Lions New Logo and Uniforms 2017

gek_6

15 hours ago, Lee Noire said:

I'd like just white socks to be honest, but the NFL does this weird half sock thing that's white. I'd like them to get rid of that as a whole. Would probably solve a lot of sock based uniform issues. 

At the very least the Lions could place grey 'northwestern' stripes on the blue socks. Thoughts?

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, logo-maker said:

At the very least the Lions could place grey 'northwestern' stripes on the blue socks. Thoughts?

That probably wouldn't happen. 

The main reasons why teams like the Lions, Texans, Ravens, Vikings, and more choose to have beautiful color pants ruined by the leotard look are 1. the convenience of letting players who would rather just wear white crew socks and solid color tights 2. the complete lack of a stripeless fully white sock in the NFL. No team has white topped, unstriped socks. Teams that have stripes have to add an extra layer of complication in making sure players comply based on their tight vs sock preferences.

For the Lions to have blue socks with silver stripes wouldn't solve the leotard problem but would add that extra layer of complication (some players wearing stripe "rings" around their tights and others wearing the "correct" full sock with a stripe sewn in). The only team that does this to any kind of degree is the Dolphins I guess? With their weird blue topped aqua socks that add complication/having to carry a second pair of socks without solving the leotard problem. 

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

18 hours ago, DeFrank said:

That probably wouldn't happen. 

The main reasons why teams like the Lions, Texans, Ravens, Vikings, and more choose to have beautiful color pants ruined by the leotard look are 1. the convenience of letting players who would rather just wear white crew socks and solid color tights 2. the complete lack of a stripeless fully white sock in the NFL. No team has white topped, unstriped socks. Teams that have stripes have to add an extra layer of complication in making sure players comply based on their tight vs sock preferences.

For the Lions to have blue socks with silver stripes wouldn't solve the leotard problem but would add that extra layer of complication (some players wearing stripe "rings" around their tights and others wearing the "correct" full sock with a stripe sewn in). The only team that does this to any kind of degree is the Dolphins I guess? With their weird blue topped aqua socks that add complication/having to carry a second pair of socks without solving the leotard problem. 

This is the NFL and Nike we're talking about here.. There is absolutely no excuse for Nike not supplying teams with tights that are team color and have appropriate team stripes (in the appropriate location) when applicable.. Then a player can just wear standard crew socks like most prefer anyway, and the issue is solved.. 

2 hours ago, WavePunter said:

This is the NFL and Nike we're talking about here.. There is absolutely no excuse for Nike not supplying teams with tights that are team color and have appropriate team stripes (in the appropriate location) when applicable.. Then a player can just wear standard crew socks like most prefer anyway, and the issue is solved.. 

Trust me I completely agree. I think the NFL should just say sorry to the players, you have to wear real socks. It's just a lack of awareness or degree of caring. But I completely agree. If it was up to me the top half of NFL socks should not be allowed to be the same color as the pants, just as the bottom half has to be white. I'd also make high socks mandatory in baseball, so.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

24 minutes ago, DeFrank said:

Trust me I completely agree. I think the NFL should just say sorry to the players, you have to wear real socks. It's just a lack of awareness or degree of caring. But I completely agree. If it was up to me the top half of NFL socks should not be allowed to be the same color as the pants, just as the bottom half has to be white. I'd also make high socks mandatory in baseball, so.

That rule would be an excellent start.  I would add to that, with primary home and road uniforms, there should be a contrast of color between every part of the uniform that touches (jersey with pants, pants with socks) excepting when white jerseys and pants are worn together. This would effectively kill not just the leotard legs, but also the primary home monochrome, and kick start my plan for total world domination.

61gZX518c6L._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

5 hours ago, DeFrank said:

They're just not strict enough with the rules.. It's sad and pathetic that players are allowed to wear their socks however they please.. I agree that there should be a standard.. The top half of the sock should be colored (unless socks are striped, in which case the middle of the striping pattern should hit the midpoint) and the bottom half should be white (or contain a single, separating stripe, with the rest being white - like the Broncos).. Give the players a 2-inch leeway either direction, but otherwise don't deviate from the rule

• 3 weeks later...

Lions blue pants look way darker than I imagined they'd be.  The numbers too.  They must certainly have darkened their blue considerably since the Sanders era.

I don't mind the blue pants with the silver helmets as much as I thought I would, because the pants are so dark.  I'd still prefer silver, but their nearly-royal pants look acceptable.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

9 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Lions blue pants look way darker than I imagined they'd be.  The numbers too.  They must certainly have darkened their blue considerably since the Sanders era.

I thought it was just me.  Maybe it was the artificial lighting, but they almost looked like a light royal blue.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• 1 month later...

Every game I watch the Lions play the more I like these uniforms.

During the game last night, they showed a few highlights from last season and the Lions were too dark and didn't pop as well as these new uniforms.  

Just an incredible update across the board.  Even the Lions sleeve wordmark doesn't bother me now.

Archived