NFL Soccer Crossover Project (LATEST: GREEN BAY PACKERS 3-19-17))

vicfurth

If you haven't done the Cardinals yet, could you perhaps show how they might look if they were either from Arizona or St. Louis, or even if you have done them, could you show a St. Louis-themed version for them, as well?  Just wondering, that's all.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/23/2017 at 1:44 PM, Turtle Pilgrim said:

If you haven't done the Cardinals yet, could you perhaps show how they might look if they were either from Arizona or St. Louis, or even if you have done them, could you show a St. Louis-themed version for them, as well?  Just wondering, that's all.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

I have Arizona done, but I think I have what you're looking for in another upcoming project. Stay tuned. 

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

RAVENS (Sponsor: M&T Bank)

LS7vDcK.png

As many of you know, the state of Maryland has arguably the most unique flag in the USA. That being so, I really wanted to showcase that flag for Ravens while still holding true to the team colors of purple and black. So each kit incorporates the entire flag but in different ways.

The home I made purple with black accents, like the yellow and black portion of the Baltimore coat of arms. To balance it out I incorporated the red and white portion on the shorts. 

On the away kit, I sublimated the cross onto the chest and back. The black and yellow is incorporated into the pants stripe.

C&C away, people! Wednesday we move on to the NFC North with Detroit United!

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

39 minutes ago, vicfurth said:

RAVENS (Sponsor: M&T Bank)

LS7vDcK.png

As many of you know, the state of Maryland has arguably the most unique flag in the USA. That being so, I really wanted to showcase that flag for Ravens while still holding true to the team colors of purple and black. So each kit incorporates the entire flag but in different ways.

The home I made purple with black accents, like the yellow and black portion of the Baltimore coat of arms. To balance it out I incorporated the red and white portion on the shorts. 

On the away kit, I sublimated the cross onto the chest and back. The black and yellow is incorporated into the pants stripe.

C&C away, people! Wednesday we move on to the NFC North with Detroit United!

I love how you're taking characteristics of each teams franchise and incorporating them into unique soccer jerseys. Bravo ? 

12 hours ago, vicfurth said:

I have Arizona done, but I think I have what you're looking for in another upcoming project. Stay tuned. 

Please keep me posted, and I'd appreciate it if you'd also check out my still-new "An Alternate Sports Universe" thread periodically, et cetera, as well, if and when you like and can, Vic.  Of course, that also goes for the rest of you ladies and gentlemen.  Thanks in advance if you do, for that matter, as well.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

On 2/27/2017 at 8:11 PM, Weapon X said:

I love how you're taking characteristics of each teams franchise and incorporating them into unique soccer jerseys. Bravo ? 

Thank you! I wanted to do more than simply translating their football counterparts onto soccer kits. Glad that's translating over.

DETROIT LIONS (Sponsor: Ford Motor Company)

fe8YmAJ.png

Detroit was a really, really fun one for me. I got a lot of inspiration from older sets and logos while blending them with a more modern soccer design.

The home kit is obviously all-white and the designed is inspired by this old logo. Two big stripes come down the front of the kit with shoulder/sleeve striping with the same design. I also continued this on the shorts for one complete look.

The away/clash kit is more unique. Rather than Honolulu blue, I went with purple and gold; the colors of the Portsmouth Spartans. I didn't fully copy the old design but gave homage with the gold v-stripe. The cuffs and shorts stripes are gold as well.

What do you think? Chicago is coming next, and you don't want to miss it!

1 hour ago, vicfurth said:

DETROIT LIONS (Sponsor: Ford Motor Company)

fe8YmAJ.png

Detroit was a really, really fun one for me. I got a lot of inspiration from older sets and logos while blending them with a more modern soccer design.

The home kit is obviously all-white and the designed is inspired by this old logo. Two big stripes come down the front of the kit with shoulder/sleeve striping with the same design. I also continued this on the shorts for one complete look.

The away/clash kit is more unique. Rather than Honolulu blue, I went with purple and gold; the colors of the Portsmouth Spartans. I didn't fully copy the old design but gave homage with the gold v-stripe. The cuffs and shorts stripes are gold as well.

What do you think? Chicago is coming next, and you don't want to miss it!

Im glad you used the old logo as inspiration for the kit I was hoping you would.

Only knit pic I have is on some of your away kits your team logos will be their original colors but are on a kit that's drastically different, so maybe change the colors of the logo to make it fit with the kit similar as you did to Miami?

FC CHICAGO (Sponsor: Caterpillar)

IZB2zv7.png

This one is probably my favorite in the division, seeing as orange/navy is one of my favorite color combinations. The home kit, like many of my kits, is inspired by the early days of the NFL. In this case, we're throwing back to 1936. The shoulders and sleeves are striped, along with the socks. I added the four stars from the Chicago flag on the neckline. Love the way this turned out.

The away/clash is, alternatively, much more of a modern kit. The orange stripes slowly take over the jersey, which is paired with blue shorts like the home. The four stars are on the sleeve instead of the collar.

• 2 weeks later...

GREEN BAY PACKERS (Sponsor: Sargento Cheese)

9DegYWC.png

Here we have our first (and only) kit with two separate sponsors, Green Bay Packers. I did that so I could throw back the away kit to Green Bay's original looks.

The home kit features a sash stripe across the front. This stripe mimics their American football counterpart. I also toned down the yellow to more of a saturated old gold, creating a unique look that stays really different from the away.

The away kit, as mentioned, is a full-on throwback to the 1920s, including the tan shorts. It's incredibly simple, but that's the beauty. I really like this kit. 

Finishing out the NFC North tomorrow with Minnesota. Don't miss it!

Archived