Lions New Logo and Uniforms 2017

gek_6

36 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

If this was a thread about the Steelers, then people may be saying it.  It's like saying in a Joe Mixon thread that you can't complain about him punching that girl because nobody is complaining about someone totally unrelated to the story that also punched a girl.  There are plenty of people that have issue with the Steelers and other teams with similar striping problems.

I get why it's not said in this exact thread, but if anything I've seen more people defend the Steelers stripes than oppose them.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

I get why it's not said in this exact thread, but if anything I've seen more people defend the Steelers stripes than oppose them.

Please cite examples.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

If this was a thread about the Steelers, then people may be saying it.  It's like saying in a Joe Mixon thread that you can't complain about him punching that girl because nobody is complaining about someone totally unrelated to the story that also punched a girl.  There are plenty of people that have issue with the Steelers and other teams with similar striping problems.

That's your opinion, but it's not mine.  That's a big problem.  So big that they (and pretty much every other team that is a heavy user of sleeve striping) should totally rethink how they want their uniform to look.  Whether it's having the stripes run vertical, changing them to shoulder hoops (that actually go most of the way around, like Carolina's), or just doing away with it altogether.  The half-stripe look is a bad one.

Sleeve stripes at this point are glorified sleeve logos. 

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

4 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Please cite examples.

Go ahead and search "Steelers Sleeve Stripes" or at least some variation in the search bar. There's plenty of posts about how "classic" the sleeve stripes are and how they shouldn't change. I found maybe one or two opposing the stripes.

48 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Go ahead and search "Steelers Sleeve Stripes" or at least some variation in the search bar. There's plenty of posts about how "classic" the sleeve stripes are and how they shouldn't change. I found maybe one or two opposing the stripes.

That's not how it works when one makes claims. 

The prosecutor doesnt ask the jury to google for evidence. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The dolphins throwbacks have similar striping and don't have to work the Nike swoosh into the stripes.. Plus, even on the cuts with the smallest sleeves, there's still plenty of room at the bottom where they could actually shift things down a bit and make even more swoosh room

8 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

That's not how it works when one makes claims. 

The prosecutor doesnt ask the jury to google for evidence. 

You needed examples:

On 6/28/2016 at 7:27 PM, guest23 said:

I don't need the sleeve stripe pattern to match the pants unless you go with a monochrome top/bottom...in the traditional situations like the steelers, bears, etc I think the sleeve stripes can stand on their own as that was the fashion at the time...If you have helmet stripe it should typically follow the flow of the pants or vice/versa...sock stripes matching sleeve stripes is also a pretty good idea...washington is a bona fide mess of a uniform though, they remind me of a 1980's high school.

On 7/31/2016 at 5:32 PM, kroywen said:

NFL: Steelers. The black and gold work perfectly together, and have tons of historical significance for the city. The sleeve stripes, while unfortunately truncated by modern uniform cuts, are probably the best in all of football. I love the quirkiness of the asymmetrical helmet. I wish they'd dump the italic numbers, but willing to overlook that.

1 minute ago, DNAsports said:

Welcome to the Sports Logos thread, where the only opinion that seems to matter is your own and everyone else is wrong.

This place holds itself to a certain standard. People will respect any claim you make if you can back it up. 

Just now, Ice_Cap said:

This place holds itself to a certain standard. People will respect any claim you make if you can back it up. 

I had thought I saw more clear claims of people liking the stripes as opposed to not liking them. Obviously I missed that.

1 hour ago, Ice_Cap said:

And others will go to such lengths to parse and/or challenge any claim that the conversation's drag factor trumps any other consideration.

10 hours ago, DNAsports said:

You needed examples:

Neither of those bear any relevance to this thread.

The first one is simply stating that consistency in striping patterns isn't required.  The second one is stating that of the teams with stripes, the Steelers have the best.

You're acting like your opinion doesn't matter, which isn't the case.  It matters as much as mine does.  Mine happens to be that most (if not all) horizontal sleeve stripe patterns are antiquated, don't fit with modern uniform templates, and should be scrapped.  I'm really not even sure what point you're trying to make by (incorrectly) claiming that people like the Steelers stripes but not the Lions.  

6 hours ago, Sleeper66 said:

And others will go to such lengths to parse and/or challenge any claim that the conversation's drag factor trumps any other consideration.

This place often does hold itself to a certain standard where you have to show your work and prove a position to have it accepted. It's special like that. This place often has another side, where people reply to passive aggressiveness with salty .gifs.

This is an example of the latter.

P5nqLo5.gif

35 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

This place often does hold itself to a certain standard where you have to show your work and prove a position to have it accepted. It's special like that. This place often has another side, where people reply to passive aggressiveness with salty .gifs.

This is an example of the latter.

P5nqLo5.gif

We've upgraded, to the image that made sure Saban would never adapt ToQger. 

19hdek0txoka6gif.gif

I M A G I N A T I O N

As for the Lions' new uniforms, I'll wait until in-game action to judge them. But for now, I think they're a mild upgrade over what they had before, with the obvious flaw of the WCF patch (seriously, it's comparable to the Maple Leafs wearing a permanent Harold Ballard memorial) and the road pants/socks situation. 

45 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Rip-rop-rippity-do.

Archived