JayG2024

Ross - Dress For Less Logo Concept

Looking for some C&C on this concept for the Ross Department Stores.  I wanted to tackle this logo because their old logo is super outdated in my opinion.   So let me know what you think.  Ross SL.png

I think on the Ross part, the blue could be thicker, and the grey outline smaller. I don't like how the tagline overlaps but that's just me.

On a random side note, does it bother anyone else when someone says the tagline as part of the name? Like "I went down to the Ross Dress For Less the other day, and got a great deal". I just look at them with disappointment.

6 minutes ago, TornadoGTS said:

I think on the Ross part, the blue could be thicker, and the grey outline smaller. I don't like how the tagline overlaps but that's just me.

On a random side note, does it bother anyone else when someone says the tagline as part of the name? Like "I went down to the Ross Dress For Less the other day, and got a great deal". I just look at them with disappointment.

C&C...

Ross small.png

Ross looks like a high school wordmark right now. I'd want something a little stiffer for that. 

As a single parent, Ross is a godsend. My kid grows out of clothes pretty quick right now so saving money is awesome. And finding the occasional sports jersey that I've been looking for is even better.

Sorry but I don't see discount clothing store with that logo.  Their current logo identifies that much better.

On 1/16/2017 at 7:54 PM, JayG2024 said:

Looking for some C&C on this concept for the Ross Department Stores.  I wanted to tackle this logo because their old logo is super outdated in my opinion.   So let me know what you think.  Ross SL.pngit's not bad, but I think it resembles the logo for the Roses department store logo a whole lot. 

IMG_20170122_131848.jpg

It's awkwardly unnatural.  Those letters look kinda like a script, but each individual one couldn't possibly connect to the next.

Also the fonts totally clash.  Fancier main marks need less-fancy supporting marks.  Some kind of relatively basic sans-serif would be better.

Not bad besides besides the overlapping & little too much grey for my taste when the current is blue & white.