BOSTON UNIVERSITY TERRIERS

Home White Helmet BU.png

Home Red Helmet BU.png

Away White Helmet BU.png

Away Red Helmet BU.png

Real Helmet Template.png

Real Template.png

DESIGN: -Double stripe comes from the hockey pants

-Tried to include some Boston inspiration in the stripe. But I couldn't find anything that worked. I put the tree from the New England flag on the bottom of the stripe but it looked too much like Stanford.

HELMET: -Red and white satin helmet

-Double stripe and BU logo on both

-Massachusetts state and USA flag on back

JERSEY: -Double stripe on shoulders

-Font similar to the hockey ones

PANTS: -White and red pants

-Double stripe on both

On the real template, there is no collar color because the template does not have a color to put on and using the paint tool or the magnetic lasso tool doesn't work but I still think it gets the point across.

6 hours ago, stumpygremlin said:

I think the terrier itself should make an appearance somewhere, whether on the hip, helmet, or both. Other than that, for BU, those would be perfect.

How's this:

Home White Helmet Terrier.png

Away White Helmet Terrier.png'

Real Helmet Template 2.png

I recolored the logo because the black in the logo was way too out of place and the black looked out of place putting it on the uniform in between the stripes and as an outline.

On 3/27/2017 at 6:16 AM, generalshepherd141 said:

Many of these are just flat-out amazing. I especially love Charleston and Grand Canyon.

If you're taking requests, perhaps could you do the Oakland Golden Grizzlies?

Only because I have them already done and I haven't had time to get to the newly requested teams, I'll post Oakland.

OAKLAND GOLDEN GRIZZLIES

58dae8d5898dd_HomeGoldHelmet.thumb.png.cf8fc0bc8ebd7c1f3267538c11dccf8a.png

58dae8d21c064_HomeBlackHelmet.thumb.png.03f2c443e6833fe09b222e3c59ca920f.png

58dae8ceb2d4d_AwayGoldHelmet.thumb.png.6376687b59b0349783faa70d7384f8af.png

58dae8cb32bfe_AwayBlackHelmet.thumb.png.ec73f6ba744d3215534f99495297c77f.png

58dae8c74f9cc_AltGoldGoldHelmet.thumb.png.c985e63ce4a199a6b230811b20d83111.png

58dae8c3b42bd_AltGoldBlackHelmet.thumb.png.725ae019f3887fbe43f9ba55b0d18bea.png

58dae8da602d2_RealHelmetTemplate.thumb.png.eb1b1407e042d5d96480e8efcbbd81d9.png

58dae8dd8fdca_RealTemplate.thumb.png.9a51a0c5b10f257b829ef642ca6ae0ff.png

DESIGN: -Inspiration comes from the basketball uniforms

-Stripe on helmet and pants are slim and the stripes on the sleeve caps cover the caps

HELMETS: -Gold satin and matte black helmet

-Large grizzly logo 

-Michigan state outline on the back. Just like on the court

JERSEYS: -Stripes on sleeve cap

-Font is the official school's athletic font found on their basketball jerseys

PANTS: -Gold, black, and white pants

-Stripe on each pants

Been following this thread from the beginning, just haven't had the time to give a well thought-out response. I actually thought about doing a topic like this but for college arena football. Glad I could help give you some inspiration with my college football uniform concept thread. Would have sucked if you stopped creating concepts like these and your high school ones again.

C&C on the concepts...

-Marquette: 9/10 Looks exactly like how the basketball uniforms would look on a football uniform. I'm not a huge fan of the basketball uniforms but the way you designed the football uniforms is interesting and unique. (You fixed the striping consistency problem).

-Providence: 10/10 Looks great, no changes needed.

-Creighton: 9/10 Feather on sleeve works really well. Like the tapered stripe you used on the helmet and pants. Maybe light blue could be used more, but it's definitely not needed.

-Xavier: 8.5/10 Exactly what I would expect for Xavier. Don't feel like the drop shadow is necessary for the numbers. The chrome is a interesting idea but there's too much going on on the helmet. I would remove either the logo or the X. Maybe you could keep both the logo and the X if you make the X blue chrome.

-DePaul: 7/10 Not a fan of the horn helmet. Font isn't really working for me (even though it's used by the school). Italic fonts aren't unusually that great on football uniforms so that's not your fault. Like the horns on the sleeve. I think that removing one color from your striping pattern would look better (like their basketball uniforms). RWB pattern seems more patriotic than Blue Demons. BTW, I don't consider it to be BFBS if black is one of the school colors.

-Saint Louis: 9/10 Arch with the logo underneath looks really nice on the sleeve. Your column pattern looks a little weird with it not connecting to the top or bottom of the pants.

-Seton Hall: 10/10 Everything looks great. Gray pants are unnecessary. Great job with the throwback.

-Saint John's: 9/10 Number font looks odd on a football uniform (not bad though). I would remove the helmet stripe, and then center the skyline on the back and make it bigger.

-VCU: 9/10 Sleeve design is unique and a great way to incorporate the city flag. I like the ram horn over the logos for the helmet, but horn still doesn't look quite right. Your gold/yellow is helmet looks the best.

-Saint Joseph's: 9/10 Like the striping. Like Seton Hall, the gray pants are unnecessary. Just feels like it's missing something (maybe add some black).

-George Washington: 8/10 The font was a nice touch. I think having basically 2 monuments on each side is too much. I would either remove the top shoulder monuments or combine the shoulder and pants monuments into 1 continuous monument on each side.

-George Mason: 7.5/10 A little boring but there's only so much you can do with "shooting star" logo.

-Saint Bonaventure: 8.5/10 Somewhat simple but effective design. Custom design on sleeves and pants is nice. Brown helmet with long dog logo is my favorite of the 2 designs.

-Gonzaga: 7.5/10 Helmets look nice. Not a fan of the stripe design (especially the bottom part).

-Saint Mary's: 8.5/10 Like that you used the same pattern as their basketball uniforms. Might have used it too much with the sleeve collars.

-San Francisco: 9/10 Has a really classic look to it. Kind of a combination of Auburn and Green Bay with the striping. Same comment as St John's about bridge/skyline on back of helmet. Agree with your comment on the different stripes.

-UMass Lowell: 8/10 Not a fan if the Navy helmet design for them. If you kept it I would angle the stripes on the side of the helmet.

-UC Santa Barbara: 9/10 The Argentine pattern looks was a great touch. Number font is a little too thick. Your helmet concepts with the hat/dots is way too much. The interlocking SB logo is probably the best choice for helmet.

-Long Beach State: 10/10 Great job with the palm trees on the sleeves. You fixed the problems with the white uniform and helmet logo.

-Wright State: 8.5/10 Over-sized logo on helmet looks great. Number font is a little to thin. Not a fan of the stripe (I would remove point at the ends).

-UW-Milwaukee: 8.5/10 Looks nice. Claw/whisker marks look good. Could add TV numbers to the shoulder so the jersey a little more going on.

-Northern Kentucky: 6.5/10 First concept > Not one of your best. The crossing swords aren't a bad a idea, but the numbers on top them is too much in one area.

7.5/10 Second concept > Better with the swords on shoulders. Feel like you went the easy way with NKU and were more creative with other teams. You could do something with the helmet and put horns on it (like the Vikings).

-Little Rock: 10/10 Love the pattern on the sleeves. Stripe on helmet and pants is weird/different but it works.

-Wichita State: 9/10 First number font you used is better. Like the normal sized logos on the helmet better. Probably don't need the wheat on the sleeves.

-Portland: 9/10 Odd seeing the wave pattern but not a bad design at all. Did improve the designs by moving the wave pattern below the numbers on the sleeves.

-College of Charleston: 10/10 Nice classic design. Definitely has a 49ers feel to it with the gold helmet. Usually not a fan of logos/text on stripes but it works really well here.

-Chicago State: 10/10 Great job with them. Would remove outline on numbers though. Numbers are plenty thick without the outline. Very creative take with the tapered stripe on the city flag. Looks like I gave you some inspiration with the city flag colors too (my court concept).

-Grand Canyon: 9/10 The first thing I thought of when I saw it was "What the hell? He stole my design" so I'm glad you gave me credit for the Grand Canyon gradient design. The overall design is great but the number is pretty large on the front and back. The purple pants and helmet with the gradient look doesn't look quite right (The black pants and helmet fix that problem).

-Utah Valley: 9/10 Great design with the W V on the helmet and sleeve. I would remove the logo from the pants because you already use that logo on the helmet. If you kept the logo on the pants I would just use the one-color version of the logo.

-Pacific: 8.5/10 Overall very good job. Feel like a better font could be used for the numbers (doesn't logo right on a football uniform). You went for a traditional look, which works well here, but maybe making the stripes thicker could help make the stripes/claw marks more noticeable. 

-Boston U.: 9.5/10 Very simple, traditional look for them, but it works.

-Oakland: 8.5/10 Over-sized logo works for them. I would change the stripes on the sleeves. I would take the stripe pattern used on the helmet and pants, and turn it 90 degrees (make it horizontal) and put it on the sleeves that way. They kind of stole Marquette's old basketball uniform (striping-wise).

That's it.

JeKhnr9.png

On 3/31/2017 at 9:59 PM, mgdmhl said:

Been following this thread from the beginning, just haven't had the time to give a well thought-out response. I actually thought about doing a topic like this but for college arena football. Glad I could help give you some inspiration with my college football uniform concept thread. Would have sucked if you stopped creating concepts like these and your high school ones again.

C&C on the concepts...

-Marquette: 9/10 Looks exactly like how the basketball uniforms would look on a football uniform. I'm not a huge fan of the basketball uniforms but the way you designed the football uniforms is interesting and unique. (You fixed the striping consistency problem).

-Providence: 10/10 Looks great, no changes needed.

-Creighton: 9/10 Feather on sleeve works really well. Like the tapered stripe you used on the helmet and pants. Maybe light blue could be used more, but it's definitely not needed.

-Xavier: 8.5/10 Exactly what I would expect for Xavier. Don't feel like the drop shadow is necessary for the numbers. The chrome is a interesting idea but there's too much going on on the helmet. I would remove either the logo or the X. Maybe you could keep both the logo and the X if you make the X blue chrome.

-DePaul: 7/10 Not a fan of the horn helmet. Font isn't really working for me (even though it's used by the school). Italic fonts aren't unusually that great on football uniforms so that's not your fault. Like the horns on the sleeve. I think that removing one color from your striping pattern would look better (like their basketball uniforms). RWB pattern seems more patriotic than Blue Demons. BTW, I don't consider it to be BFBS if black is one of the school colors.

-Saint Louis: 9/10 Arch with the logo underneath looks really nice on the sleeve. Your column pattern looks a little weird with it not connecting to the top or bottom of the pants.

-Seton Hall: 10/10 Everything looks great. Gray pants are unnecessary. Great job with the throwback.

-Saint John's: 9/10 Number font looks odd on a football uniform (not bad though). I would remove the helmet stripe, and then center the skyline on the back and make it bigger.

-VCU: 9/10 Sleeve design is unique and a great way to incorporate the city flag. I like the ram horn over the logos for the helmet, but horn still doesn't look quite right. Your gold/yellow is helmet looks the best.

-Saint Joseph's: 9/10 Like the striping. Like Seton Hall, the gray pants are unnecessary. Just feels like it's missing something (maybe add some black).

-George Washington: 8/10 The font was a nice touch. I think having basically 2 monuments on each side is too much. I would either remove the top shoulder monuments or combine the shoulder and pants monuments into 1 continuous monument on each side.

-George Mason: 7.5/10 A little boring but there's only so much you can do with "shooting star" logo.

-Saint Bonaventure: 8.5/10 Somewhat simple but effective design. Custom design on sleeves and pants is nice. Brown helmet with long dog logo is my favorite of the 2 designs.

-Gonzaga: 7.5/10 Helmets look nice. Not a fan of the stripe design (especially the bottom part).

-Saint Mary's: 8.5/10 Like that you used the same pattern as their basketball uniforms. Might have used it too much with the sleeve collars.

-San Francisco: 9/10 Has a really classic look to it. Kind of a combination of Auburn and Green Bay with the striping. Same comment as St John's about bridge/skyline on back of helmet. Agree with your comment on the different stripes.

-UMass Lowell: 8/10 Not a fan if the Navy helmet design for them. If you kept it I would angle the stripes on the side of the helmet.

-UC Santa Barbara: 9/10 The Argentine pattern looks was a great touch. Number font is a little too thick. Your helmet concepts with the hat/dots is way too much. The interlocking SB logo is probably the best choice for helmet.

-Long Beach State: 10/10 Great job with the palm trees on the sleeves. You fixed the problems with the white uniform and helmet logo.

-Wright State: 8.5/10 Over-sized logo on helmet looks great. Number font is a little to thin. Not a fan of the stripe (I would remove point at the ends).

-UW-Milwaukee: 8.5/10 Looks nice. Claw/whisker marks look good. Could add TV numbers to the shoulder so the jersey a little more going on.

-Northern Kentucky: 6.5/10 First concept > Not one of your best. The crossing swords aren't a bad a idea, but the numbers on top them is too much in one area.

7.5/10 Second concept > Better with the swords on shoulders. Feel like you went the easy way with NKU and were more creative with other teams. You could do something with the helmet and put horns on it (like the Vikings).

-Little Rock: 10/10 Love the pattern on the sleeves. Stripe on helmet and pants is weird/different but it works.

-Wichita State: 9/10 First number font you used is better. Like the normal sized logos on the helmet better. Probably don't need the wheat on the sleeves.

-Portland: 9/10 Odd seeing the wave pattern but not a bad design at all. Did improve the designs by moving the wave pattern below the numbers on the sleeves.

-College of Charleston: 10/10 Nice classic design. Definitely has a 49ers feel to it with the gold helmet. Usually not a fan of logos/text on stripes but it works really well here.

-Chicago State: 10/10 Great job with them. Would remove outline on numbers though. Numbers are plenty thick without the outline. Very creative take with the tapered stripe on the city flag. Looks like I gave you some inspiration with the city flag colors too (my court concept).

-Grand Canyon: 9/10 The first thing I thought of when I saw it was "What the hell? He stole my design" so I'm glad you gave me credit for the Grand Canyon gradient design. The overall design is great but the number is pretty large on the front and back. The purple pants and helmet with the gradient look doesn't look quite right (The black pants and helmet fix that problem).

-Utah Valley: 9/10 Great design with the W V on the helmet and sleeve. I would remove the logo from the pants because you already use that logo on the helmet. If you kept the logo on the pants I would just use the one-color version of the logo.

-Pacific: 8.5/10 Overall very good job. Feel like a better font could be used for the numbers (doesn't logo right on a football uniform). You went for a traditional look, which works well here, but maybe making the stripes thicker could help make the stripes/claw marks more noticeable. 

-Boston U.: 9.5/10 Very simple, traditional look for them, but it works.

-Oakland: 8.5/10 Over-sized logo works for them. I would change the stripes on the sleeves. I would take the stripe pattern used on the helmet and pants, and turn it 90 degrees (make it horizontal) and put it on the sleeves that way. They kind of stole Marquette's old basketball uniform (striping-wise).

That's it.

Wow thanks for taking the time to go through every one and write a thorough response on each of them. Like I said I got inspiration to do concepts again from your thread and I hope you don't mind that I took inspiration from the GCU concept but it fit perfectly with the idea I had when I was going to start that team. Thanks again for the comments

Here's a few more realistic templates from Nike teams.

58e159ce8376e_HomeFront.thumb.png.845744b4821a0eedf5499757368601f9.png

58e159d394a53_HomeGoldHelmet.thumb.png.1538284168e82293dd3038e7c05149cc.png

58e159c6ea93a_AltFront.thumb.png.44d845813f092f966a62a5aa924c6af9.png

58e159cb6a271_AltGoldHelmet.thumb.png.68f77ce1ab331ad02dc466310d2a41ae.png

Front.thumb.png.c9f8f23c951b49b7ab7725445ef4d3e3.png

Helmet.thumb.png.e8f3e209d2d7a895ed1e265b9c3204e6.png

Back.thumb.png.dee6a6153dfc1c992b00d8337055fcdd.png

I'll have some more new concepts out soon I have just not had as much time as I thought. But I promise to get them out soon. 

Archived