Lions New Logo and Uniforms 2017

gek_6

• 3 weeks later...

Wasn't a fan of blue pants the first time they did it, and I'm not a fan now.

Silver / gold helmets should be worn with either silver / gold pants, or dark pants.  While the blue obviously contrasts the silver, it's too light for me.  It's kind of the same reason I despise white pants with silver helmets, but on the other end.

It's not a bad look, and I totally get why some people prefer it, but it's just not for me.

11 hours ago, Lee Noire said:

I dig the blue pants, but the socks also being blue gives off that tights effect that I'm not a fan of. I wish they could wear silver socks instead.

I don't know if they could wear silver socks because it would look more grey but, in high school I played a team that wore a lot of silver leggings. Food for thought...

148103_177308352280863_4965586_n.jpg

Both the Vikings and Lions looked fantastic in the Orchard Park sun this preseason... there are definitely a few details you have to block out, but I get a similar clean feeling from both the Vikings and Lions Nike-era sets... the Lions road unis really won me over in game action.

15 minutes ago, BigRed618 said:

Am I the only one who didn't mind them wearing black? I mean, it looked dumb when they just shoehorned it in back in '03, but when they changed again in '09 they really did a good job getting the three colors to work together.

Yea I didn't mind the black trim on the previous set, but I much prefer without.

13 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I'd rather see white socks with stripes that match the jersey stripes.  They did silver before, and it just looked weird.  Matching the socks to the jersey is never a bad way to go.

I'd like just white socks to be honest, but the NFL does this weird half sock thing that's white. I'd like them to get rid of that as a whole. Would probably solve a lot of sock based uniform issues.