2018 MLS Kits (NYCFC, Chicago updated 3/16)

upperV03

Okay honestly, that is very close to my Toronto idea, dangit! Looks great though, I love the double grays.

Colorado, as well, is looking real good. That mountain split motif is really clever, and I love the C-soccer ball jock tag.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Digby said:

Okay honestly, that is very close to my Toronto idea, dangit! Looks great though, I love the double grays.

Colorado, as well, is looking real good. That mountain split motif is really clever, and I love the C-soccer ball jock tag.

Thanks Digby! And what can I say, great minds think alike I guess! I'm glad you like both kits though and I appreciate you following along.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Next up is FC Dallas, and my approach here was to return them back to the traditional red and white hoops after their last two primary kits skewed away from it. I chose to use thick and broad hoops to create a simplified and classy look, as well as increasing the amount of blue accents, including the Adidas stripes. That's pretty much it, hope you guys enjoy!

FCD2017.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Next up is Chicago, with a new primary kit.  I decided to pay homage to their second ever home kit (which was practically the same as their first) because it's the quintessential Fire home kit IMO, and because they are one club who I think should just stick to basics when it comes to their home uniform. Navy accents are abound and subtle detailing comes in the form of the jocktag and back neck graphic. Let me know what you think!

ChicagoFire2017.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

14 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

For Dallas I think the hoops should go all the way around. If they don't then blue hoops mixed in would look better.

I like that look for Chicago, especially the axes instead of a flag for the jocktag. 

Thanks for the comment! For Dallas the reason I didn't wrap the hoops all around is because MLS seems to be enforcing solid color backs and I frankly would prefer a solid red back rather than having the hoops cut off towards the bottom of the shirt to allow for the name and number. And I didn't do blue hoops because their traditional look is red and white hoops and I wanted to bring that back after their last two primary kits strayed away from it. I felt like the blue accents provided a nice amount of blue, though.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

49 minutes ago, hendocfc said:

Dallas is cool,I do think  Chicago might have too much navy though

I can understand that, and the reason I included so much navy was so that the collar and cuffs resembled those on the 1999 kit that I was paying homage to, and I felt making the adidas stripes and logos white just upset the overall color balance. In addition, I was originally going to include some navy clash shorts (in case they were to play away at RBNY, for example) and felt the navy accents tied in better with the navy alternate shorts. Here's an updated graphic with both pairs of shorts included:

ChicagoFire2017.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Thanks for the comment! For Dallas the reason I didn't wrap the hoops all around is because MLS seems to be enforcing solid color backs and I frankly would prefer a solid red back rather than having the hoops cut off towards the bottom of the shirt to allow for the name and number. And I didn't do blue hoops because their traditional look is red and white hoops and I wanted to bring that back after their last two primary kits strayed away from it. I felt like the blue accents provided a nice amount of blue, though.

I think that's an adidas thing. Mainly because UEFA has that rule about hoops not being allowed on the back of UEFA competition uniforms.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 1/31/2017 at 2:18 AM, upperV03 said:

Here's a slightly updated Sounders kit, with the gradient flipped, the shoulders and sleeves solid green, and white detailing. I feel like this version is much more refined and classy and would fit the team's primary kit aesthetic a bit more.

Sounders2017.png

I do love the gradients on this one, I think that the white stripes take it away and that if it were placed on the shoulders (based on the new kits for Atlanta United) it owuld help the design a lil more.

10 minutes ago, cwilz305 said:

I do love the gradients on this one, I think that the white stripes take it away and that if it were placed on the shoulders (based on the new kits for Atlanta United) it owuld help the design a lil more.

Thanks man! As I explained a little earlier in the thread, these kits are intended to be for 2018 and I'm using the side stripe placement because I think Adidas will be reverting back to that look next year.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

This morning I have a couple different options for the New York Red Bulls' 2018 secondary kit and I'll let you guys decide between them. For the first one, I combined a navy base with yellow and red accents and decided to implement a unique striping pattern which I originally intended to be somewhat architecturally inspired but instead ended up as more of a tribute to the striped kits that the Metrostars used to wear (with the jocktag serving as another tribute). The second option is a much more obvious tribute to the old Metrostars kits and identity, except I chose to reinterpret it in the current color scheme of the club. The old Metrostars badge is again used as the jocktag but recolored in the current colors. Let me know what you guys think and which one you prefer.

NYRB2017.png

NYRB2017(2).png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

7 minutes ago, XenonDesigns said:

In my opinion the stripes don't really work and I can't tell why. Maybe it's just because it doesn't fit with their identity and my brain is just rejecting it. Perhaps if the stripes were yellow or if they base color was another color. 

If I'm being completely honest I much prefer the first design myself, but the second one came to me after I had completed the first one and I figured I'd post it to see whether or not people shared my opinion or preferred the second one.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

24 minutes ago, hendocfc said:

Stripes look kind of Atlanta Utd tbh the other design is more "NYRBish"

Never thought I'd say that I'm glad you guys aren't liking one of my designs, but I am glad that you guys are agreeing with me in that the first design is better. Thanks for the input!

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived