Uniforms/Logos That Got You Interested in Uniforms/Logos

FinsUp1214

Baltimore Bullets, early-mid-70s. When I was becoming cognizant of sports logos and unis. 
the old NHL sticker books did a job, too, The logos. The colors.

bal1.jpg

bal2.jpg

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, tommytimp said:

bal1.jpg

Going off topic, it looks to me that the wordmark on the photo border and the court don't match in this picture.  The letters on the court have fairly straight sides, while the letters on the border have rounded edge.  This is especially apparent with the b and the e.

More on topic, I would have a 5-year-old living near Baltimore during the 1972-73 season.  I have no memory of these uniforms, but I vaguely remember these . . . which came before the ones in the picture.

s-l1000.jpg

58f166b2cdc47236bad2df07b8ac6518.jpg

I always thought they were black and orange like the Orioles, but apparently they were blue and orange . . . at least at some point.

Also, I just noticed that two different wordmarks are used on the orange jerseys . . . one with a capital B and one with a lower case b.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

They weren't the prettiest uniforms ever, but I was at my Godfather's house and saw his 1982 Mariners road uniform laying out after he had just returned from the end of the season. Back then, it was the most beautiful thing i'd ever seen. Bright blue and gold, and seeing how everything was sewn on. To this day, I'm fascinated by those uniforms and it's one of the few I can't find one of.

This happened when I was 15

181.gif

That with the teal uniform, made my interest in hockey and uniforms explode. It was then followed up by these

e53fc0b143372ce613c05f21b96d925b.jpg

2785_tampa_bay_lightning-jersey-2002.png

94.gif

ana93.png?token=T01Gysfafk62Am8IS9jniihC

607.gif

It was a pretty neat time to be at a somewhat formative age when pro sports expansion seemingly exploded and a host of new teams with great logos and fun color schemes were introduced.  Ever since I've been obsessed with sports logos and uniform aesthetics. 

Archived