2018 MLS Kits (NYCFC, Chicago updated 3/16)

upperV03

While I like several pieces of the concept for the Sounders. Especially the wave pattern! I don't think the gradient really works. When I think of the Sounders primary I think of heavy rave green with the cascade blue accents. Personally their inaugural MLS jerseys were my favorite. 

Concept is very well rendered! Look forward to seeing more.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, chrisCLEMENT said:

While I like several pieces of the concept for the Sounders. Especially the wave pattern! I don't think the gradient really works. When I think of the Sounders primary I think of heavy rave green with the cascade blue accents. Personally their inaugural MLS jerseys were my favorite. 

Concept is very well rendered! Look forward to seeing more.

Thanks for the feedback! I tried to implement the gradient in a few different ways and I felt as though I ended up with the best possible application of it. Looking back on it, I can definitely see how there may not be enough rave green in the top, so I'll try to come up with some alternatives. Possibly even flipping the gradient and having a tiny bit of blue towards the bottom of the jersey? Or maybe just making the sleeves and shoulders green would provide a better color balance.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

10 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Alright, next up is the Seattle Sounders, who will be due for a new primary in 2018. They've had some flashy kits in the past, but their last few primary kits have been fairly restrained and simple in design. With this new primary, I decided to revert back to something a little more daring. I decided to implement a gradient design with blue on the shoulders and sleeves fading to green, and a subtle wavy line pattern (taken from their NASL logo) which also has a gradient and is sublimated onto the shirt. Shale and white accents round it out. Let me know what you think, hope you guys like it.

Sounders2017.png

Hate the team, love the kits (RCTID)

soflo copy.png

Here's a slightly updated Sounders kit, with the gradient flipped, the shoulders and sleeves solid green, and white detailing. I feel like this version is much more refined and classy and would fit the team's primary kit aesthetic a bit more.

Sounders2017.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Ah see this is what I was talking about, I was thinking about a wave pattern on my Sounders jersey! I am half-kidding, ditched that idea anyway, but -- I really like your updated version. The first one was solid, but I wasn't sold on the shale accents (better as an away kit thing), and the gradient works better from the bottom up for sure.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Starting off the day with another concept, this time for Sporting Kansas City. Considering their reputation for fashion forward kits, I chose to utilize a slight heather texture and an overlayed plaid pattern on the shirt, with light blue accents throughout. I hope you guys like it, and feel free to leave any C&C.

SKC2017.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

9 minutes ago, hendocfc said:

Erm... do we by any chance have the same surname? Lol just pointing it out,nothing more. 

I don't really like the Seattle design -not a fan of gradients- ; but I do like SKC a lot. A very "SKC" effort indeed.

Haha, yes it appears that we do have the same surname. And that's a fair criticism of the Seattle design, I'm not a huge fan of gradients myself, but I felt it worked with their brand and color scheme. I'm glad you like SKC, and thanks for following!

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Next up is Toronto, who's due for a new secondary in 2018. I like their current secondary with the infusion of blue, but I wanted to depart from that in favor of using onyx and light gray rather than white. Their 2014/15 secondary was terrific IMO, so I decided to go for a kit with an onyx base, with light gray and red accents. In addition, the front of the shirt is light gray with a slight heather pattern and the hawk from the TFC academy logo sublimated onto the bottom right. Finally, I decided to keep BMO as the sponsor because there hasn't been any concrete news about whether they'll re-up again or not, so it seemed like a safe choice for now. But anyways, let me know what you guys think.

TFC2017.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Next up is Toronto, who's due for a new secondary in 2018. I like their current secondary with the infusion of blue, but I wanted to depart from that in favor of using onyx and light gray rather than white. Their 2014/15 secondary was terrific IMO, so I decided to go for a kit with an onyx base, with light gray and red accents. In addition, the front of the shirt is light gray with a slight heather pattern and the hawk from the TFC academy logo sublimated onto the bottom right. Finally, I decided to keep BMO as the sponsor because there hasn't been any concrete news about whether they'll re-up again or not, so it seemed like a safe choice for now. But anyways, let me know what you guys think.

TFC2017.png

These are really cool! Kinda reminds me of some of the older Toronto Raptors jerseys in a way...

soflo copy.png

45 minutes ago, soflo_sports said:

These are really cool! Kinda reminds me of some of the older Toronto Raptors jerseys in a way...

Thanks man! I was wondering if anyone would make a comment about the Raptors' old purple jerseys with the black back. I didn't necessarily do that intentionally but I did think about it while I was designing the kit and thought it was a cool little quirk. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, XenonDesigns said:

You should try using some of the shoulder stripes as well because from what has been leaked and released so far, they use the shoulder stripes.

These kits are all for 2018, so I'm just guessing that Adidas will revert back to using the side stripes for the next cycle of kits after the one that is just now being leaked and released. This season Adidas used the shoulder stripes for the secondary kits of the big global clubs and now they've flipped it for 2017 with the new MLS kits all having the shoulder stripes (with the exception of ATL's secondary), and the big global clubs using the side stripes for secondary kits. So I'm just guessing they'll flip it again for the 2018/19 kits.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

These kits are all for 2018, so I'm just guessing that Adidas will revert back to using the side stripes for the next cycle of kits after the one that is just now being leaked and released. This season Adidas used the shoulder stripes for the secondary kits of the big global clubs and now they've flipped it for 2017 with the new MLS kits all having the shoulder stripes (with the exception of ATL's secondary), and the big global clubs using the side stripes for secondary kits. So I'm just guessing they'll flip it again for the 2018/19 kits.

I never realized they did that, keep up the great work!

sigsgsg.png.dd2c63fee3388b4132af271cae3c34b5.png

Tonight I bring to you the 2018 primary kit for the Colorado Rapids. I went for a pretty straightforward look with a half and half motif that is highlighted by the mountain design from the club's crest. Other than that I wanted to implement some more light blue as well as a henley collar to provide a touch of class. I hope you guys enjoy, and any C&C on any of my designs is much appreciated as always. 

Rapids2017.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived