hawkfan13

Hi All,

My name is Brandon Johnson, otherwise known as hawkfan13 on here and I have decided to take up the challenge of redesigning all 32 team logos in the MLB. So far I have 2 done, the Brewers and the Dodgers. These are potential portfolio pieces for me so any advice and cc is appreciated. Thanks for looking

Brewers- In my opinion, the logo they have now is getting stale, it has now been around for a year longer (16 years) then arguably their best logo the glove in the shape of a m and b, which would be used as a alternate logo. In this case I wanted to revise their current logo into a more modern sans serif version of it. 

IMG_0035.JPG

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dodgers- The classic look and feel of the dodgers logo can never be replaced, however if the dodgers were ever to adopt a new logo this would be my concept for it. I tried to keep the vintage serif LA look to it but I also tried to add a little bit more modern aggressive feel to it as well. 

Next up will be the Rockies.

IMG_0036.JPG

Considering you say that this would be used only if they decided to switch their logo, it looks clean, professional, and realistic. Kudos to you for the dodgers. The Brewers on the other hand, i would reconsider your font choice, because in my opinion it looks too simple. Maybe try selecting something more brewer-y if that makes any sense. Nice job all round though.

SIG.png

Beautiful job on the Milwaukee one!

But as a Dodgers fan, I'm not a big fan of that logo. It really doesn't resemble their historicness by adding a little bit of old style logo designing in it. Maybe fix it up a bit to make it look more like an old-style logo, while still using modern style. (If that makes any sense :lol:)

IMG_7365.PNG

IMG_7364.PNG

45 minutes ago, GeauxAstros said:

Do the astros

Sorry to be a mod here, but maybe you should take a look at the concept forum rules, particularly this little rule right here:

*Please refrain from "requesting" that a user do a specific team, idea of yours, league, etc. 

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

Rockies- The rockies are one of the newer teams in the league and they have great colors, personally I believe that with a little bit of tweaking to their current logo they could have one of the best and most original logos in the league. Below would be my concept for the mountain logo, I tried to keep this as simple and clean as possible but at the same time trying to keep a sleek look to it. I can make the letter logo if you guys would be interested in seeing that as well.

Next up- Indians or Astros.

Rockies.jpg

Brewers-Love it!

Dodgers-I would extend the L through the A like their current logo, other than that, solid.

Rockies-It looks ok, but I think it should have something that shows the team name or something. Now it just looks like a purple alternate twin peaks logo.

17 hours ago, hawkfan13 said:

Rockies- The rockies are one of the newer teams in the league and they have great colors, personally I believe that with a little bit of tweaking to their current logo they could have one of the best and most original logos in the league. Below would be my concept for the mountain logo, I tried to keep this as simple and clean as possible but at the same time trying to keep a sleek look to it. I can make the letter logo if you guys would be interested in seeing that as well.

Next up- Indians or Astros.

Rockies.jpg

I agree with the sentiment of putting "Rockies" below the logo. I think that that ball/sun in the background could easily be made into a baseball by adding purple stitching. 

This has a lot of potential, just needs a little more.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

• 3 weeks later...

Back at it again,

I decided to do the royals instead of the Indians because I liked the concept I had in my head for the royals.

The Royals have had the same logo concept in the K and C since they have entered the league in '69. It's not a terrible logo, but to me it's a bit dated so I thought I'd change it a bit. My logo keeps the same K and C concept but modernizes the crown logo a bit to give it a little more style, I also tried to add a little bit of a hidden R in the K part. This logo would most likely be used as a cap logo but I would also keep the jersey logo relatively the same. Let me know what you guys think of this as I'm still kind of on the edge on how this looks.

Royals.jpg

1 minute ago, hawkfan13 said:

Back at it again,

I decided to do the royals instead of the Indians because I liked the concept I had in my head for the royals.

The Royals have had the same logo concept in the K and C since they have entered the league in '69. It's not a terrible logo, but to me it's a bit dated so I thought I'd change it a bit. My logo keeps the same K and C concept but modernizes the crown logo a bit to give it a little more style, I also tried to add a little bit of a hidden R in the K part. This logo would most likely be used as a cap logo but I would also keep the jersey logo relatively the same. Let me know what you guys think of this as I'm still kind of on the edge on how this looks.

Royals.jpg

Oooo man. I really like what you have here. I think you have a good balance between old and new.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

not a big fan of the Royals logo. The "K" appears whimsical while the "C" is left very bland and generic. Not sure where you are going with that logo but it's apples to oranges for me.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

It's kind of hard to make a judgment on the logos in isolation, not as part of a larger concept package, just because so often, baseball logos (and uniforms) are dependent on typefaces, and it's easier to understand how the logos work in context of uniforms/wordmarks/etc.

rATMcmK.png

Next up is the land,

Cleveland had to change their logo to the C in 2014 due to the controversy that the chief wahoo logo was racist like the other many Indian logos in sports. The logo they use now is fairly similar to the logo they had when they first entered the league and gains some positive reviews and negative ones as well saying that it is just too simple. For my concept I personally like the simplicity of their current logo so I kept that and I added a cream stroke and a feather to give it a little extra depth. Not a huge change but I think it's enough.

Cleveland.jpg

Archived