gek_6

Lions New Logo and Uniforms 2017

29 minutes ago, Yippy said:

n725075089_288918_2774.jpg

I'm saying how does one take this photo and just turn up the saturation to reveal what's behind it

IMG_2112.PNG

33 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

OK, based on the above, this is what I think I'm seeing...

ajunk2_zpsl5cfz8xm.png

I threw it together pretty quick, so it's rough, I pulled that font completely out of my arse and I'm sure I'm missing lots of details, but I think that's kind of what we can make out from the picture (minus the throwback).

I don't think the helmet will have white stripes...I see just blue NW stripes (would match the sleeve stripes).  And I think the wordmark might be on both sleeves.

2 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I don't think the helmet will have white stripes...I see just blue NW stripes.

This was my interpretation, too. Hard to say for sure, but that was my initial read on it. I think these are ok. Not as good as they could have been, but not bad by any means. So long as there isn't something dumb we can't see on the helmet or pants.

I'm interested if the throwback is a "true" throwback with the old font or if it uses the new font.

Also, not really a fan of the gray jersey. And if they had to have one, I think blue numbers would have looked way better than white.

19 minutes ago, detam said:

I'm saying how does one take this photo and just turn up the saturation to reveal what's behind it

IMG_2112.PNG

A little thing called "Photoshop", and using things like Levels and/or Brightness/Contrast.

Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 2.31.51 PM.png

21 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

I... kinda like it.

Strangely, I do too...

2 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

A little thing called "Photoshop", and using things like Levels.

Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 2.31.51 PM.png

I mean to that clarity? When I'm off work I'm going to try it haha also If these are real Idk why rod wood said the lions would have a different throwback then the previous ones

47 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

ajunk2_zpsl5cfz8xm.png

I threw it together pretty quick, so it's rough, I pulled that font completely out of my arse and I'm sure I'm missing lots of details, but I think that's kind of what we can make out from the picture (minus the throwback).

I think the numbers are one solid color, no outline. Blue has grey numbers and white has blue numbers grey has white with blue outline

Based on the picture, there is no white in the the helmet stripes and the "Lions" only seems to appear in the right shoulder sleeve.  (As it's not visible on Marvin Jones left shoulder.)

Also doesn't appear that the "Lions" is outlined in white or grey.  Lion on the helmet is outlined in Blue.  Not sure how shiny the facemask is based off the picture.  May be grey, may be silver.  Guess we'll find out shortly.   If the pants are standard and don't go all "Browns" on us, then I'm not hating it.

Could do without the "Lions" on the sleeve and I would have preferred a blue facemask, but overall it seems to be a decent update.

Lions1.jpg

9 minutes ago, detam said:

I mean to that clarity? When I'm off work I'm going to try it haha also If these are real Idk why rod wood said the lions would have a different throwback then the previous ones

A lot of practice and knowing little tricks to try. Also, they may have been able to find a better quality version than the sample you showed.

56 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

ajunk2_zpsl5cfz8xm.png

With the exception of the wordmark on the sleeve and the chrome mask, this would be pretty darn nice.  I really like their old traditional helmet stripes, but this pattern one looks pretty good too.

Unfortunately, while your drawing implies (or at least I infer from it) the wordmarks on the left sleeve, they appear to be on the right (or is it both?).  I have OCD about that...if only one sleeve has a patch, it should be the left (probably because of MLB uniforms).

33 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I don't think the helmet will have white stripes...I see just blue NW stripes (would match the sleeve stripes).  And I think the wordmark might be on both sleeves.

Good catch...I like the white on the helmet but what you say makes sense.

EDIT: Though without the logic of matching the sleeves, gun to my head, I feel like I see the white.

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

ajunk2_zpsl5cfz8xm.png

I really hope there is no double outline on the lion but I fear it will be exactly that way. 

Anybody else notice that 'lion fur' print in the background of the image? I bet it's printed on every number like the Seahawks pattern.

54 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

Based on the picture, there is no white in the the helmet stripes and the "Lions" only seems to appear in the right shoulder sleeve.  (As it's not visible on Marvin Jones left shoulder.)

Also doesn't appear that the "Lions" is outlined in white or grey.  Lion on the helmet is outlined in Blue.  Not sure how shiny the facemask is based off the picture.  May be grey, may be silver.  Guess we'll find out shortly.   If the pants are standard and don't go all "Browns" on us, then I'm not hating it.

Could do without the "Lions" on the sleeve and I would have preferred a blue facemask, but overall it seems to be a decent update.

Lions1.jpg

How'd they screw this up I'll never know. Should have kept what they had in comparisons to this garbage.

I am not saying boo-urns or boo-tista. These suck.

While the wordmark is admittedly a bit of a misstep, I really don't think it's going to make the gestalt of the uniform look as disastrous as the Browns, Bucs, and Jags sets. As long as they succeed in certain other key areas (pleasant striping, a decent helmet, normal pants, attractive numbers, restrained combos, etc.) it shouldn't ruin the uniform to look at as a whole.

4 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Matches the franchise.

The Lions had an opportunity to knock this out of the park and have one of the best sets in the league. But, in pure, typical Lions fashion, they fail miserably. 

Doesn't every team have an opportunity to "knock this out of the park and have one of the best sets in the league"?

1 hour ago, Esco said:

How'd they screw this up I'll never know. Should have kept what they had in comparisons to this garbage.

Yeah, I don't get how they leaked their own uniforms two times in a row. It's beyond me.

So I'm no photoshop guy, but did they essentially adjust the brightness or contrast or saturation until they got the black effect that they wanted, but then instead of making a copy of that so that it was only ever black, they posted the original which could be reversed engineered to get the full-color picture?