Solving the Avalanche's Uniform Disaster Once and For All

ldconcepts

The Avalanche have been marred by horrible jersey designs ever since they ditched the mountain striping. The closest thing to a good uniform they've come up to is their current alternate, though in no way I'd like that to become primary. The A logo needs to stay, so I decided to try to solve their uniform problems once and for all.

Colorado%20Avalanche%20Concept_zpsyvwtqa

I used the colour configurations from the 90s jerseys, but put a mountain pattern on the shoulders, while matching the colours on the hem, arm, and sock stripes.

C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

I'm sorry but I don't see this is much of an improvement. The shoulder yoke is too jagged and "x-treme" looking. Maybe it's the template but I'm just not a fan. 

Edit: I think trying to condense the pattern into that small a space is the issue for me. I do like that you tried a different design overall rather than rehashing the old stripes. 

The main problem in my eyes with the Avs current look is the Maroon directly on Blue that doesn't play well at all. You've solved that but I think the uniform still has as was said above too much of a nineties vibe to it. You didn't make enough of a drastic change to truly fix their look as it stands now. If you really want to solve their problems, you shouldn't be afraid to veer from their current design a little more. This looks better, but there's still room to improve

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

I would flip the yoke and hem line designs. Apply the mountain design on the bottom of the jersey to give it more room to be effective from a design standpoint. As it looks now, all of the attention is drawn to the face, it's very top heavy. The diagonal lines from the sleeves would blend perfectly into the "mountain" design if it were applied to the hem line. You could use a traditional yoke, even applying the Colorado Triangle/Rockies logo on the shoulders.

and the 100 logo where the "C" and "A" is placed? Ehh that's not gonna work. 

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Archived