NYCdog

Super Bowl LII logo

Per tweet below, is on page 285. I believe this was how LI logo was also leaked.

First thought, surprised it's not Vikings Purple and instead appears to be Honolulu Blue. 

1 minute ago, Old School Fool said:

They sure screwed this one up.

Since the NFL went away from the unique designs, they've all been screwed up. 

Not sure if y'all can tell from the picture but you can see the blue reflection of the first I on the right side of the trophy in the new logo. Same treatment besides that. I'm not a fan of this new trend post-50 of excluding city specific info. They haven't even put the city in LI or LII. Really hate this and makes me nervous as to what color they're going to randomly assign ATL in 2019.

13 minutes ago, BlazerBlaze said:

Not sure if y'all can tell from the picture but you can see the blue reflection of the first I on the right side of the trophy in the new logo. Same treatment besides that. I'm not a fan of this new trend post-50 of excluding city specific info. They haven't even put the city in LI or LII. Really hate this and makes me nervous as to what color they're going to randomly assign ATL in 2019.

I'll predict ATL will be assigned peach. Miami will be teal, LA will be yellow. 

Just now, NYCdog said:

I'll predict ATL will be assigned peach. Miami will be teal, LA will be yellow. 

I'd like to see mock ups of that and how MBS would be lit. Would be a very fine line between the peach bowl and the pink bowl. lol

Could it be that Red is used for AFC teams and blue for NFC? Red in Houston followed by Blue in Minnesota 

16 minutes ago, bowld said:

Could it be that Red is used for AFC teams and blue for NFC? Red in Houston followed by Blue in Minnesota 

Not the same shade of blue used in the NFC logo.

I think Houston got red because of their host committee logo, which was predominantly red. This shade of light blue is also used in Minnesota's host committee logo too. 

Edit: Font appears to be the same blue used. 

screen_shot_2015-10-09_at_12.52.10_pm-2.

Edited by NYCdog

Really don't understand why everybody is complaining about the colors, its not like every SB logo ever has been in the host's colors. 

But, the NFL does take full responsibility for the boringness of the logo. 

Kinda wonder what they'll do with the field. A blue-trimmed logo on a field with those wonky Vikings numbers on the yard lines and purple-trimmed 25-yard lines will look strange to say the least.

6 minutes ago, CitizenTino said:

Kinda wonder what they'll do with the field. A blue-trimmed logo on a field with those wonky Vikings numbers on the yard lines and purple-trimmed 25-yard lines will look strange to say the least.

They likely wouldn't keep and Vikings branded parts of the turf and replace it to fit the NFL's

It's not bad, but it certainly is boring. The NFL should use March Madness branding as a guide for their own. March Madness has recently done a really good job of matching standardization with the identity of the host city.

I bet the next chance we see a change to this design is Super Bowl LIV.  No way they change it up for LIII

The Super Bowl really deserves to have something better than the same bland silver logo.

They really can't hire a team to make a creative logo again?