XFL 2017

ImmortalChef

8 hours ago, panthers_2012 said:

I understand that you're hand drawing the logo, but it's sloppy in its execution. The X doesn't really look like an X and the thickness in all of the letters are off. 

I did this on purpose to represent the loose and frenetic style of the XFL, my logos are all clean

AwvgSX4.png

A suggestion for hand-drawing: Use a straight edge to sketch your straight lines. Then you can build your "frenetic" lines off the straight lines you've laid down so that they're still quasi-random but they're radiating from a consistent line.

Also, you can go to a hardware or art-supply store and, for a small investment, pick up a French curve or two, as well as shape stencils, so that you can keep all your linework professional. This is how folks did it in pre-computers, and if you look at some of that work from back in the day, it's clean and sharp and might as well have been made by computers if they'd been around.

rATMcmK.png

34 minutes ago, Whittier S said:

A suggestion for hand-drawing: Use a straight edge to sketch your straight lines. Then you can build your "frenetic" lines off the straight lines you've laid down so that they're still quasi-random but they're radiating from a consistent line.

Also, you can go to a hardware or art-supply store and, for a small investment, pick up a French curve or two, as well as shape stencils, so that you can keep all your linework professional. This is how folks did it in pre-computers, and if you look at some of that work from back in the day, it's clean and sharp and might as well have been made by computers if they'd been around.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll think of creating a new one

AwvgSX4.png

4 hours ago, Dan O'Mac said:

I'd recommend looking at the WWE's logo progression. They had the "sketch" WWF logo in the Attitude Era, and recently "cleaned" it up, now as the WWE. If Vince McMahon were to bring the XFL back, I think he's going to go with a cleaner logo.

Or, an update of the actual XFL logo with the letters in a different font besides Copperplate.

10 hours ago, Dan O'Mac said:

I'd recommend looking at the WWE's logo progression. They had the "sketch" WWF logo in the Attitude Era, and recently "cleaned" it up, now as the WWE. If Vince McMahon were to bring the XFL back, I think he's going to go with a cleaner logo.

I was going to actually bring this point up but @Dan O'Mac beat me to it.

19 minutes ago, ImmortalChef said:

Sorry man, I got so much hate at the beginning that I quit on the series

How the hell is it hate? I know you got some stuff on another topic, but if you really think of it as hate, just brush it off and forget about it. Just accept the criticism or "hate" and just keep working.

u3J7jjd.png

26 minutes ago, PaperThin said:

How the hell is it hate? I know you got some stuff on another topic, but if you really think of it as hate, just brush it off and forget about it. Just accept the criticism or "hate" and just keep working.

Thanks for the love, but I think I am going to focus 100% on my fantasy basketball league series

AwvgSX4.png

• Atomic locked this topic

Archived