LA Chargers Logo

mcrosby

10 minutes ago, mcrosby said:

As long as the Chargers can't decide what logo to use I thought I'd keep playing with this concept. 

lachargers.png

And because they'll be sharing a city with the Rams, I thought I'd try changing their colors even further. What better than volt for the bolts?

lachargersvolt.png

I just love the idea of using an animal mascot as opposed to a simple bolt. Your presentation is spot on.

I think I'm more a fan of the normal colors, even if they might be similar to the Ram's palette. I feel like they need to retain some part of the old identity, and the volt yellow just deviates too far from that. Besides, I think we have enough neon in the NFL with the Seahawks :P 

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

10 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

I agree on the idea of volt but in practice it may be too much if it isn't used very very sparingly with a very dark midnight navy blue. 

Hence what I said earlier, volt and dark blue would look way too similar to the Seahawks. Imo, I think that the light blue just works better with the classic gold. And even if some people think that is too close to the Rams, their gold and blue are clearly different shades. 

Just my two cents :P Either way, if the NFL actually decided to do something good for once in the branding department and use this logo, I wouldn't care if it were volt or yellow.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

18 hours ago, ZionEagle said:

Hence what I said earlier, volt and dark blue would look way too similar to the Seahawks. Imo, I think that the light blue just works better with the classic gold. And even if some people think that is too close to the Rams, their gold and blue are clearly different shades. 

Just my two cents :P Either way, if the NFL actually decided to do something good for once in the branding department and use this logo, I wouldn't care if it were volt or yellow.

Maybe you're right about it being to similar to the Seahawks but if it was used the right way. I was envisioning something similar to the LT and seau era uniforms with volt instead of yellow used as outline and as a third color to compliment blue and white. Like I said, in concept I think that sounds pretty cool, but in practice, I don't know...

That being said I do agree with you that more than likely, traditional yellow-gold is the way to go.

I like the idea of using a brighter yellow to help distinguish from the Rams. What if you tried a completely out of the blue (pun not intended) color scheme like green/orange or green/red. Not sure it'd work but I think it's worth trying. 

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Archived