andyfootball67

San Antonio NFL Team REVAMPED

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

I'd want a more Southwest-style color scheme. Black can definitely change to something else. How committed are you to yellow as a secondary color?

San Antonio is traditionally pretty monochromatic. That was until the Missions changes to Midnight Blue Sand and Red. 

4 hours ago, FFWally said:

San Antonio is traditionally pretty monochromatic. That was until the Missions changes to Midnight Blue Sand and Red. 

The Gunslingers weren't monochromatic. The Spurs used to have a very colorful logo that (for better or worse) they didn't try to apply to their uniforms. The Spurs' logo was in classic Southwestern colors, too...at least Tex-Mex colors. Admittedly, though, a team with an Alamo theme shouldn't go that route.

When I think of a Southwestern-themed identity, I typically think of the Diamondbacks' original scheme, or better yet the Tucson Sidewinders' logo and colors before they went back to being the Toros. Here's a non-sport-specific version of their logo (although the one with the snake wrapped around the bat is even better):

images (4).jpg

I always get the urge to build a football team around this logo and color scheme. It would suit AZ or NM better than it would TX, though. I don't know what OP should do, but black and yellow (even with a bit of red) just feels like a generic scheme to me. That said, I do like OP's logos.

TL;DR - I feel like a more distinctive color scheme is needed.

So I think you can work with this, but I also think you need to create a logo that's a little more footballish. That logo would be a good wordmark for the team, but what logo would go onto the helmet? The NFL logos don't have words in them, it's simply a logo. Work with what you've got here, and create a wordless logo that could be the primary. You've got a great start and you can build on what you've got here.