• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, charger77 said:

Fun concept series... Would you consider doing the opposite, Whalers in Canes colors, Nords on an Avs template etc...

I plan on taking the series further than just this theme, as far as I can and still stick with the thought behind the name... more to come

Thank you for the feedback everyone, Jet-Yotes up asap!

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

As was sugged by @ColeJ, the Arizona Coyotes take on the Jets red, white, and blue. I used a Yotes striping pattern of sorts on the arms cut off in Winnipeg's style with the moderate change, two stripes between two different colors, subtly representing motion. 

image.jpeg

My next post of the North-Stars will be my last in this theme of old-to-new teams, with a new topic being worked on after that. So let me know what you think of the Jets-Coyotes mashup and if I missed any that you'd like to see! Thanks!

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

Alright, so the last of the old-to-new franchise concepts is the Dallas Stars in the design of their old Stars counterparts, the Minnesota North Stars. The North Stars had three distinctly different looks during their tenure in the NHL but I decided to use their green/black/yellow scheme because I think it fits best with Dallas' current design in a mashup function. I also used Minnesota's 3D number look to add pop to a relatively simple jersey. Thank you so much for the feedback on this sub-series, teasers for the next theme up soon!:P

image.jpeg

Lz5f6vZ.png

Dallas might be the best one yet. It doesn't stray far from their jerseys right now, but the yellow really brings back their history. The away jersey reminds me of their unused jersey, which is personally one of my all-time favorites. One suggestion would be to add a yoke on the away. Great work! 

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

If you dropped the yellow from the bevel in the Dallas logo, kept it light silver, and simply change the logo's outline to yellow, I'd be perfectly okay with those becoming our primary jerseys some day.

On February 19, 2017 at 8:47 PM, NoE38 said:

Dallas might be the best one yet. It doesn't stray far from their jerseys right now, but the yellow really brings back their history. The away jersey reminds me of their unused jersey, which is personally one of my all-time favorites. One suggestion would be to add a yoke on the away. Great work! 

4 hours ago, mee said:

That Dallas one..Wow.

1 hour ago, ColeJ said:

If you dropped the yellow from the bevel in the Dallas logo, kept it light silver, and simply change the logo's outline to yellow, I'd be perfectly okay with those becoming our primary jerseys some day.

Thank you so much! It means a lot to hear such great feedback.

If you guessed from the teasers, the next theme of the series is how teams would have looked in the 1920's! I'll be taking teams with more recent inaugural years and making them look like they came into the NHL almost a century ago, like Calgary in the Heritage Classic and Washington in the Winter Classic a few years ago. I'll also be making new logos, although they'll be 20's era simple, and in most cases a new color scheme too. First up are the Anaheim Ducks, whose name's meaning becomes a lot more literal since their namesake movie was not to come out for another 70 or so years. I decided to use a mallard green and only that, besides white, and a silhouette of a duck flying with that special kind of vintage imperfection. Let me know what you think of the new theme and jerseys, along with any other teams you'd like to see get taken back in time! 

image.jpeg

Lz5f6vZ.png

How about the Blues with a design at least partly influenced by both Cardinals teams in my favorite teams list, along with the baseball Browns and the NHL Eagles, at least?  All of which were in St. Louis once upon a time, whether or not they still are.  And perhaps you can even include touches reminiscent of the Hawks, at least, for that matter, if and when you do the Blues here?  Turtle Pilgrim out.

P.S.  My favorite teams include the MLB Cardinals, NFL Cardinals (especially the St. Louis-era Cardinals), the NBA 76'ers, and the NHL Blues, but are not necessarily limited to them.  I do not know why my favorite teams are not showing when I view the forums yet, but maybe one of you can tell me how to make them visible to me, at least, if not also to others here.  Thanks in advance, if you do.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

2 hours ago, Turtle Pilgrim said:

How about the Blues with a design at least partly influenced by both Cardinals teams in my favorite teams list, along with the baseball Browns and the NHL Eagles, at least?  All of which were in St. Louis once upon a time, whether or not they still are.  And perhaps you can even include touches reminiscent of the Hawks, at least, for that matter, if and when you do the Blues here?  Turtle Pilgrim out.

P.S.  My favorite teams include the MLB Cardinals, NFL Cardinals (especially the St. Louis-era Cardinals), the NBA 76'ers, and the NHL Blues, but are not necessarily limited to them.  I do not know why my favorite teams are not showing when I view the forums yet, but maybe one of you can tell me how to make them visible to me, at least, if not also to others here.  Thanks in advance, if you do.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

Could you give more information? Do you mean a signature, like what appears at the bottom of your posts, or something else?

spacer.png

Just now, NoE38 said:

Could you give more information? Do you mean a signature, like what appears at the bottom of your posts, or something else?

I mean, like you see a user's avatar/cover picture, and then information under it, such as favorite logos and/or teams, for instance.  I can see some information about other people here, but not for me, when I'm looking at a thread, for instance, while logged in.  I can see signatures at times, at least, but not the side information, in terms of myself, at the moment, it seems,  Turtle Pilgrim out.

2 hours ago, Turtle Pilgrim said:

It can be tough to include a subtle nod to another team on a jersey, let alone 4 or 5, and it wouldn't make much sense to represent teams that have nothing to do with the Blues or St. Louis. Not trying to shoot down your request, it would just be too hard to pull off. I'd be happy to do the Blues with just a St. Louis Cardinals nod though! 

And to edit your information, just click your profile pic up in the top right corner, and then click edit profile once you're on your homepage, then just fill in your info

Lz5f6vZ.png

13 minutes ago, Turtle Pilgrim said:

I mean, like you see a user's avatar/cover picture, and then information under it, such as favorite logos and/or teams, for instance.  I can see some information about other people here, but not for me, when I'm looking at a thread, for instance, while logged in.  I can see signatures at times, at least, but not the side information, in terms of myself, at the moment, it seems,  Turtle Pilgrim out.

Go to favorite logos, and write them there. That's as close as you can get AFAIK.

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, Bruins said:

It can be tough to include a subtle nod to another team on a jersey, let alone 4 or 5, and it wouldn't make much sense to represent teams that have nothing to do with the Blues or St. Louis. Not trying to shoot down your request, it would just be too hard to pull off. I'd be happy to do the Blues with just a St. Louis Cardinals nod though! 

And to edit your information, just click your profile pic up in the top right corner, and then click edit profile once you're on your homepage, then just fill in your info

Actually, all teams mentioned do or did have ties to St. Louis.  The Browns were in STL for over half a century before becoming the current Orioles.  The NFL Cards were in STL from roughly 1960 to 1988.  The NHL Eagles were once the original Ottawa Senators, I believe, before they folded, and the NBA Hawks spent time in STL between their times in Milwaukee and Atlanta, if memory serves.  So, yes, they do now, or at least they once did have ties to St. Louis, and that's why I suggested them as I did.

Thank you for your quick response.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

5 minutes ago, Turtle Pilgrim said:

Actually, all teams mentioned do or did have ties to St. Louis.  The Browns were in STL for over half a century before becoming the current Orioles.  The NFL Cards were in STL from roughly 1960 to 1988.  The NHL Eagles were once the original Ottawa Senators, I believe, before they folded, and the NBA Hawks spent time in STL between their times in Milwaukee and Atlanta, if memory serves.  So, yes, they do now, or at least they once did have ties to St. Louis, and that's why I suggested them as I did.

You are right about that, sorry

Lz5f6vZ.png

6 hours ago, Bruins said:

You are right about that, sorry

Not a problem, glad I could help you by sharing that information with you.  If you're a fan of the Red Sox, for instance, do you think you could check out An Alternate Sports Universe thread in the Sports Fan Fiction section, and let me know what you think, et cetera, please?  Thanks in advance if you do.  I'm not yet sure of its link details, however.  That is all for now, and I hope I can help you again in the future, in certain ways, if possible.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

The Nashville Predators are up next, and are the first recipient of the full arm striping, the innermost stripe representing the teeth on their current logo. I went with the most vintage looking color scheme I could for the Preds and a simple logo with a block N and the circle and stars of the Nashville flag. Keep up the great feedback, @Turtle Pilgrim's Blues up next!

image.jpeg

Lz5f6vZ.png

Looking forwards to seeing what God leads you to come up with, Bruins.  I do like my Blues quite a bit, even though I'm nowhere near their territory in real life now, nor am I even in their home state, either.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

P.S.  How about doing the NHL Eagles in like manner, but with the Blues and the other applicable teams potentially influencing their look as well?  Just a thought you might consider, if you like and can.  Thanks for your comments.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

P.P.S.  Perhaps you could also do the Blues and/or NHL Eagles with Spirits of St. Louis-related touches, whether or not you also work touches related to the other appropriate teams, into the applicable designs.  The Spirits of St. Louis were in the ABA that the Spurs and other teams joined the NBA from, by the way.  And, as a matter of fact, there was even another NBA team in the STL area called the Bombers in the 1940's or so, it seems, before the Hawks moved to STL from Milwaukee.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

Archived