College Football for Non Football D1 Teams

NH4

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have loved every concept, but Portland has a couple of issues that I think need fixing.

The numeral font, if you're going to have it be inspired by the wordmark, should probably be in Impact or some other similar font. What you have now looks nothing like the wordmark.

The wave stripes feel off. They don't fit together as cleanly as they should. The placement of the waves need to be more cohesive, as it feels like the waves diverge from each other the longer the stripes go on.

That said, the ideas are great here, if the execution needs work. Clean it up, and this will be on the level of your other amazing works.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

It's not really your fault, but man do I hate the way Little Rock's Trojan logo is weirdly transparent in parts. On the silver helmet I wonder if it would look better if that part were just filled in with white rather than an outline around their dumb, weird logo quirk. Maybe they'll fix that one day if I whine about more. They changed their branding from UALR to Little Rock a few years after I started saying they should do that, so perhaps they're just catering to the whims of a fan of their biggest rival. 

If you need/want/don't care about suggestions, I'd throw out UT-Arlington just to fill out the Sun Belt ranks. 

On 3/17/2017 at 0:56 AM, Chawls said:

Southeastern Louisiana. They're an FCS team so IDK if they qualify. 

Yeah I'm going to keep this thread for schools that do not have a football team and they do have a football team. But thanks for commenting!

On 3/19/2017 at 10:40 AM, ATolly66 said:

Where did you get the font for the Portland concept?

I got it from a website that is now down but it is Oklahoma State's "Stillwater" font.

9 hours ago, NSLthe2nd said:

I would love to see a Pacific Tigers concept soon if it's still going. I have really liked these, especially Seton Hall's Throwback and St. John's. My absolute favorite is Wichita State's.

Thanks! I already have Pacific done so I will add them to the list to post.

On 3/17/2017 at 8:03 AM, stumpygremlin said:

I have loved every concept, but Portland has a couple of issues that I think need fixing.

The numeral font, if you're going to have it be inspired by the wordmark, should probably be in Impact or some other similar font. What you have now looks nothing like the wordmark.

The wave stripes feel off. They don't fit together as cleanly as they should. The placement of the waves need to be more cohesive, as it feels like the waves diverge from each other the longer the stripes go on.

That said, the ideas are great here, if the execution needs work. Clean it up, and this will be on the level of your other amazing works.

Thanks for the comments. I took into consideration all your comments and I think I came up with a design that is better.

Home Purple Helmet.png

Home White Helmet.png

Away Purple Helmet.png

Away White Helmet.png

• Moved the wave pattern on the jersey to sleeve caps. Looks more like the school's crest 
  • Changed number font. I should've been more clear in the original post. I meant the number font to look like the T and L in the script. But I think this number font works too.

Thanks for the comments and I will have Charleston up next.

With me being on Spring Break I will have more time to complete these concepts so I hope to be turning out these concepts quickly. Here's Charleston:

On 2/20/2017 at 10:06 PM, Djruggs said:

College of Charleston?

COLLEGE OF CHARLESTON COUGARS

Home Gold Helmet C Logo.png

Home Gold Helmet Script.png

Home Red Helmet Logo.png

Home Red Helmet Script.png

Away Gold Helmet C Logo.png

Away Gold Helmet Script.png

Away Red Helmet C Logo.png

Away Red Helmet Script.png

DESIGN: -A traditional design for a traditional school

-Thick three stripe design like the old 49ers pants

HELMET: -Satin gold and matte maroon helmet. Both with gray facemask

-American flag and recolored SC and Palmetto ouline

-C logo on both helmets             

-"The College" script on both helmets. I used this script because it is more unique than the "Cougars" script and the "Charleston" script was too long for the helmet. Plus they do use it on their baseball uniforms. Also, I tried different options with the white outline and this is the best I could come up with. Just the gold script was hard to see on the red helmet and a red outline and then a white outline was too hard to see as well

JERSEY: -Three stripe on sleeve cap with the C logo on it

-Number font that resembles the logo and script

PANTS: -Gold, white, and red pants

-Three stripe on each of the pants

Thanks guys for the comments guys and like I said I hope to have more teams out a lot quicker than the last couple weeks.

1 hour ago, cjm3114jr said:

For Charleston's "the college" red helmet, can you try to switch the white and gold? It blends in too much as it sits now.

Home Red Helmet Script.png

Away Red Helmet Script.png

This definitely looks better

On 3/2/2017 at 7:27 PM, Seadragon76 said:

You what I'd like to see? Concepts for Grand Canyon, Chicago State, UMKC and UT Rio Grande Valley.

I would like to see what you can do with these WAC schools.

CHICAGO STATE COUGARS

Home Green Helmet.png

Home Black Helmet.png

Away Green Helmet.png

Away Black Helmet.png

Alt Green Helmet.png

Alt Black Helmet.png

DESIGN: -My own twist on the Chicago flag

-Tapered the colored stripes for a sharp effect. Like a Cougar's claw or teeth

HELMET: -Green satin and black matte helmet

-Chicago flag stripe on each helmet 

-USA Flag and Chicago flag on back

JERSEY: -Chicago flag stripe on sleeve caps

-Sleeve caps are white on all jerseys. The outer part of the flag is white and I wanted to recreate that. I tried to taper the outer white stripes but it was too thick and look cluttered

-Number and chest font that was sharp but classic

-No outline on the away jersey numbers. It was too hard to see with a black outline

PANTS: -Black, white, and green pants

-Chicago flag stripe on each

Oh how I miss seeing the WAC on a football jersey. Thanks for looking guys and as always C&C is appreciated

55 minutes ago, stumpygremlin said:

My one thing on Chicago State is... on the fronts, bump everything more towards the top. It looks too low. Other than that, I got nothing!

Away Green Helmet.png

Away Black Helmet.png

Thanks for noticing that. I originally had a black outline on it that was pretty big and I just forgot to move it up.

I have Utah Valley almost done but I need some help figuring out what color facemask I should use. The options are below:

Gold Facemask.png

Green Facemask.png

White Facemask.png

For perspective, white is used more than gold in the uniforms. Gold is used as outlines to the number, chest text, and striping. I have green, gold, and white pants to accompany the jerseys and helmets. Knowing you guys, you'll help me come up with the best option. Thanks guys!

Thanks ODUmonarchs for commenting. Hopefully I can get more feedback on UVU but for now I'll post Grand Canyon.

GRAND CANYON ANTELOPES

Home Purple Helmet.png

Home White Helmet.png

Away Purple Helmet.png

Away White Helmet.png

I usually hate gradients in sports but what Arizona did this year with their football and basketball uniforms, I think in moderation it looks well for a certain school. This school was one of the few I think could pull it off. Especially looking for a unique identity

I hate their new redesign of logos that are just straight rip offs of TCU. That's why I went back to their old logos and old font It was unique to the school and it just looked better. I just removed the design on the bottom of the stomach of the antelope.

DESIGN: -Purple gradient of the Grand Canyon on sleeves. Purple gradient stripe

-Inspired by Arizona's new uniforms and mgdmhl's basketball court concept for GCU

-Wanted more brighter colors in the color scheme so I added bright purple/pink to the gradient

HELMET: -Glossy purple and white helmet

-Gradient stripe on each

-Oversised antelope on each side of each helmet

-Gradient logo and facemask on white helmet

JERSEYS: -Gradient Grand Canyon on sleeves

-'Lopes on home jersey, Canyon on away jersey

-Number font that resembles the school fonts

PANTS: -Purple and white pants

-Gradient stripe on each

Thanks for looking guys and as always C&C is greatly appreciated

Archived