2018 MLS Kits (NYCFC, Chicago updated 3/16)

upperV03

Next up is the Vancouver Whitecaps, who's due for a new secondary next year. Aside from their current "Sea to Sky" kit, I feel as though their secondary kits have been a little stale and the navy and white/silver has become a little tired. With that in mind, I decided to go in a new direction and utilize the color scheme of their NASL days. In addition, I took the wave from their NASL crest and implemented it as a sublimated graphic on the lower torso. White sleeves and bright light blue accents round it out. Let me know what you think!

Whitecaps2017.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been busy today so haven't gotten a chance to reply yet, but thank you both for the comments! @hendocfc, I initially tried to make the wave graphic white but it ended up looking far too obscure for my liking and it just looked much better when sublimated IMO. And that's another reason why I made the sleeves white, just to compensate for the graphic being sublimated and I wanted some more white in the kit than just having the entire shirt blue. I don't think there's too much white, especially when paired with the blue shorts.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Not really sure how this one will be received but next up is the Quakes. Since they updated their brand identity, all three of their secondary kits have payed tribute to their NASL roots with the red and white color scheme. I decided to abandon that route and pay tribute to their MLS roots, when they entered the league as the San Jose Clash. Utilizing the color scheme of their Clash days as trim and in the crest and league badges, I chose to use their current motion pattern and reinterpret it to be more of a zigzag/lightning bolt pattern and apply it as a sublimated sash to pay homage to the club's old crest and the overall aesthetic of the Clash brand. The rest of the kit is fairly simple, and the jocktag is an updated version of their Clash secondary logo, with the initials SJ inside. 

Quakes2017.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

4 hours ago, Broncoboy7 said:

I like this set! Very nice. Good job!

Thanks man! Here's a slightly updated version with the zig-zag graphic print covering the entire front panel of the shirt. I'm much happier with this version.

Quakes2017(2).png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I think as far as Clash-inspired looks go, this is a pretty non-gaudy version! On the original I thought the sash was the weirdest part, so I do like the all-over print part better. This integrates those Clash colors in a clever way without beating you over the head with it.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Today I have the 2018 primary kit for Real Salt Lake. After eschewing the traditional navy sleeves for their current primary shirt, I decided to revert back to their traditional look, including bringing back the navy shorts that haven't been used on the last three primary kits. In addition, I used a sublimated regal graphic print on the front of the shirt which is meant to evoke chain mail. Lastly, I put the club's lion logo inside their shield as the jocktag and used hooped socks. Let me know what you think!

RSL2017.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

After a short break, I'm back today with the LA Galaxy. I feel as though their current primary shirt is already very nice and classy, but the kit as a whole leaves a bit to be desired. I decided to go for a similar split sash design, except this time using the lighter shade of blue on the left and yellow on the right, with a thin navy stripe in the middle. The sash features a sublimated quasar pattern. I opted for a navy henley collar and navy cuffs, and, in an attempt to improve the overall color balance of the kit, I used the light blue and yellow stripes on the top of the socks. Feel free to comment if you'd like.

Galaxy2017.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I've been kinda chilling and casually observing this thread, but man! These are some amazing kit designs. I especially love the Galaxy kit. Great job keeping the same idea, but you executed it much better. I love all of these designs a lot.

spacer.png

49 minutes ago, bucknut42 said:

I've been kinda chilling and casually observing this thread, but man! These are some amazing kit designs. I especially love the Galaxy kit. Great job keeping the same idea, but you executed it much better. I love all of these designs a lot.

Thanks for the kind words! I appreciate you following along, and I'm glad you like it.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Up next is Orlando City, who is due for a new secondary in 2018. With this kit I wanted to add some more visual interest after their first two road kit efforts have been pretty underwhelming IMO. I decided on a unique design which has the top of the chest and sleeves in purple, with thin gold and red stripes bridging the gap between purple and white. Red was of course used in their branding prior to joining MLS and I thought it provided a nice pop of color to the largely purple and white kit. The socks match the design of the shirt, and white and purple shorts are both available. Let me know what you think!

Orlando2017.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Today I have a new 2018 secondary kit for the Houston Dynamo. I liked the idea of moving to a black secondary last season, but I thought they could've done more with it. The minimal space city blue accents seemed unnecessary to me and so I eliminated those in favor of a completely black and orange kit (with the exception of the sponsor logo). The shirt features an orange vertical stripe with the star and sunburnt design from the crest sublimated into it. Similar to Seattle's black and green third kit from a couple of years ago, the shorts and socks for this kit are orange with black accents. Black shorts and socks are also available in case of a clash. 

Dynamo2017.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 hours ago, hendocfc said:

Orlando City would fit Fiorentina perfectly as well...  I like the Dynamo,but I can't unsee the resemblance between it and the Dutch change top from Euro 2012

Thanks for the feedback! Funny you say that about Fiorentina because I looked at their kit history while trying to find a tasteful combination of purple, gold, and red for the Orlando kit. And I suppose I see a slight resemblance between my Dynamo kit and the Dutch 2012 change top but I think the orange shorts and socks help dispel that.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 2/14/2017 at 0:19 PM, upperV03 said:

Up next is Orlando City, who is due for a new secondary in 2018. With this kit I wanted to add some more visual interest after their first two road kit efforts have been pretty underwhelming IMO. I decided on a unique design which has the top of the chest and sleeves in purple, with thin gold and red stripes bridging the gap between purple and white. Red was of course used in their branding prior to joining MLS and I thought it provided a nice pop of color to the largely purple and white kit. The socks match the design of the shirt, and white and purple shorts are both available. Let me know what you think!

Orlando2017.png

I like it but maybe a bit too much purple at the top as being the away this would be an issue of clashing, ref would likely make them change if they played another purple team like Louisville. Great design though what template do you use?

7 minutes ago, sicknick459 said:

I like it but maybe a bit too much purple at the top as being the away this would be an issue of clashing, ref would likely make them change if they played another purple team like Louisville. Great design though what template do you use?

It is quite a bit of purple, but I think it's mostly a non-issue. Especially in MLS competition where really the only potential clashes would be with New England and Philadelphia's navy home strips and Colorado's burgundy. And even in those cases I feel like there'd be enough white in the kit to avoid a clash. You mention Louisville but they aren't in MLS so it'd really only be a potential issue if they played a team like that in the Open Cup and even then I'm sure there would be some solution. 

As far far as the template goes, it's Raysox's latest template.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Next up is New England. I had originally hoped to do something with the crest but I just don't quite have enough time for that right now. As far as the kit, I wanted to come up with something simple and classy which seems to be the direction they're taking with their kits lately. What I came up with features a white polo collar and thin sublimated hoops on the front panel of the shirt. Those same hoops are replicated on the socks.

NERevs2017.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived