mattr1198

Cleveland Browns New Concept

Hi,

We all know how awful the Browns are and, more specifically, how awful and bland their helmet logo has been. So, I decided to create a fun concept attempting to fix the Browns' identity once and for all. Integrating both Browns history (here) and the identity of Cleveland (here), I think this logo would be great.

Hope you guys like it! Feel free to comment any suggestions or praise!

Browns New Concept.jpg

Good logo, except the Browns were founded in 1946. You plan on doing uniforms? 

1 minute ago, panthers_2012 said:

Good logo, except the Browns were founded in 1946. You plan on doing uniforms? 

They didn't enter the NFL officially till 1950 though. I wouldn't plan on doing the uniforms since there really wouldn't be any change with exception to the removing of the weird drop shadow for the numbers in my opinion.

I feel like this would work better as an alternate logo, not a primary. That being said, it is a good logo that ties nicely with the city and team.

EDIT: Disregard this. Stealing someone else's work is not cool and could even get you banned.

Just now, NoE38 said:

I feel like this would work better as an alternate logo, not a primary. That being said, it is a good logo that ties nicely with the city and team.

Agreed on this, you did a really good job, I don't think it would be a primary though.

You could remove some of the stuff on the logo, also, nice profile pic

3 hours ago, mattr1198 said:

They didn't enter the NFL officially till 1950 though. I wouldn't plan on doing the uniforms since there really wouldn't be any change with exception to the removing of the weird drop shadow for the numbers in my opinion.

You are correct in that aspect, but their official records indicate 1946. It doesn't matter when they entered the league because the Browns don't go off of that. It's s pet peeve of mine when people use the wrong EST date(not saying you're wrong with what you did and I understand your reasoning) but I just wanted to bring it to your attention because we do have Cleveland fans here and they will say the same thing. 

After comments, I decided to give the full makeover to the Browns, logos and uniforms. I created the primary logo, demoted the previously created logo (with a date update to 1946) to an alternate, and brought back the old bulldog logo, updated with new colors as a secondary logo. The new typeface is included as well.

I also updated the Browns uniforms slightly, along with (roughly) creating a throwback alternate uniform to replace the ugly orange alternate.

Hope you like these! Comments appreciated!

New Browns Logo Set.jpgNew Browns Uniform Set.jpg

This concept has a few things going for it and quite a bit going against it.

The primary logo is kind of uninspired and lacks any real form. It relies on a white background, so as soon as it's on a brown or orange background, it needs to change color to work.

Also,it's really just a direct rip of this concept logo that's been floating around online for some time now with a C switched out now.

2d31012f28da0bba710b0f2f6268775c.jpg

which is really just a poor man's version of this logo the Browns used in the mid 2000's.

STK-NFL-CLB-A2003-02.jpg

The badge doesn't do much for me either. It smashes their current word mark down and is built in a shield that doesn't really stand for anything or serve any real purpose. The EST. is too small and also doesn't need to be there. No professional logos state the EST date because it doesn't serve any purpose. As soon as that logo is scaled down to the size of a twitter avatar, that detail will be completely illegible. The shape of the shield conflicts with the shape of the C logo.

The sleeve stripes are nice on the home and away, keeping the helmet stripe consistent which is nice. The belts should be the same color as the pants and that inner stripe on the inside edges of the leg are downright strange. The orange NOB is illegible on the brown uniform. The Orange uni numbers on the browns current away set are difficult to read, so removing the stroke only makes them harder to read. Orange on white doesn't work.

I think the cream alternates are way too yellow, and also could stand to just be white. I don't think any NFL throwbacks currently use the cream retro treatment, so I see no reason to break the trend. I think it's kind of corny in baseball and should stay there. If you're gonna do a throwback, the facemask should be gray instead of brown since they've only used a Brown facemask since 2015.

I don't know if this concept has done anything to give Cleveland a more recognizable brand.

18 minutes ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

All you really did was sort of steal and recolor @mbannon92's Browns concept from ~2 years ago....

aWPGuTlDqq2yc.gif

14 hours ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

All you really did was sort of steal and recolor @mbannon92's Browns concept from ~2 years ago....

smh

So the concept you used for the uniforms isn't yours, its someone else's, you just added the pant insert, and "tweaked" the away numbers. And recolored the pants, and you can tell its just a paint bucket fill because the detail lines on the pants are half gone. Idk about the cream jersey, but don't just make someone else's concept your own."

Heres the original from someone else on the boards, pretty easy to find on google.

sJ2kwsT.png

Now you gotta wonder where the logo in this "concept" came from. 

1 hour ago, BJ Sands said:

Now you gotta wonder where the logo in this "concept" came from. 

That was originally @mbannon92 too 

xQO3K7L.png

Edited by panthers_2012
Fixed spelling error