Lions New Logo and Uniforms 2017

gek_6

14 minutes ago, TVIXX said:

All I can say about this is

the best dressed division just gets better

Who's changing in the AFC East?  Or were you talking about the NFC East?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/4/2017 at 9:58 PM, TVIXX said:

All I can say about this is

the best dressed division just gets better

There's really not a lot to complain about in the NFC North anymore.  We can nitpick at some things (particularly on the Vikings) but overall, it's traditional teams looking traditional.  This is, of course, assuming the Lions don't throw some kind of a Nike curve ball, but I tend to think their uniform will be on the tame side.

EDIT: No pun intended with "tame."

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

On 2/4/2017 at 10:12 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

Who's changing in the AFC East?  Or were you talking about the NFC East?

Well, in the AFC East, you have stale piping in New England, a cruise ship logo in Miami, and the inability to match greens in New York.

In the NFC East, you have 18 different shades of silver/blue or some such color in Dallas, and a gone stale midnight green with too-close in color black and charcoal as highlights.

Not sure you can point to similar issues in the Norris Division.

It's where I sit.

42 minutes ago, gek_6 said:

you're joking about the AFC East right?

AFC and NFC East were just the first things that came to mind when I went to make the joke - I didn't really think that much about each division.  That being said...

AFC East:

I like NE's uniforms.

I really like the Jets uniforms (though I hate that Nike can't match the greens.)

I don't care for the Dolphins.

I really like (not love) the Bills.  

NFC East:

I disagree that the Eagles green is stale.  I think it's a cohesive look that has stood the test of time.  Except the black - that sucks.

I dislike the Cowboys mismatched silver/blue/green, and the black.

I like Washington's colors a lot, though their striping needs to be fixed.  One of the best helmets in the league IMO.

The Giants have a classic look, even despite the mismatched road jersey.  They're risking it though with the white pants.  Pick one color or the other.

NFC Norris:

Vikings number font is dumb, and the pants stripe is backwards (thick should be in front IMO.)

Bears are great.

Packers are great.

Detroit is kind of a mess with the black that just looks added on and the dumb font.  We'll see if this makeover improves them.  Assuming it does, then yeah I'd put the NFC Central ahead of both Easts.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 2/4/2017 at 10:15 PM, jp1409 said:

AFC East? Best dressed?

Not a chance. The Jets can't match the greens, Miami is too bland for a team whose uniforms shoulde be flashy. And New England needs to ditch the side piping and grey hoops on the blue jerseys. Only Buffalo has a beautiful uniform in that division. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Not a chance. The Jets can't match the greens, Miami is too bland for a team whose uniforms shoulde be flashy. And New England needs to ditch the side piping and grey hoops on the blue jerseys. Only Buffalo has a beautiful uniform in that division. 

Afc west imo is the best 

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

7 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

1. NFC North 

2. AFC West 

3. NFC East 

4. AFC East 

5. AFC North

6. NFC South

7. NFC West 

8. AFC South 

Every time I felt like disagreeing with this list I thought about each team in my head and realized . . . there are too many bad uniform sets in the NFL.

19 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

1. NFC North 

2. AFC West 

3. NFC East 

4. AFC East 

5. AFC North

6. NFC South

7. NFC West 

8. AFC South 

AFC South? I realize the Jags are a trainwreck, but the Texans, Titans and Colts aren't bad. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

21 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

AFC South? I realize the Jags are a trainwreck, but the Texans, Titans and Colts aren't bad. 

The Colts have a great look. Texans aren't bad just generic, they have a good look considering the others that came out around that time (Bills, Cardinals, Falcons). Tennessee badly needs the refresh they're getting in 2018. The Jags yea they speak for themselves

1 hour ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Meh...Titans are long overdue for a revamp and the Texans have the most generic uniform in sports. The NFC might be worse, though.

They're not even the most generic uniforms in their division. And generic doesn't mean bad. Case in point, the Colts.

spacer.png

On 2/6/2017 at 2:48 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

Well, in the AFC East, you have stale piping in New England, a cruise ship logo in Miami, and the inability to match greens in New York.

In the NFC East, you have 18 different shades of silver/blue or some such color in Dallas, and a gone stale midnight green with too-close in color black and charcoal as highlights.

Not sure you can point to similar issues in the Norris Division.

Don't forget the Bills' tapered helmet stripe in the AFC East. I like their uniforms overall but that bugs me.

Archived