Nebraska Cornhuskers Logo Concept - Trying a new direction.

hettinger_rl

Once again; this would not end up being used by the school. They have tooooo much invested in Herbie looking guys. But I tried to think of some mascots that fit the name, region, and aren't human. Because let's face it, it won't be long until all human mascots will offend someone.

My 2 options here are:

Raccoon- They are always raiding the corn fields, cribs, and silos. They are from the animal family Musteloidea so they fit in the BIG10. They have peopleish hands so to get to the corn they actually husk it. They are un-used in D1. Drawback- many farmers hate them.

Scarecrow- They are associated with fields/corn fields. Human-ish so it's not as far of a move from Herbie. They are un-used in D1. They are often stuffed with corn husks. Drawback- seem to be either too creepy or too friendly.

Here are the looks:

Raccoon: Not sure about the eyes

A                                                                                                    B

2a1ap.png2a2p.png

Scarecrow:

A2c2p.png

Let me know what you think. If you think they should just have a Herbie, then explain why in a way that is not "because that's what they've always had".

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Im liking the scarecrow, thats awesomely unique. One issue for me though is it seems a little squished, almost like you're looking up at it. Id also go with option A of the two raccoons. All three are great though!

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

Wow just amazing logos after amazing logos, you never cease to amaze me. And that goes for these logos too. I get what you were doing with the raccoon but I think for a school like Nebraska it wouldn't work because most people wouldn't realize the relation. It's a great logo but I think the scarecrow would work better for Nebraska. The scarecrow logo is awesome. Usually I would say it's too uneven but that's exactly what a scarecrow is supposed to be like. Just an amazing job all around. And is the state of Nebraska used as the eyes? 

1 hour ago, natolian10 said:

Wow just amazing logos after amazing logos, you never cease to amaze me. And that goes for these logos too. I get what you were doing with the raccoon but I think for a school like Nebraska it wouldn't work because most people wouldn't realize the relation. It's a great logo but I think the scarecrow would work better for Nebraska. The scarecrow logo is awesome. Usually I would say it's too uneven but that's exactly what a scarecrow is supposed to be like. Just an amazing job all around. And is the state of Nebraska used as the eyes? 

Yes, a facsimile of it.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

I like them both, but I prefer the scarecrow for Nebraska. I would save the raccoon for a different school (maybe Indiana...I don't know what a Hoosier is). 

Edit: whoops nvm I didn't see you've already done Indiana maybe idaho I don't know 

Normally I look at concepts as if they exist in a vacuum since concepts are more about creative fun than real-life practicality, but in this case with Nebraska being in the B1G with Wisconsin, two schools that already have similar colors and jerseys, I don't think the raccoon would go over well. It remind me of Bucky Badger. (BTW I prefer the left version with the sparkle in the eye).

The raccoon could work for some school/team, but probably not for Nebraska. I could see the scarecrow working if Nebraska adopted the scarecrow identity as an unofficial logo for merchandise occasionally.

Any time I see that you've posted a new logo, a rush of excitement and jealousy comes over me every single time and you never disappoint. Freaking fantastic job, as always.

XcryMwi.png

These are super off the wall, but I like that. Although, I do think that Herbie should stick around because none of these logos give me a "huskers" feel. If you modernized Herbie from the classic logo and made him a little more fierce, I think you'd have an amazing logo. These options just don't feel Nebraska-y if that makes sense.

spacer.png

Archived