infrared41's Who am I? Super Bowl LI Edition.

infrared41

20 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

As the story goes, my parents met at a Browns game in 1982, against New England, where Bahr kicked a last second winning field goal so, I dunno, I might owe my existence to him, haha.

The '82 Browns made the playoffs. Then again, it was a strike-shortened season, the Browns were 4-5, and they got blown out by the Raiders in the playoffs. B)

Seriously though, that's a cool story. Are your parents from Ohio or was the game in Foxborough? FWIW, I attended my first Browns game in 1982. They beat the Steelers 10-9. 

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gerry Philbin

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

4 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

Gerry Philbin

OnWis97 gets on the board with Gerry Philbin.

I. Jets (1), Eagles (2).

II. AFL and NFL with the Jets. 

III. Philbin also played for the WFL's New York Stars.

IV. Gerry Philbin is not related to Regis Philbin...as far as I know anyway. 

ycJMM1T.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

Round XXI

I. The teams I played for have a combined total of seven Super Bowl appearances.

II. I was drafted by two teams - both of them are known for their Super Bowl futility.

III. I am one of 11 players to have played in every one of this team's Super Bowl appearances.

IV. I am one of two players from this colorful crew to be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. 

Who am I?

BB52Big.jpg

3 minutes ago, Walter Sobchak said:

Carl Eller.

Walter Sobchak is running away with this thing. Put another one on the scoreboard with Carl Eller.

I. Vikings (4), Seahawks (3).

II. Eller was drafted by the Vikings in the NFL draft and the Bills in the AFL draft. Both teams are known for being 0-4 in the Super Bowl.

III. Eller played in all four Vikings Super Bowl appearances.

IV. "Purple People Eaters" Eller and Alan Page are in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. 

bmK8Pk5.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

Keena Turner

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

10 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

Keena Turner

OnWis97 with the score. In what may be the cheesiest set of clues I've ever used, Keena Turner is correct.

Clues I thru V were bad plays on words from Tina Turner song titles. I almost went with one clue: "Ike and________."

klDJ3Em.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

Round XXIII

I. The teams I played for have a combined total of three Super Bowl appearances.

II. I hold the top two spots for the longest play of this kind. 

III. I am in the top ten all time in this statistical category. 

IV. I am the all time yardage leader in this statistical category.

V. I am tied for the top spot in this postseason statistic.

Who am I? 

BB52Big.jpg

Ed Reed

POTD (Shared)

2 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

Ed Reed

OnWis97 starting the comeback! Ed Reed is correct.

I. Ravens (2), Texans (0), Jets (1).

II. Reed holds the top two spots for longest interception return for a TD.

III. He is #6 on the all time interception list. 

IV. Reed is the all time leader in interception return yardage.

V. He is tied for the top spot in postseason interceptions with 9.

prDpctu.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

Round XXIV

I. The teams I played for have a combined total of 12 Super Bowl appearances.

II. My name sounds more like an investment firm than an NFL player.

III. My nick name is literally a cleaning company. 

IV. I am this team's all time leader in this statistic. 

V. Speaking of that team, I was one of the few players that was able to accomplish much of anything (and it wasn't all that much) in our first (and my only) trip to the Super Bowl. 

Who am I? 

BB52Big.jpg

Stanley Morgan?

POTD (Shared)

Got on at the right time today... I remember hearing Kenna Turner's name as a kid and doing a double-take.

POTD (Shared)

25 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

Stanley Morgan?

Shades of the Bills comeback against the Oilers here. OnWis97 finds the endzone again with Stanley Morgan.

I. Patriots (8), Colts (4).

II. A reference to Morgan Stanley.

III. Morgan's nickname was "Stanley Steemer." 

IV. He is the Patriots all time leader in receiving yards.

V. Morgan had six catches for 51 yards in Super Bowl XX against the Bears. Believe it or not, that was one of the better New England stat lines for the game. 

wYKxLYJ.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

Round XXV

I. The team I played for has appeared in five Super Bowls.

II. I was part of one of the epic plays in playoff history in one of the most epic games in playoff history.

III. Speaking of that play, it's often called by the wrong name. For the last time, this hardware store item has nothing to do with it.

IV. Like Stanley Morgan, my name would work just as well as a company selling these ballpark staples.

Who am I? 

BB52Big.jpg

Archived