College Football for Non Football D1 Teams

NH4

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This series is outstanding.

Instead of the poorly designed uniforms that don't match and use extraneous non-school colors we would likely see from these teams, you have presented well thought-out sets that look cool and professional. Well done.

As a request, how about UTRGV?

17 hours ago, Griffinmarlins said:

I think you need to make the stroke on the numbers for GW less thick. It looks too rounded right now even though the Michigan State font should have sharp edges. 

Made the stroke less thick for GW:

Home Gold Helmet.png

Home Blue Helmet.png

Away Gold Helmet.png

Away Blue Helmet.png

On 2/12/2017 at 3:08 PM, Silence of the Rams said:

If I may. I'd suggest these teams

mfhe5ysvfgzgt0wxt8hcz89pv.gif88353622010.gif82715532012.gif73050262014.gif

SAINT MARY'S GAELS

Home Navy Helmet.png

Home White Helmet.png

Home Red Helmet.png

Away Navy Helmet.png

Away White Helmet.png

Away Red Helmet.png

Alt Navy Helmet.png

Alt White Helmet.png

Alt Red Helmet.png

• Blue, red, and white glossy helmet
  • Stripe design from their basketball uniforms last year. Blue and white uniform design. I don't know what the stripe signifies but it's unique and makes a good football stripe
  • Helmet and pants stripe just like the basketball uniforms. Jersey stripe is on the cuffs
  • "GAELS" on the pants
  • Text and number font is the one on their uniforms
  • Numbers on away jersey are do not have a stroke. The blue and red looked too cluttered. Plus the blue numbers look classic without it.

I tried to differentiate them as much as I could from their rivals Gonzaga and I think the stripes do that. And as always thanks for looking!

5 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

This series is outstanding.

Instead of the poorly designed uniforms that don't match and use extraneous non-school colors we would likely see from these teams, you have presented well thought-out sets that look cool and professional. Well done.

As a request, how about UTRGV?

Thanks! That was exactly what I was going for with these uniforms. There are too many templated teams out there that for being unique and a synonymous design throughout the school, you have to be a big school and I hate that. And I could definitely take a look at UTRGV it just might be awhile after I finish the other requested teams. 

I'll bump this thread and post San Francisco

SAN FRANCISCO DONS

Home Gold Helmet.png

Home Green Helmet.png

Away Gold Helmet.png

Away Green Helmet.png

• Took influence from their 1951 undefeated team uniforms
  • "Dons" Script on helmet and gray facemask for an old school feel. 
  • Gold and green helmet with one stripe. Just like the great Ollie Matson wore in 51
  • Golden Gate Bridge on the back of the helmets
  • Northwestern stripe design on jerseys and socks, just like the 51's wore. I just added outlines
  • Two stripe pants

I usually hate uniforms that have different stripes on each element, but I think this would work for this school by honoring the past. Thanks for looking guys and like always C&C is greatly appreciated. The next team I'll have up is Umass Lowell.

This has been my favorite series so far. The USF one, however, could use work. You've created a great fauxback. However, I think with an abstract logo like they have, something out-of-the-box modern would work wonderfully. That U in the USF logo could even work as a helmet wing, with it emanating from the front of the helmet.

I'm DAMN EXCITED to see my River Hawks up next!

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

Thanks for the all the comments. What I'll probably do is re-visit USF to create a more modern uniform with a synonymous design and push these uniforms to throwbacks. While I'm redesigning that school, I'll post ones I have done. So Umass Lowell it is.

On 2/23/2017 at 2:44 PM, stumpygremlin said:

This has been my favorite series so far. The USF one, however, could use work. You've created a great fauxback. However, I think with an abstract logo like they have, something out-of-the-box modern would work wonderfully. That U in the USF logo could even work as a helmet wing, with it emanating from the front of the helmet.

I'm DAMN EXCITED to see my River Hawks up next!

UMASS LOWELL RIVER HAWKS

Home Blue Helmet.png

Home White Helmet.png

Home Red Helmet.png

Away Blue Helmet.png

Away White Helmet.png

Away Red Helmet.png

Alt Blue Helmet.png

Alt White Helmet.png

Alt Red Helmet.png

DESIGN: -Since hockey is big at this school, I took influence from their hockey sweaters instead of basketball uniforms like I usually do

-Stripe is the one they use on the white and blue sweater 

HELMET: -Total accidental move on my part. I was going to have the stripe just like the pants but when I copy and pasted the stripe it pasted right where it is on the helmet now and reminded me of Navy's old helmets, which everybody seemed to love. I thought it looked great so I kept it.                                                       -All helmets are glossy

-USA flag and the City of Lowell Flag

JERSEY:  -Lowell Stripe on sleeves

-Number font is the Under Armour one they use on the hockey and basketball jerseys

-"Umass Lowell" wordmark logo and America East Conference logo on the front

PANTS: -Lowell Stripe on the side

-"UMASS' on one side of the pants, and "LOWELL" on the other side 

SOCKS: -White socks with Lowell Stripe on the top. Just like the hockey socks

Thanks for looking guys and as always C&C is greatly appreciated.

Dude! UML!

These are awesome!

My one complaint about these is not on you, but it's one I've had with the school itself since the all-sports move to D1, and that is the use of the Under Armour catalog font for the numbers rather than Impact (the font from their logo).

Those helmets are not what I expected at all, and I love 'em!

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

4 hours ago, stumpygremlin said:

Dude! UML!

These are awesome!

My one complaint about these is not on you, but it's one I've had with the school itself since the all-sports move to D1, and that is the use of the Under Armour catalog font for the numbers rather than Impact (the font from their logo).

Those helmets are not what I expected at all, and I love 'em!

Thanks! I wasn't expecting those helmets at all either and I hoped you would like them so I'm glad you do. Thanks for requesting too. It was fun to base a football uniform of hockey jerseys. 

Archived