Lions New Logo and Uniforms 2017

gek_6

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate the idea of "LIONS" on the sleeve.  But most of all, I keep hearing "chrome facemasks"  I thought that was a dying fad in college football. 

C'mon.  Honolulu blue and silver.  Stripes, not wordmark.  White alt pants would be cool.  That's enough. 

I think the blue should be a bit cool, with a bit of gray mixed in, not as vivid to make it seam like Carolina blue.

The David P. Woods one is not exactly how I'd have done it, but if this ends up being close to accurate, they'll still be top third of the league:

• Good:
    • No true craziness.  Normal, unified striping.
    • Still a great helmet logo.
    • Great color scheme/no black.
  • Disappointing:
    • "Lions" across the sleeve
    • Could use a little white in the helmet stripes.
    • I really, really want the traditional helmet stripes
    • Number font...I like the classics
    • If it were up to me, I'd give 'em a blue facemask.

The "School" tweet looks even better.  I like what the white does to the stripes.

Overall, this is looking good.  The wordmark on the sleeve is a minus, but not a huge minus.  We lived through ovals on the sleeve stripes in Green Bay and San Francisco.  This is kinda along those lines.  Far less egregious than Cleveland's pants.  Given the new crap we've gotten from Tampa, Jacksonville, and Seattle in recent years, either of these would be a huge win.

I think the final result will be somewhat close to this.  The only worry is the possibility of sublimation.

But this has the potential to be the best NFL change in a long, long time.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'm just glad they ditched the black.  They looked worse for it.  Lions should always be a vivid blue, shiny silver/gray, and white.  

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

11 minutes ago, CS85 said:

I'm just glad they ditched the black.  They looked worse for it.  Lions should always be a vivid blue, shiny silver/gray, and white.  

Maybe it's just me since I'm younger, and maybe they added black to appeal to the younger population, but I actually like how the black worked with the whole color scheme and uniforms, it was utilized well imo 

33 minutes ago, MGoBlue98 said:

Maybe it's just me since I'm younger, and maybe they added black to appeal to the younger population, but I actually like how the black worked with the whole color scheme and uniforms, it was utilized well imo 

I agree. The black never bothered me since it was mostly used as an outline on their numbers and stripes (2009-2016 uniforms). All they had to do was change their facemask back to blue and it would've looked so much better. Black can be used to enhance a team's identity when used correctly and I thought they did that when they updated their set in 2009. 

40 minutes ago, dont care said:

The number font is trash also

The one thing I've noticed with Nike and all of their "rebrands" and new uniforms and logos for NFL teams is that, and correct me if I'm wrong, they all have their own unique number font that no other team in the league has.

Archived