2017 MLB Season

Norva

1 minute ago, DEAD! said:

They politely ignored the comment about sending him "back to the motherland."

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're common enough that the trade-off of saving a few seconds here and there isn't worth it. A more effective rule would be to limit or eliminate catchers visiting the mound to talk to the pitcher. Call it the Jorge Posada rule. (YANKEE SLAM! The season has officially started!)

Probably because they play in an overall weaker division plus obviously having the best pitcher in the game. Plus they still won the division even though Kershaw missed 10 weeks(of course the Giants had to Sharks the division away) 

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

8 hours ago, Cujo said:

The Dodgers are the odds on faves to own the second-best record in all of baseball.

Am I missing something here?

C5PK-yIUkAE654F.jpg

The Dodgers were a very good team last year and they now have a second baseman and a righty bat. They should continue to be a very good team this year. Kershaw doesn't hurt, either.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

12 hours ago, HedleyLamarr said:

Looks like the automatic Intentional Walk will be in play for 2017.

It won't shave that much time off the game, but it allows the game to maintain some sort of pace and the pitcher to stay in his regular rhythm.

This is the best news coming from MLB in a very long time! I hate seeing 4 pitches thrown as it is a waste of time! Now if they just put Designated Hitters in the National League I may start watching baseball again. 

spacer.png

4 hours ago, FGM13 said:

The Dodgers were a very good team last year and they now have a second baseman and a righty bat. They should continue to be a very good team this year. Kershaw doesn't hurt, either.

And if Kershaw goes down, that "95 win teams" team is toast.

And for whatever reason, having LA finish 7 games ahead of the Giants seems like a massive stretch.

6uXNWAo.png

6 hours ago, Cujo said:

And if Kershaw goes down, that "95 win teams" team is toast.

And for whatever reason, having LA finish 7 games ahead of the Giants seems like a massive stretch.

Lucky they're the only team that has the depth to replace Kershaw, then.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

10 hours ago, nuordr said:

This is the best news coming from MLB in a very long time! I hate seeing 4 pitches thrown as it is a waste of time! Now if they just put Designated Hitters in the National League I may start watching baseball again. 

No.

2 hours ago, FGM13 said:

Lucky they're the only team that has the depth to replace Kershaw, then.

#2 K. Maeda - Next best option. Mkay.

#3 R. Hill - Flash in the pan.

#4 S. Kazmir - Washed.

#5 J. Urias - Worse than advertised.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived