Sioux Falls Thunder FC | NPSL

hettinger_rl

Yesterday I saw that the Sioux Falls Thunder FC's logo was put on the mothership. I immediatly thought "that needs to go!" So I thought I'd try my hand at making a soccer crest for them. I had several ideas in my head and whittled them all down to what I have so far. I'm thinking of scrapping that bolt all together and trying to give image to the city name Sioux (arrowhead) Falls (directional stripes that appear to waterfall over an edge). What I need help with is knowing if I'm going in a good direction for this crest or do I need to scrap this and look in another direction? Please add your thoughts.

Current:                                                    Concept:                                                        

5966_sioux_falls__thunder_fc-primary-2017.png     1p.png

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

If you could come up with a thunderbolt similar to that on the Chargers sleeves it could work when placed at the top of the logo. Right now, without any wording or soccer accents it looks like the sign for the water district. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Are you going to keep the "Thunder" moniker? If so, then you probably should try and work in a bolt somehow. But I REALLY like the direction you've take thus far. The arrowhead shape works very well as a soccer crest and the change in direction of the lines gives a nice effect that may not even be apparent at first as to what it represents but makes total sense once you realize what it represents.

gYH2mW9.png

45 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

If you could come up with a thunderbolt similar to that on the Chargers sleeves it could work when placed at the top of the logo. Right now, without any wording or soccer accents it looks like the sign for the water district. 

3 minutes ago, GeauxColonels said:

Are you going to keep the "Thunder" moniker? If so, then you probably should try and work in a bolt somehow. But I REALLY like the direction you've take thus far. The arrowhead shape works very well as a soccer crest and the change in direction of the lines gives a nice effect that may not even be apparent at first as to what it represents but makes total sense once you realize what it represents.

Thanks for the feedback. I will try to work in a bolt, at least it'll be a better looking one than what's on the current crest. Once you mentioned adding the wormarks I realized that I'd better make a little room for them. How does this work? Are there still enough of the "falls" to translate?

2P.png3P.png

15 minutes ago, hettinger_rl said:

Here is the next step. Does the word "thunder" need to be on there? I feel like there is SO much stuff on there that it's losing some symbolism.

5P.png

I feel like the ball needs to be simplified and the outlines on it could use to be bolder. I like the direction it's heading in though. Perhaps you should make FC white.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

On 1/27/2017 at 11:48 AM, GeauxColonels said:

I think so....just maybe not as well as before.

On 1/27/2017 at 3:04 PM, ZionEagle said:

Looks better yes :D 

On 1/27/2017 at 10:38 AM, MJWalker45 said:

Which works best?

A                                                           B                                                         C                                                     

5P.png5aP.png6P.png

D                                                         E

6aP.png5966_sioux_falls__thunder_fc-primary-2017.png

Simplify the ball. You do not need the outlines around the "white hexagons" part of the ball. (example: Colorado Rapids logo, New York Red Bulls logo).

Choice C is a good design, but the red and blue are causing vibration. Add a thin white stroke on THUNDER and remove the red stroke on the ball.

On 1/27/2017 at 5:46 PM, Whitefoot said:

Simplify the ball. You do not need the outlines around the "white hexagons" part of the ball. (example: Colorado Rapids logo, New York Red Bulls logo).

Choice C is a good design, but the red and blue are causing vibration. Add a thin white stroke on THUNDER and remove the red stroke on the ball.

New choice:

A                              B                             C

6aP.png 7P.png 6P.png                                  

Archived