Jump to content

College Football for Non Football D1 Teams


NH4

Recommended Posts

On 2/7/2017 at 9:04 AM, stumpygremlin said:

Dude those last two are b*****n'. For SJU, I don't know if I'd have a navy jersey or pants because, after all, they're the RED Storm. (It's like Stanford wearing black despite being the Cardinal.) That said, the execution is perfect on both.

Thanks! And I thought that if the basketball team could have a navy jersey I thought the football team could too.  Image result for st john's basketball navy uniforms

Plus with the amount of different combinations in college football, this was realistic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

VCU RAMS

Home Gold Helmet.png

Home Black Helmet.png

Away Gold Helmet.png

Away Black Helmet.png

Alt Gold Helmet.png

Alt Black Helmet.png

 

This was one of the hardest designs to come up with because there was really nothing that stood out about VCU's jerseys or any design. But I absolutely love it because of what the design represents.

  • Shoulder sleeve is a modified version of the Richmond flag
  • The sillhouette of this ram logo replaces the rower and the stars stay
  • Helmet is a ram's horn just like LA, Colorado State, and Rhode Island but it is the actual horn from the logo
  • Pant stripe is from the bottom of the flag
  • Number font is the same as the basketball uniforms

Thanks for looking guys and as always C&C is greatly appreciated!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love the yellow helmet, but the black is a miss in my book. Having the yellow and white right next to each other on the horn doesn't work well. I would add a thin black line between the two bright colors. Other than that, VCU looks Great.

Edited by cjm3114jr
misspelling of next to be nest
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, cjm3114jr said:

I love the yellow helmet, but the black is a miss in my book. Having the yellow and white right next to each other on the horn doesn't work well. I would add a thin black line between the two bright colors. Other than that, VCU looks Great.

I agree with this that the horn on the black helmet looks off and I think this is a good fix.

 

I absolutely love the sleeve. The take on the Richmond flag is executed very well and it's something that would make a great shirt design as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, cjm3114jr said:

I love the yellow helmet, but the black is a miss in my book. Having the yellow and white right next to each other on the horn doesn't work well. I would add a thin black line between the two bright colors. Other than that, VCU looks Great.

 

27 minutes ago, PSUcelticsWON95 said:

I agree with this that the horn on the black helmet looks off and I think this is a good fix.

 

I absolutely love the sleeve. The take on the Richmond flag is executed very well and it's something that would make a great shirt design as well.

How about this?

Home Black Helmet.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, natolian10 said:

Thanks! And I thought that if the basketball team could have a navy jersey I thought the football team could too.  Image result for st john's basketball navy uniforms

Plus with the amount of different combinations in college football, this was realistic.

I stand corrected. I didn't know that SJU had this jersey.

 

As far as VCU, even with the black inlines, the black helmet is still a miss.

 

Part of why the yellow helmet works is the design of the ram horn. The colors in the ram horn show depth that, when the colors are changed, get lost. If you want a black helmet, the ram silhouette or even a text VCU wordmark would work. That said, I think that in this particular case, just the one helmet would do. (Colorado State, for example, mostly uses only one helmet.)

 

Concerning the rest of the uniform:

Spoiler

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, stumpygremlin said:

I stand corrected. I didn't know that SJU had this jersey.

 

As far as VCU, even with the black inlines, the black helmet is still a miss.

 

Part of why the yellow helmet works is the design of the ram horn. The colors in the ram horn show depth that, when the colors are changed, get lost. If you want a black helmet, the ram silhouette or even a text VCU wordmark would work. That said, I think that in this particular case, just the one helmet would do. (Colorado State, for example, mostly uses only one helmet.)

 

Concerning the rest of the uniform:

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

Thanks for the comments. I added horns just like LA, Colo St, and Rhode Island with one color for the horns. Plus I also added different logos. I didn't know which one I liked better.

 

Home Black Helmet 2.png

Home Black Helmet 3.png

Home Black Helmet 4.png

Home Black Helmet 5.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/12/2017 at 2:15 PM, AntCurtain said:

I'd say for the black helmet, one possibility is to put the horn that you put on the yellow helmet on it, then put a yellow stroke around it. There's also something that I really like about the one with the shield on it.

 Home Black Helmet 6.png

I kind of like this one more

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, cjm3114jr said:

Will you consider doing the University of Arkansas-Little Rock? the Trojans are in the sun belt, but don't have a football program.

Yeah definitely. I'm kind of surprised they don't have a team so I will give a stab at them 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ST JOSEPH'S HAWKS

Home Red Helmet.png

Home White Helmet.png

Away Red Helmet.png

Away White Helmet.png

 

  • Satin red helmet
  • Stripe is taken from the Nike template that the basketball team had a few years back. Thought it translated onto a football uniform well
  • Number font is similar but different to the Copperplate Gothic font in the logo
  • A more traditional set for this team

Thanks for looking guys and as always C&C is appreciated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.