Worst NBA Uniforms

kimball

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, ImmortalChef said:

I still shiver every time I see these

Composite_Los_Angeles_Clippers_vector_uniforms.gif

I have come to like the red jersey. The layout of the front logo and number is unique in today's league but also an unintentional nod to the franchise's history. Namely, it reminds me of these Buffalo Braves uniforms:

OM7XBL2.jpg

The home and alternate are terrible, though.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 11:29 AM, SCalderwood said:

The purist (however much there is) in me tells me to hate those uniforms, but I've got to say that overall I'm okay with them, especially considering the time they came out.  Would I want them to wear them today?  No.

That was during a time when even other "traditional"-looking teams really mixed it up and went all-in on the crazy mid-90s looks.  If the Sixers were going to do the mid-90s thing, I'm glad it came out the way it did.  Could have been much worse.  I'm even okay with the black.  It's just what teams were doing.  And, overall, objectively (not considering history, etc.), I do think they look cool.

Retro is now in, so it makes sense that they look the way they do now.  I guess what I am trying to say is that I think the Sixers have always looked appropriate for their time.  They seem to go with trends but don't hang onto them for longer than they need to.  I'll even give them credit for the cheesy look they had in the early 90s - regardless of what you think of those uniforms, they do look very early-90s.  They don't look out of place for that time.

I agree that there will always be a special place in my heart for these. But I also remember how these really only looked good on Iverson. The rest of the team always looked like an old dude wearing a cutoff playing pickup basketball.

Image result for sixers 2003

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 1:33 AM, Cujo said:

Perhaps an unpopular opinion, but I despised everything about this set.

sixers26.jpg

I enjoyed that entire set. It's clearly not their best look, but out of all of the 90s experimentations we've seen, this one probably aged the best. I hated their court design, though.

Also, only 2 players ever looked good in these. AI was clearly the best looking player out of all of them. And I think Chris Webber looked pretty good in them too. That's probably because of the black Kings jersey he rocked during the late 90s/early 00s.

Just now, Satomiblood said:

I enjoyed that entire set. It's clearly not their best look, but out of all of the 90s experimentations we've seen, this one probably aged the best. I hated their court design, though.

Al that BFBS better than this?..... Not remotely close.

iverson_400_white_96.jpg

6uXNWAo.png

6 hours ago, ScubaSteve said:

I agree that there will always be a special place in my heart for these. But I also remember how these really only looked good on Iverson. The rest of the team always looked like an old dude wearing a cutoff playing pickup basketball.

Image result for sixers 2003

Kinda like the jerseys from the old ABA-NBA All-Star Game in the early '70s.

627192784.jpg

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

20 minutes ago, Sweetness said:

Can't believe it took until page 6 for this. 

image.jpg

BUT ... BUT ... CHAMPIONSHIP! 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

warriors-1997-2002-uniforms-getty-ftrjpg_9deotqddmbi719vuymila1z6s.jpg?t=-1261287675&w=1280&h=720&quality=100

When the Warriors overhauled their look/identity for 1997-98, that look was egregiously ugly.

OTOH, when they modified it a few seasons later (the WARRIORS font was changed a bit, no lightning on the sides of the unis), those were more tolerable. 

Archived