Constellation Project

mcrosby

I've started another big project, and would love to hear opinions on it as I go. I'm going to be using a similar approach as to my previous maps, two of which you can see here: 

TGa4OZ4.jpg

vqJz7IG.jpg

I've started with the digital aspect, and thus far, I'm pretty happy. I do think I've been looking at it for far too long, and could use some outside opinions. I'm hoping to find a printer that will be able to print the 'copper' in a metallic ink. 

tCMjd2I.png

auFb1Bi.png

And an option with a representation of our Solar System:

CenpZVx.png

jg0MAce.png

I've done some tests of how to best include the illustration. Thus far, I've been a fan of the inverted black on white drawing. I think it gives a starry, dreamy, ghostly feeling that works well for representing constellations. 

dribconst.png

Dude, this is fantastic, not one thing bad about it, I think the idea with the metallic copper ink would make it pop soooo much. I hope you find the right print shop, because I want it as a self-gift for completely dominating this semester. :D

Will it be a larger or smaller print, or is that still undecided?

2 hours ago, OliverP said:

Dude, this is fantastic, not one thing bad about it, I think the idea with the metallic copper ink would make it pop soooo much. I hope you find the right print shop, because I want it as a self-gift for completely dominating this semester. :D

Will it be a larger or smaller print, or is that still undecided?

It will hopefully be at 24"x36". I'm glad you like it. Do you have any suggestions for illustrating the constellations? I want to try to represent them relating to each other, instead of just floating about individually. Things like Sagittarius pointing his arrow at Scorpios heart, Scorpio threatening to sting Ophiucus' foot.

Archived