Mtn Dew New Packaging 2017

TVIXX

I first saw the new packaging last night while on a Walmart run with a buddy of mine last night. It sure does capture your attention (and burn your retinas), I'll say that much. Better than the previous one with the, uh, floating mountains? 

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I don't care if you change the color of the packaging, it's still one of the worst logos out there and nothing they do to the packaging is going to make it better. Everything they do to this is just horrible.

...I like it?  I don't care that they've gone away from even caring about Mountains at this point.  It's bold, it's colorful, it's noisy.  I approve.  

That said, I'd love if there was a special edition Mountain Dew can/packaging that was similar to Coors Banquet, where they branded Mountain Dew as some sort of explorer's beverage just for laughs.  Mountains and a lantern-bearing prospector, all the guff, you can think of.  Dress it up and have fun.

coors-banquet-can.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

14 hours ago, CS85 said:

...I like it?  I don't care that they've gone away from even caring about Mountains at this point.  It's bold, it's colorful, it's noisy.  I approve.  

That said, I'd love if there was a special edition Mountain Dew can/packaging that was similar to Coors Banquet, where they branded Mountain Dew as some sort of explorer's beverage just for laughs.  Mountains and a lantern-bearing prospector, all the guff, you can think of.  Dress it up and have fun.

coors-banquet-can.jpg

Like this?  I don't remember when I realized/discovered, but it was a long, long time before I realized that "mountain dew" was slang for moonshine.  It makes Mountain Dew the candy cigarettes of the soft drink world.  It's weird.  Mountain Dew's brand has been EXXTREME to the exclusion of anything else for as long as I can remember.

Mountain_Dew_Throwback_2010.png

8 hours ago, Cosmic said:

Like this?  I don't remember when I realized/discovered, but it was a long, long time before I realized that "mountain dew" was slang for moonshine.  It makes Mountain Dew the candy cigarettes of the soft drink world.  It's weird.  Mountain Dew's brand has been EXXTREME to the exclusion of anything else for as long as I can remember.

Mountain_Dew_Throwback_2010.png

No, I mean that's more of a classic branding thing.  I want something that makes them attempt to package it in a sophisticated way, just for my own amusement.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

3 hours ago, CS85 said:

No, I mean that's more of a classic branding thing.  I want something that makes them attempt to package it in a sophisticated way, just for my own amusement.

There was this, but I didn't really get what it was supposed to be. Regular Dew doubling down on the moonshine reference?

Mountain-Dew-DewShine-Products.jpg

On 2/1/2017 at 3:39 PM, Matito said:

Dewshine is pretty good. More citrus-y than regular Dew. It's a shame it's only in glass bottles.

My dream is to own the glass jug. I've got an empty bottle stowed away in an old dresser drawer because I loved it so much. I pick some up whenever I see it.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Archived