you can understand what I mean.

Archived