kimball

Worst Throwback Uniform Match-ups

Recommended Posts

One (of my many) uniform pet-peeves is match-ups involving mixed throwback uniforms -- or even worse -- a throwback vs. current era match-up.

 

I love that baseball is more apt to get both teams in era-appropriate throwbacks -- and to some extent the NFL in 1994 (NFL 75th) and 2009 (AFL 50th) seasons. But, the NFL and NBA have had some horrible mix-matched match-ups. 

 

I thought it would fun to find some of the worst ...

 

Pittsburgh-Steelers-Byron-Leftwich-sacke

usp-nfl_-carolina-panthers-at-washington

ca8c3d59b37ce0ecfba2dc98ba03cd4d.jpg

9226445.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Redskins one would look great against the Bears throwbacks in a color rush/throwbacks thingy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BrianLion said:

Jets-Titans-Jersey-Nick-Laham.jpg

The Jets wouldn't look good in that uniform no matter what their opponent was wearing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gobbi said:

The Jets wouldn't look good in that uniform no matter what their opponent was wearing.

Amen. Never understood why people seemed to like those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gobbi said:
7 minutes ago, BrianLion said:

Jets-Titans-Jersey-Nick-Laham.jpg

The Jets wouldn't look good in that uniform no matter what their opponent was wearing.

 

I was just about to comment about how good that looks regardless of the mismatched era of the opponents' uniforms.  I particularly love the texture on that number.

 

Though there's no good reason that the shoulder stripes cannot continue all the way down into the armpit.

Image result for new york titans afl
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Amen. Never understood why people seemed to like those.

They weren't bad. I really liked the Titans of New York throwbacks. 

Jerricho+Cotchery+Tennessee+Titans+v+New

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

 

I was just about to comment about how good that looks regardless of the mismatched era of the opponents' uniforms.  I particularly love the texture on that number.

 

Though there's no good reason that the shoulder stripes cannot continue all the way down into the armpit.

Image result for new york titans afl
 

The numbers look nice, but they're a different shade from the pants and, yeah, making the stripes go all the way around would help matters - but the uniform isn't the Jets' color, and the logo-less helmet is boring. 

 

Still looks better than the Packers' throwbacks, though. (Winces and braces for a beating.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, insert name said:

Here's an ugly one. Guess which uniform is the ugly one. 

broncos-throwback.jpg

Both? The Pat Patriots didn't really look good, IMO, until they adopted their Super Bowl XX style.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, insert name said:

Here's an ugly one. 

broncos-throwback.jpg

Funny, I'd prefer those Broncos uniforms to the New York Titans ones. I liked the simple two colour look and the vertical striped socks added a unique charm to turn a simple uniform into something out of the ordinary. Different Strokes I guess... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gobbi said:

Funny, I'd prefer those Broncos uniforms to the New York Titans ones. I liked the simple two colour look and the vertical striped socks added a unique charm to turn a simple uniform into something out of the ordinary. Different Strokes I guess... 

Guess who didn't like them the first time around? The players, the coaches, the fans, the league...take your pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those throwback games they had back in 94 and 2009 were fun even if some of the uniforms were on the ugly side. This is why I hate the one helmet rule because it potentially takes away from doing something like that again for the 100th anniversary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This might be the worst ever:

Throwback(ish) vs GFGS

635883173333661105-USATSI-9054723.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When the Mets made up a throwback uniform which is associated with that time David Wright got hit in the head. I still believe this event never made him the same player again.

alg-wright-jpg.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, insert name said:

yikes...

6354544.jpg

This is a throwback game? Are you sure the Rays and the Tigers didn't play against each other around 1981? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, prof said:

ray_record_shot_wide500300.jpg

Except the celtics are wearing the same uniform they wore for 60 years, if anything that is an accurate throwback game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.